Periodization for Bodybuilding (Article) from Ampouletude.com: Home of Type-IIx

Type-IIx

Hey all,

I have written an article about the rational planning of training (training planning; programming) for bodybuilding, titled Periodization for Bodybuilding.

The article is available from my newly launched site at Ampouletude: Articles: Periodization for Bodybuilding (www)

It is from this site that my forthcoming book, Bolus: A Practical and Reference Guide for the Use of Recombinant hGH and GH Secretagogues will be sold. Feel free to peruse the site at your leisure.

60 views??? C'mon mannnn, when I want guys to see something they don't look. Meso loves my drug shit; doesn't give a fook about my training shit it seems.

This is important! Periodisation by planning of loads, rather than by forced time off from the gym due to injury, or worse, disease - totally foreseeable consequences of myopically focusing on the day's session and the week's total mg.

This article, albeit lofty, bridges the gap between training theory & practice, and describes the author's (i.e., my) views about how to best amalgamate the theory of training planning (periodisation; e.g., Matveyev, Tschiene, Issurin, Arosiev and Kalinin) with the practice of programming (decriptions of exercises, loads, sets, volume, rest intervals, & their order, etc.)

60 views??? C'mon mannnn, when I want guys to see something they don't look. Meso loves my drug shit; doesn't give a fook about my training shit it seems.

This is important! Periodisation by planning of loads, rather than by forced time off from the gym due to injury, or worse, disease - totally foreseeable consequences of myopically focusing on the day's session and the week's total mg.

This article, albeit lofty, bridges the gap between training theory & practice, and describes the author's (i.e., my) views about how to best amalgamate the theory of training planning (periodisation; e.g., Matveyev, Tschiene, Issurin, Arosiev and Kalinin) with the practice of programming (decriptions of exercises, loads, sets, volume, rest intervals, & their order, etc.)
I empathize.

Loved this passage by the way:

Synergistic & Complementary combinations lead to dissociations from the logarithmic dose/response curve that describes muscle growth (Δ LBM) vs. AAS dose (168 h×fAUC (nmol×h/L): See [/I]

Most people never use the terms logarithmic and exponential properly. Love your stuff and when I first look at one of your articles this pops into my head:

Have you scored any of your pieces?

Now we will have to figure out how many hard science/engineering PhDs we have here at Meso. Does your site take donations? You deserve it.

Thanks for the article

I empathize.

Loved this passage by the way:

Synergistic & Complementary combinations lead to dissociations from the logarithmic dose/response curve that describes muscle growth (Δ LBM) vs. AAS dose (168 h×fAUC (nmol×h/L): See [/I]

Love your stuff and when I first look at one of your articles this pops into my head:

Have you scored any of your pieces?

Now we will have to figure out how many hard science/engineering PhDs we have here at Meso. Does your site take donations? You deserve it.

Thanks for the article
Oh, no donations. If you like my work, buy it; and if you decide to just peruse of my freely available stuff, do that too, fine by me! I haven't scored anything using those tests, but have actually heard of this readability test, or testing.

Oh, no donations. If you like my work, buy it; and if you decide to just peruse of my freely available stuff, do that too, fine by me! I haven't scored anything using those tests, but have actually heard of this readability test, or testing.
Added this in on a later edit but to emphasize....

Most people never use the terms logarithmic and exponential properly. Bless you. Noble use of units and formatting as well.

Understood. I will look for the purchase options.

It's 2023 who cares about training. I'm dyel currently, I wanna be jacked the next week to impress all my friends at the party! You're just a jealous old man past his prime - said some 16-20 year old guy.

But srs, I think people find your stuff fascinating about drugs & peds & steroids. That they sometimes forget that you @Type-IIx are not only a chemist, but also you do research about diet and training too.

Hey all,

I have written an article about the rational planning of training (training planning; programming) for bodybuilding, titled Periodization for Bodybuilding.

The article is available from my newly launched site at Ampouletude: Articles: Periodization for Bodybuilding (www)

It is from this site that my forthcoming book, Bolus: A Practical and Reference Guide for the Use of Recombinant hGH and GH Secretagogues will be sold. Feel free to peruse the site at your leisure.
Is there an antipodes release date of the book?

Is there an antipodes release date of the book?
I wish I could give you that, but it's my main project for 2024, so probably early 2024. Better late than never! It's coming soon, of that I assure you.

I've basically sorted the logistics and distribution with the site, so the hard part is done.

I don't bodybuild. If you ever write anything about sports performance, athletic training, strength to weight ratio, maximizing very specific hypertrophy over short/medium stints, etc. I'm all over it. Probably a much smaller audience for that here though.

I don't bodybuild. If you ever write anything about sports performance, athletic training, strength to weight ratio, maximizing very specific hypertrophy over short/medium stints, etc. I'm all over it. Probably a much smaller audience for that here though.
This is the real answer. We all share one commonality here; Performance/Physique Enhancing Drugs.

To everyone, performance and goals are different. I do calistenics, I’m not trying to build as much muscle as I possibly can. In fact, I have almost too much muscle if anything.

Some guys are endurance athletes, runners, cyclists, etc.

This is the real answer. We all share one commonality here; Performance/Physique Enhancing Drugs.

To everyone, performance and goals are different. I do calistenics, I’m not trying to build as much muscle as I possibly can. In fact, I have almost too much muscle if anything.

Some guys are endurance athletes, runners, cyclists, etc.
I agree, this stigma is that everyone should be massive and bodybuilder to use steroids is just too old. Using steroids to look good and getting performance advantages over natural is fine. Actors been using steroids since 1980's and some of them managed to look great. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree, this stigma is that everyone should be massive and bodybuilder to use steroids is just too old. Using steroids to look good and getting performance advantages over natural is fine. Actors been using steroids since 1980's and some of them managed to look great. Nothing wrong with that.
I agree. Still, bodybuilders make up the majority of users on this forum and the other AAS boards.

There used to be forums for strength athletes of different disciplines like strongman, etc. But when those forums disappeared; so too did the majority of the user base, apparently.

I agree. Still, bodybuilders make up the majority of users on this forum and the other AAS boards.

There used to be forums for strength athletes of different disciplines like strongman, etc. But when those forums disappeared; so too did the majority of the user base, apparently.
I still read it. It’s a really interesting approach.

I spent my first decade in the gym doing tradionitional bodybuilding. Pretty much just full on lean bulk the whole time. Typical split - Back Bis, Chest Tris, Legs, Shoulders. If I was still in that phase of hypetrophy I would try it out.

dunno why link seems not work on my computer, with chrome and edge. Also article section seems empty...have I to do something to be allowed to see them?

dunno why link seems not work on my computer, with chrome and edge. Also article section seems empty...have I to do something to be allowed to see them? Maybe Type-IIx took these down?
I'm having the same issue. The link is a blank page when I click it. If I go to the main site and click on 'Articles' the page is devoid of any articles. Maybe he took them down.

dunno why link seems not work on my computer, with chrome and edge. Also article section seems empty...have I to do something to be allowed to see them?
I'm having the same issue. The link is a blank page when I click it. If I go to the main site and click on 'Articles' the page is devoid of any articles. Maybe he took them down.
Sorry about this, the site has been moved to new hosting & the web developer is resolving this matter. I'll provide an update for accessing the article soon.

From what I've witnessed Personally most bodybuilder don't know how to or know why they should periodize their training, neither did I either when I used bodybuilding style training, but a whole knew world opened up to me when I began studying westside barbell, wendler 531 and elitefts amongst others, all of which are primarily strength based programmes mixed with hypertrophy based training, it was then I really gained an education in training and an understanding of the big picture whick led to massive gains in strength and hypertrophy.

The article should be working now, sorry about that.