Other shit than the compound

dealss

Jano says for efficiency/cost to only test for the compound. Has anyone done any other analytical testing to see how much variance there is in things like peptides? Everyone says most are lyo with mannitol, but do we know what the top 3 ingredients are? Anyone ever look into more complex testing or a/b brand comparison of two products?

I was also curious about that.

But on his website it says you’d have to order the GCMS $170 dollar test to see that.

If I was concerned about what else was in my oils and was on a budget I’d just do the GCMS $170 and skip the aas screening because the gmcs test will give you all the compounds that are in the oils from the nist library they use.

So it would actually be more bang for your buck for an extra 50$ dollars and you’d get a whole list of everything that was in the sample including which aas compound…… I think?

Not 100 percent sure. Still learning about the whole testing procedures.

Mr @janoshik

If this guy was to send you a blind sample of AAS oil and opted for the GCMS screening only (170$)

Would that show :

AAS Compound and %
Bb and ba %
Carrier oil %
% of puppy tears from the Chinese factories

Is that how the GCMS testing works? Or does gcms just give you a list of compounds and no % make up

Correct! IIRC only epistane breaks down, but can be identified nevertheless.
Let me reword my question so I can see if I am understanding this correctly or not.

Instead of me paying 120$ for hplc screening which tells me the steroid only, I can pay an extra $50 dollars for the GCMS screening which will list include a whole list of everything in my sample including the steroid compounds besides Epitane

Does it list mg/ml per compound, What am I missing here. Why is this not the most popular test done then.

Edit : also. mr @janoshik in all your rears doing this have you ever came across a steroid sample with hemp seed oil as the carrier ?

Last edited:
But not the quantity.

We don't test carrier oil type.

Cheers
I’m quite interested in the testing stuff so I was doing some research and found online

“A GCMS report identifies all the different constituents within a specified essential oil, and also tells us how much of each constituent is present (as a percentage). This information allows us to make inferences about the essential oil's purity, quality, safety, and potential uses”

So it doesn’t tell us the quantity. But it will tell us the percent that we can figure out with a formula?

Or is your GCMS test different than this one ?

Attachments

• IMG_6459.png
    IMG_6459.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
I’m quite interested in the testing stuff so I was doing some research and found online

“A GCMS report identifies all the different constituents within a specified essential oil, and also tells us how much of each constituent is present (as a percentage). This information allows us to make inferences about the essential oil's purity, quality, safety, and potential uses”

So it doesn’t tell us the quantity. But it will tell us the percent that we can figure out with a formula?

Or is your GCMS test different than this one ?
Identifies all the different constituents within a specified essential oil is not the same statement as "identifies the essential oil."

"tells us how much of each constituent is present (as a percentage)" is not an entirely correct statement and you can't figure out the quantities from % on a GCMS chromatograph.

What you have posted is not a GCMS, but HPLC/UV.

Cheers

Identifies all the different constituents within a specified essential oil is not the same statement as "identifies the essential oil."

"tells us how much of each constituent is present (as a percentage)" is not an entirely correct statement and you can't figure out the quantities from % on a GCMS chromatograph.

What you have posted is not a GCMS, but HPLC/UV.

Cheers
So in other words GCMS is useless for finding out if your vial is properly dosed or not

What’s the number one reason you’d suggest someone to do the gcms test, what would be the most beneficial part for opting for that test?
ID of a complete unknown soluble in non-polar solvent.

ID of a rare steroid... Random qualitative screening...