Options for bottle top filtering without polystyrene housings

• Thread starter Deleted member 127229
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 127229

So after extensive research I learned most (currently available) bottle top filters have polystyrene housings. That BA dissolves and it gets into your brew and makes it cloudy. Polypropylene seems to be the only “plastic” bottle top filter material that is truly compatible with BA and won’t leech. Unfortunately I can not find a source for Polypropylene bottle top filters in nylon, PTFE, or PVDF that are sterile.

So my question is, What is everyone using then? I can’t do syringe filtering anymore, I don’t like the cawk gun method either. I tried an electric cawk gun and it quickly blew out my filter.

I was looking at porcelain Büchner funnel kits but it appears difficult to source those 70mm filters in .22 in either PTFE or PVDF. So what the fuck is everyone using then lol. I can’t be the only one having this problem

I've seen those threads too. Some experienced brewers chimed in and supported the claims. However I don't understand why everyone's gear isn't cloudy then, or mine. Maybe because BA volume is so low that you'd have to be unlucky to have any plastic dissolve? Would love an answer to this.

I've seen those threads too. Some experienced brewers chimed in and supported the claims. However I don't understand why everyone's gear isn't cloudy then, or mine. Maybe because BA volume is so low that you'd have to be unlucky to have any plastic dissolve? Would love an answer to this.
What kind of filters do you use?