New Fake Genotropin how to spot

Blitz33

Hello guys, as you can understand from the title, I will try to give information about fake genotropin, but this fake genotropin is not like the old fakes, this is newly produced and it is very difficult for the end user to understand that it is fake.
There is no sticker on the dosage adjustment mechanism as before, looks like how it should, there are only very small details, I will try to give you some information that you can understand.
There are places where it is sold abnormally cheaply in the market, if you bought genotropin from Turkey or Bulgaria for less than 100$, you definitely bought a fake product.
Anyway, please compare the photos with the product in your hand and check whether you are buying a fake product or not, I tried to take the photos as clearly as possible.
I made a comparison with 3 pens, the fake one is dated 2025, I put the original 2025 dated and 2026 dated side by side to avoid any mistake.

The first place to look is the batch number and expiry date, but keep in mind that these numbers can change at any time. ( GR9112- 05/2025 FAKE)

Attachments

• genotropin-12-sign.jpg
    genotropin-12-sign.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 26
  • exp-date-geno.jpg
    exp-date-geno.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 27
  • fake-geno-braille.jpg
    fake-geno-braille.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 28
  • gake-genotropin-batchandexp-date.jpg
    gake-genotropin-batchandexp-date.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • genotropin-code.jpg
    genotropin-code.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 25
  • genotropin-fake-dial.jpg
    genotropin-fake-dial.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 25
  • genotropin-fake-dot-difference.jpg
    genotropin-fake-dot-difference.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 22
There are also saizen 12mg fakes on the market and it is very difficult to distinguish from the original, I will update here when I receive a fake product, stay tuned.

Last edited:
I'm surprised and a little embarrassed that nobody has thanked you for your contribution here. Thanks for taking the time to try and help our Community out.

I have to admit that Genos and what to look for isn't anything i can help with. I hope and ask that if anyone else can confirm that what Blitz has shared with us is indeed accurate, please post up.

I'm not doubting you here Blitz. It's just that, again, I can'y co-sign the info you've dropped here for us and if we had some members who are "in the know" like yourself we all could feel that the info is 100%.

Thanks again, Blitz. The more info we have the less chance there is that guys will get taken.

Great post man. Last fakes were easy to spot, but this one is very very well done. The only thing that will always be a limiting factor is the QR code to the official turkish pharmacy app. I tried to scan the QR code on the fake box and the camera didn't even pick it up as a code.

Great post. Very informative, good info.

It's both sad and impressive how far people will go to try to scam people, such as the case with the fake genotopins.

How do the fake genotropins smell compare to the originals? I had my hands on some real genotropin pens in 2016, and the thing about them that i remember above all else was the very distinct smell they had to them. Almost like an over-ly sterile, hospital smelling product (I know I'm not describing it well, but that's just what I recall the most about them)

Great post. Very informative, good info.

It's both sad and impressive how far people will go to try to scam people, such as the case with the fake genotopins.

How do the fake genotropins smell compare to the originals? I had my hands on some real genotropin pens in 2016, and the thing about them that i remember above all else was the very distinct smell they had to them. Almost like an over-ly sterile, hospital smelling product (I know I'm not describing it well, but that's just what I recall the most about them)
Smells like insulin does. Strong almost band-aid like smell from the phenols used as preservatives.

Smells like insulin does. Strong almost band-aid like smell from the phenols used as preservatives.
Yeah the smell is very unique

Sounds like going with tested generic GH might be better than trying to get a cheap bargain on potentially fake pharma, if there's a lot of fake pharma floating around now

Yeah the smell is very unique

Sounds like going with tested generic GH might be better than trying to get a cheap bargain on potentially fake pharma, if there's a lot of fake pharma floating around now
Yep, Humatrope and Saizen both have the same smell as well.

Another detail I discovered, I weighed couple of original pens and fake ones. Only pens with plastic wrap.

Original pen: 50-50.1gr
Fake pen: 47.3gr

I know I m looking lunatic with these topic, because signs for fake is not very obvious.(only very obvious for naked eye)
In Turkey and Bulgaria they selling like crazy even in the pharmacies without knowing.