New to Meso, new to TRT

I figured I would introduce myself properly before I just jump in posting noob questions and comments.

I’m 40 and on methadone 60mg once a day. Been on it for 4 years now. I had tapered down to 12mg and then for several reasons found myself going back up on my dose. The side effects are worse the higher the dose as you might expect. I’m currently and slowly working on tapering back down. For me the depression and the lack of motivation and energy is really debilitating. I don’t want to go anywhere or do anything ever. I don’t enjoy the things I used to enjoy anymore either. Yadda yada.

I finally stumbled on the methadone subreddit and saw guys mentioning the exact same things that I’ve been going through and learned what methadone does to the HPTA and ultimately testosterone production. None of these things were mentioned when I signed up for methadone. The only thing I was told was that some people get a big sweet tooth. That’s it. A fucking sweet tooth.

I don’t have health insurance but finally found a way to get help and finally I got tested for low T. Had to go 3 times in the morning. My numbers were 46,47,59 ng/dl. I knew it was low. I had no idea it was that low but it made sense the more I learned the more I realized how many of my problems stemmed from having low T.

So it’s been just over 2 months on TRT and I feel worse than when I started. I get a 200mg test c IM injection once every 2 weeks. No HCG. I had a follow up 10 days ago and asked to up the injection’s frequency to once a week but 10 days later I haven’t heard anything. My blood was taken to check my total testosterone for the first time since starting TRT. So I’m waiting to hear back about several things. I have even less energy now which I didn’t think was possible and put on 10 pounds since starting TRT.

Also I should mention I was NOT prescribed HCG. I’m being seen by a charity sponsored medical clinic and when I asked about HCG I was basically politely told to accept our treatment or see an endocrinologist. Out of pocket. I’ve sourced the HCG myself and its eta is today or tomorrow. Apparently there’s a nationwide shortage?

Anyway, I’m here to learn more. A lot more. I’ve already made an order for some test and HCG from a reputable source here.

I’ve become something of my own endocrinologist out of necessity but really I’m fascinated by it all anyway. After my request for my doctor to do a full hormone panel (not just total test like they always want to do) was denied, my priority became finding on my own the best cheapest bloodwork option for my area. I know of a Quest nearby. I was told to check out Order Lab Tests Online - Full Panel Blood Tests - Private MD Labs but I’m not exactly sure what panel to go with. Any help there is appreciated. But I will be researching that today anyway and hopefully get one ordered today.

I didn’t mean to go on this long. Sorry about that.

Get off it. Killed my friends liver. He died before age 37. Methadone for 10 years gave him cirrhosis.He wasn't on other stuff and liver was fine before starting it. Dr.said it was the methadone.

I figured I would introduce myself properly before I just jump in posting noob questions and comments.

I’m 40 and on methadone 60mg once a day. Been on it for 4 years now. I had tapered down to 12mg and then for several reasons found myself going back up on my dose. The side effects are worse the higher the dose as you might expect. I’m currently and slowly working on tapering back down. For me the depression and the lack of motivation and energy is really debilitating. I don’t want to go anywhere or do anything ever. I don’t enjoy the things I used to enjoy anymore either. Yadda yada.

I finally stumbled on the methadone subreddit and saw guys mentioning the exact same things that I’ve been going through and learned what methadone does to the HPTA and ultimately testosterone production. None of these things were mentioned when I signed up for methadone. The only thing I was told was that some people get a big sweet tooth. That’s it. A fucking sweet tooth.

I don’t have health insurance but finally found a way to get help and finally I got tested for low T. Had to go 3 times in the morning. My numbers were 46,47,59 ng/dl. I knew it was low. I had no idea it was that low but it made sense the more I learned the more I realized how many of my problems stemmed from having low T.

So it’s been just over 2 months on TRT and I feel worse than when I started. I get a 200mg test c IM injection once every 2 weeks. No HCG. I had a follow up 10 days ago and asked to up the injection’s frequency to once a week but 10 days later I haven’t heard anything. My blood was taken to check my total testosterone for the first time since starting TRT. So I’m waiting to hear back about several things. I have even less energy now which I didn’t think was possible and put on 10 pounds since starting TRT.

Also I should mention I was NOT prescribed HCG. I’m being seen by a charity sponsored medical clinic and when I asked about HCG I was basically politely told to accept our treatment or see an endocrinologist. Out of pocket. I’ve sourced the HCG myself and its eta is today or tomorrow. Apparently there’s a nationwide shortage?

Anyway, I’m here to learn more. A lot more. I’ve already made an order for some test and HCG from a reputable source here.

I’ve become something of my own endocrinologist out of necessity but really I’m fascinated by it all anyway. After my request for my doctor to do a full hormone panel (not just total test like they always want to do) was denied, my priority became finding on my own the best cheapest bloodwork option for my area. I know of a Quest nearby. I was told to check out Order Lab Tests Online - Full Panel Blood Tests - Private MD Labs but I’m not exactly sure what panel to go with. Any help there is appreciated. But I will be researching that today anyway and hopefully get one ordered today.

Just seach hormone panel on privatendlabs....Cheapest one is fine. About $70 with coupon code.

Get off it. Killed my friends liver. He died before age 37. Methadone for 10 years gave him cirrhosis.He wasn't on other stuff and liver was fine before starting it. Dr.said it was the methadone.
It’s already done enough damage to me. Jesus Christ. I’m definitely working on getting off it. I will get my liver checked asap.
Just seach hormone panel on privatendlabs....Cheapest one is fine. About $70 with coupon code.
Thanks

Thanks again. Yeah it’s all about that search string. I couldn’t find the cheaper ones just poking around for some reason lol

I think I will get the female one since it uses LC/MS/MS not ImunoAssay since my T will surely still be very low. The other difference is it has BUN/Creatinine ration whatever that is I will look at that later. Ordering that now.

Hello and welcome to the forum, thanks for such a detailed post. I wish you to solve all your problems and achieve all your goals!

Welcome. I think you should listen to deezznutts. He seems to have a good knowledge about your problem. I know of at least 4 other guys here coming from the same background as yourself. I wondered what your plan was with hcg. It is used post cycle to restart your own horemone production total waste during cycle or on trt. Your body even on trt is shutting down because of too much testosterone so hcg wont work if you have too much test.
Yes i agree that once a fortnight trt shots arent great. Twice a week is better for maintaining even levels just make sure you reduce the amount. 200mg twice a week is a cycle not trt so just keep it low and even.
Post (a little shorter) in general about yourself and ask if anyone has been down this road. I know 4 guys here who kicked the meth. They are here. You arent alone.
Welcome

A 200mg shot every 2 weeks can't be doing any good for how your feeling imo, your T and e2 levels will be all over the place with a large gap like that between shots, if possible I'd try to split that dose into 4x shots over the 2 weeks ie 1 50mg shot every 3.5days.

Wishing you the best bud

Welcome. I think you should listen to deezznutts. He seems to have a good knowledge about your problem. I know of at least 4 other guys here coming from the same background as yourself. I wondered what your plan was with hcg. It is used post cycle to restart your own horemone production total waste during cycle or on trt. Your body even on trt is shutting down because of too much testosterone so hcg wont work if you have too much test.
Yes i agree that once a fortnight trt shots arent great. Twice a week is better for maintaining even levels just make sure you reduce the amount. 200mg twice a week is a cycle not trt so just keep it low and even.
Post (a little shorter) in general about yourself and ask if anyone has been down this road. I know 4 guys here who kicked the meth. They are here. You arent alone.
Welcome
Thank you. I can’t wait to be done with methadone. That’s why I’m tapering down now. I want this more than anything at this point. I appreciate the advice.

Sorry if I didn’t make it clear but they have me on 200mg test c ONCE every 14 days. Not twice a week.

Yes i see. 100mg a week is better than 200 in 14 days. Sorry it isnt helping you. But dont ever give up. You know where to reach me any time. You are strong in your mind and you know what you want. I think you will make it. Keep looking forward.

Yes i see. 100mg a week is better than 200 in 14 days. Sorry it isnt helping you. But dont ever give up. You know where to reach me any time. You are strong in your mind and you know what you want. I think you will make it. Keep looking forward.
I think I will make it. I want it bad. If I don’t I don’t want to live I can’t live like this a shell of myself

That is the right spirit. Remember meso are here to help. You have over a dozen friends here you have never met. Maybe one with similar interests living in your city. Just dont share too much of your laundry in the open. Pm is private. So if you do read similar stories share in private. Read through intros. Look for guys you share similar interests. But i will always be here. Always.

I want this more than anything at this point.

If you want it that bad you will succeed.

I think I will make it. I want it bad. If I don’t I don’t want to live I can’t live like this a shell of myself

The use of words like "i think" and "if" are words of doubt that leave room for defeat. Talk in absolutes. We all talk to ourselves. Talk to yourself without doubt. Get it drilled into your head that this is the last attempt you will need to make because you're putting this behind you.

If you want it that bad you will succeed.

The use of words like "i think" and "if" are words of doubt that leave room for defeat. Talk in absolutes. We all talk to ourselves. Talk to yourself without doubt. Get it drilled into your head that this is the last attempt you will need to make because you're putting this behind you.
Ive been watching u msg. That is 24 hours of posting. Get some sleep. B4 u go and upset someone. Only asia and australia post at this hour. Im sus. Msg. My sigma gangland?
Yes good advice. Belief is the fuel that gets dreams off the ground.

Ive been watching u msg. That is 24 hours of posting. Get some sleep. B4 u go and upset someone. Only asia and australia post at this hour. Im sus. Msg. My sigma gangland?
Yes good advice. Belief is the fuel that gets dreams off the ground.

i still contend that i was spot on with that one.
Skanky Jayne and Updaddy are either the same person or they're a husband and wife team of a failed drop shipping business that sign on in the early AM hours, minutes apart from one another.

Maybe they have only one internet connected device and they pass it back and forth until the stress of their day at the wonton noodle factory finally takes it toll and they scurry off to bed.

You were so politically correct until the last sentence. But aces for trying. They dont know me i dont know them so im out of this one. Just between us im a little suss on cherok. . . And sigma. . .
They both never post anything new it is always old postings floating back to the top like a turd that refuses to flush.
But keep it between us. I dont want to start anything. You know me just here for the tit pics.

You were so politically correct until the last sentence. But aces for trying. They dont know me i dont know them so im out of this one. Just between us im a little suss on cherok. . . And sigma. . .
They both never post anything new it is always old postings floating back to the top like a turd that refuses to flush.
But keep it between us. I dont want to start anything. You know me just here for the tit pics.
You 2 just cant help yourselves, l told you both already IT IS A TIE!

Yeah, i do that. Being politically correct is for sheep. Cherokee was a troll. Keyword was. He pushed Dingdong pretty hard, but i think he only did it because he knew he'd get attention out of it.