Neewbiest's first cycle log

Discussion in 'Steroid Cycle Log' started by Neewbiest guy, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

Still taking some time from being sick. Its my little ones 1st B'day party tomorrow so gonna take the weekend and start fresh again on Monday. Have gotten a couple comments as a few people thought I was to skinny previously, lol and look better now that I've put some weight back on. I did a natty cut from 205 down to 156lbs, so I was pretty scrawny for a bit. I ready to get back at it but wanna make sure 100% before plowing back in.

FourOneDeuxFitt and Sworder like this.
  2. Xcar_

Xcar_ Junior Member

How’s the NPP doing for ya for the joints?
    I have a job that requires a lot of lifting and I’m younger than you but I played ball and have bad knees too. My lower back is pretty bad as well.

I’m currently on Test E from SP. And I’m considering running a log for those of you who need a lab rat from a cutting perspective.

This is my first time juicing as well. I’ve been natty lifting for over 10 years.

Neewbiest guy likes this.
  3. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

Yep the NPP has helped greatly with my joint issues but that's basically based off of the feelz report, which I'm not sure how else you would test that benefit. Just keep it to a low dose. I started out 200mg per week. 50mg M/W/F/S repeat. I did increase to 300mg after about 3 weeks or so as no sides other some back acne. Good luck!

4. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

Back at today, and it felt good to get the pump going again after a week off. Increased most of my lifts too. I have been training to failure, meaning I can barely finish the last rep and not perform another. On Deadlift today fell 2 reps short on the last set as I was failing and also felt like my form was going to go to shit if I tried for one or two more reps. Weight this morning was 183lbs down 2lbs from last week, which isn't bad considering I vomited any and all liquid or substance I had in my body for 24 hours on Tuesday and could barely eat on Wednesday lol.

Legs:

Squat ***
    200x6x3 (+5lbs)
    Deadlift ***
    280x6x3 last set 280x4 (+5lbs)
    Leg extention ***
    215x8x3 (+5lbs)
    Seated leg curl ***
    195x6x3 (+5lbs)
    Calf extensions ***
    300x10x3

Abs:

Cable crunch machine ***
    95.5x10x3
    Ab side to sides (kettle bell) ***
    30x20x3
    Weighted sit up ***
    30x12x3

1 mile walk incline 5 degrees *

5. Sworder

Sworder Member

When training on cycle that's what I do to and I think it is the best to push, push and PUSH. One more rep, then one more rep after that. :)

How many more weeks do you have left?
    If you can get to 190 lbs before the cycle ends that would be AWESOME!
    You will lose 5-8 lbs from glycogen stores after the cycle is over, remember how you gained 5-8lbs in the start? That was all carbs into your muscles and it will leave later too.

How much are you increasing the weights? Your strength should be increasing by the week and you should be smashing PRs.

6. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

I've got 4 weeks left. I set a 12 week bench mark when I started, although I was thinking of maybe pushing it to 16. The ultimate goal was to try and get to 200lbs but it's not happening this time with in the next 4 weeks. Should be able to get to 190lbs though if all goes well. Each week I've increased lift its any between 5lbs to 15lbs progressively depending on the lift. I'd say it's been consistently 10-20% each week.

7. Sworder

Sworder Member

Awesome man! If you can get to 190 I would say your cycle was extremely successful!

Keep in mind you can only gain so much in a set period of time, myostatin levels will increase and that will halt your gains. If you notice anything dramatic to that effect just call it quits.

8. Tiredandhot

Tiredandhot Member

Nice, following this thread. Keep at it.

9. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

So I did do some slow steady state Cardio on Tuesday. 2.25mile incline walk at 8 degree incline at 3mph (no I did not hold on to the treadmill :D). Today did chest and increased some lifts again. Left out abs this time as I decided to now do them on my off days of Tuesdays and Thursday along with some Cardio. Weight this morning is back up to 185lbs. Also lowered the carbs and up'd the fat a little. 300g carbs, 250g protein, 130g fats at around 3250 calories.

Chest

Bench press •••
    180x6x3 (+5lbs)
    Incline bench press •••
    130x5x3 (+5lbs)
    Decline bench press •••
    190x6x3 (+10lbs)
    Incline Dumbbell flys •••
    45x8x3
    Dumbell bench press •••
    65x6x3
    Low cable cross over •••
    20.5x8x3
    High Cable crossovers •••
    20.5x8x3

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  10. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

Abs and Cardio today. I usually get DOMS a day or two after working out but this evening my abs are already sore. Still mowing down the calories at around 3200-3800 range. Weight this morning after rehydrating still at 185lbs. Have 4 weeks left to try and make 190lbs.

Abs:

Cable crunch ***

97.5x10x3

Weighted sit up ***

30x15x3

Leg lifts***

3x8

Side to side ***

30x25x3

Oblique sit up ***

3x16

2 mile walk incline 8 degree *

11. Sworder

Sworder Member

Nice! Looks like you are on track!

12. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

So decided to switch it up today and do Back which I usually do on Sundays. Just to give my back so more time to recover before doing Deadlifts on Monday. Weight this morning 186.1. Starting to slowing climb in weight again.

Back

Pull ups •••
    3x8
    Face pull •••
    62.5x10x3 (+5lbs)
    Straight arm rope pull down •••
    42.5x8x3 (+5lbs)
    Wide grip sitting row •••
    140x9x3
    Close grip sitting row •••
    145x8x3
    Lat pull down wide grip •••
    150x8x3 (+5lbs)
    Lat pull down close grip •••
    150x7x3 (+5lbs)
    Dumbell upright rows •••
    75x8x3 ea (+5lbs)
    Sitting bent over back flys •••
    30x8x3 (+5lbs)
    Dumbell trap shrug •••
    75x15x3
    Hypertensions •••
    45x10x3 (+2 reps)
    Sitting rear dealt machine •••
    130x8x3
    Straight arm pull down bar •••
    52.5x8x3

10 minute cool down walk
    Stretching

13. Sworder

Sworder Member

Nice! Sounds like you are powering through this. It can be a lot of work huh? Building all that muscle...

14. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

Today's arm session. Continuing to train failure. Almost always struggling for the last rep and then pushing for one more. So each set I've hit the the last rep in the set. Some lifts increased weight today while some others I increased the reps for each set. Got some insane pump in the arms today. Wishing I could keep this cycle going but I only have 3 1/2 weeks left. Weight this morning 186.8lbs.

Arms:

Dumbbell curl •••
    45x8x3
    Rope Tricep press •••
    45x10x3 (+2 reps)
    Standing Tricep cable machine •••
    75x8x3
    Standing Reverse barbell curl •••
    60x10x3 (+2 reps)
    standing reverse Tricep cable machine •••
    65x8x3
    Standing hammer curl •••
    45x6x3 (+5lbs)
    Seated preacher curl •••
    145x8x3
    Seated tricep press machine •••
    140x8x3 (+10lbs)
    Drop set cable curl •
    57.5/47.5/37.5x8 ea
    Single hand Tricep cable push down •
    (drop set)
    19/14/9x8 ea

FourOneDeuxFitt and Btcowboy like this.
  15. Sworder

Sworder Member

Keep up the good work!
    You will notice when things slow down, as long as things are good keep building :)

16. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

Mondays leg day. Didn't increase anything this session, but did push for the extra rep at the end of each set. Weight was at 186lbs and still no problem eating the calories. Steady at around 3400-3800 daily. Carbs are lower now at around 350-400g, protein still around 225-250g, and fats I've up'd a little to 120-140g.

Legs:

Squat •••
    200x6x3
    Deadlift •••
    280x6x3 last set 280x5
    Leg extention •••
    215x8x3
    Seated leg curl •••
    195x6x3
    Calf extensions •••
    300x10x3

1 mile walk incline 5 degree*

FourOneDeuxFitt, Jurgen and Sworder like this.
  17. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

Start of week #10 of my first cycle today. I know it's Wednesday but when I started my cycle I was getting over being sick and Wednesday was the first day I felt good enough to start. Today was chest and I focused on holding each rep for a second. Felt like I got some good pump at the end of each set. Weight this morning 188.8lbs. I don't think I'll have a problem reaching at least 190lbs by the end of this cycle.

Chest

Bench press •••
    190x6x3 (+10lbs)
    Incline bench press •••
    130x5x3
    Decline bench press •••
    200x6x3 (+10lbs) last set 200x5
    Incline Dumbbell flys •••
    45x8x3
    Dumbell bench press •••
    65x6x3
    Low cable cross over •••
    15x8x3
    High Cable crossovers •••
    20.5x8x3

FourOneDeuxFitt and Btcowboy like this.
  18. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

Did a quick abs and Cardio day this morning. Weight 188.lbs.

Abs:

Cable crunch •••
    100x10x3
    Weighted sit up •••
    30x15x3
    Leg lifts •••
    3x12
    Side to side •••
    30x25x3
    Oblique sit up •••
    3x16

1.5 mile walk incline 8 degree •

19. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

Favorite day of the week, Shoulders and Traps! Always do extra on this day, don't know why just love too. Always a good session. Weight this morning 187.2lbs. Down a little from yesterday but fluctuations to be expected.

Shoulders & Traps:

OH Barbell press •••
    125x6x3 last set 125x4
    Barbell upright row •••
    110x7x3 (+1 reps)
    Bentover barbell row •••
    140x8x3 (+5lbs)
    Barbell shrug •••
    240x10x3 (+2 reps)
    Dumbell shoulder press •••
    55x7x3 (+5lbs)
    Dumbell side raise (elbows bent) •••
    30x8x3 (+5lbs)
    Front plate raise + front press •••
    45x8x3
    Dumbell side lateral raises •••
    20x8x3
    Dumbbell shrug •••
    75x20x3 (+4 reps)
    Face pull •••
    67.5x10x3 (+5lbs)
    Standing Y pull •••
    67.5x10x3 (+5lbs)

20. Sworder

Sworder Member

I love dumbbell shrugs. Even just holding the dumbbells can be killer if you relax your arms and let the weight rest on your traps.

Sometimes after my set I will hold on to those angry suckers until my traps are about to tear. Well, feels like they are about to tear. It is weakness leaving my body :p