• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Need advice on how long to stop depo

Brink637

So I get depo once per week from my doc but I want to move to pellets. The doc said I need to stop the shots cold turkey so my test will drop. That way insurance will pay for the pellets which are damn expensive. I've done shot for 7 months. How long will I have to go to see my test drop?

Not nearly enough info.
It depends on how high your total T is on your current protocol AND how low your Doc wants you to drop it to.
Also...does your insurance currently pay for your shots?
And why were you put on TRT in the first place?
If you were put on TRT for low testosterone numbers 7 months ago, then you shouldn't have to drop back down to low T numbers to switch methods.

Insurance doesnt pay for shots.

My T was low so i started TRT.

They say because of fda and/or insurance i have to prove necessity OR i have to pay out of pocket. I have going cold turkey on test because i've built a lot of muscle. Just wondering how long i need to fast for.

Insurance doesnt pay for shots.

My T was low so i started TRT.

They say because of fda and/or insurance i have to prove necessity OR i have to pay out of pocket. I have going cold turkey on test because i've built a lot of muscle. Just wondering how long i need to fast for.

I still don't get it.
You said that you get once a week shots from your Doc and that you started TRT because your T was low.
What kind of doctor do you see...or is this an anti-aging clinic thing?
IF you were put on TRT 7 months ago by an actual doctor and because your Testosterone levels tested low, why would you have to come totally off of one protocol, bring your T levels back to natural baseline JUST to switch the administration protocol of a drug you have been legitimately prescribed to treat a legitimate condition?
Anyway...no one can accurately tell you how long you may have to stop the shots to return to baseline WITHOUT knowing the dose of your weekly shot.

This info. would help others here to give you an idea of what length of time it would take for all exogenous testosterone to clear your body.
1 What is the dose of your weekly shot?
2 What are your current T levels while ON TRT?
3 What was your Total T level BEFORE going on TRT?

So I get depo once per week from my doc but I want to move to pellets. The doc said I need to stop the shots cold turkey so my test will drop. That way insurance will pay for the pellets which are damn expensive. I've done shot for 7 months. How long will I have to go to see my test drop?

Sorry about my belated reply to your question, but the answer is somewhere bt 5-7 half-lives of the TRT drug being used.

Example since the half-lives of T-c or T-e are about 5-7 days the time required to reach baseline will be in the neighborhood of 4-6 weeks.

Of course your baseline can only be determined by repeat TT testing which I could begin as early as 4 weeks and every two weeks thereafter.