Poor sleep from TRT, titrating up and now Masteron E

Malevolent666

A year ago when I started TRT I slept poorly once I started. Eventually though with Melatonin every night for weeks my body would get back into a good sleep routine.

I never needed an AI from the beginning of TRT, to now half a gram of test. No symptoms whatsoever (no breast issues). E2 a little above range but only once my total and free T surpassed the range.

I started to titrate up and each time back to poor sleep. Again supplement with Melatonin and Gaba, for weeks, sleep would eventually get back on track.

Been on 500mg of test C for about 16 weeks now. Added in 400mg Masteron E for 4 weeks now. Once I added in the Mast, back to poor sleep. Still struggling with it 4 weeks into the Mast.

Poor sleep meaning, either fall asleep right away but wide awake in 4 hours or take 4 hours to fall asleep.

Is it rare for Test C and Mast to give a person a stimulant effect on the brain?

I'm the type I had to quit taking Clen for example because it made me a full on insomniac.

Someone did bring to my attention its possible the Mast is actually Test. IA Superpharma product and I haven't read good things about them on here. Bought the stuff before I read about the company on here

i wouldn't use Melatonin so often man.
you missed the main point, showing your bloodwork. Are you on other medication beside trt?
I'm way passed TRT. I've been on 500mg of test for 4 months now. Bloods are good. Lipids are outstanding. Yes I do need to run another panel since starting the Masteron 4 weeks ago though.

the initial title and comment you started with was in regards to trt. 4 months on test and now on mast, the cycle is coming to a close soon? once you get back on trt and wait a bit you can reassess. What's your usual trt dose?

the initial title and comment you started with was in regards to trt. 4 months on test and now on mast, the cycle is coming to a close soon? once you get back on trt and wait a bit you can reassess. What's your usual trt dose?
I just used that as a reference. Meaning even on 200mg of TRT dose I had sleep issues. Same exact issues as 500mg of test. So the dosing wasn't the issue. Erogenous Test period being the issue.

But eventually my body would get used to the Test and I'd sleep normal again but it would take weeks to get to that.

Now currently Mast is the issue since adding that in. 4 weeks now and still waiting to get used to it like I did the bump up in Test.

Don't you think an extended release stimulant may be causing these problems ?
That could be. I've on that med for years now. Even prior to TRT for depression. Whenever I've accidentally missed a day of it, brain fog like a MF. I can definitely notice a difference.

But with the Test my body would get used to it weeks into it and I'd sleep normal.

I'm going to ride out the Mast (4 more weeks) and then go back to Test solo at 500mg a week. I know that's blasphemy but bloods are always good and I feel great on 500mg a week as opposed to 200mg a week. I'm not a hyper responder to Test as far as blood work is concerned.

What are you trying to do with that 500mg test? Are you on your "blast"? Do you push workouts and food in order to add muscle mass? Are you pushing for a deficit? You're already 4 months in 500mg, this is a cycle and not TRT. For how long are you planning to stay on 500mg test? Because eventually the downsides will start knocking at your door (if the sleep issues haven't already been exacerbated by the high amount of androgens).

Meaning even on 200mg of TRT dose
Because for many (almost all) it's not a trt dose, it's a cruise and before you or anyone else jumps in to tell us how you only get 800ng/dl on your trough first of all make sure to inject more frequently than once per week. Therefore lies your issues come off or do a true trt 100-150mg/week and deal with psychological issues first before playing with steroids. That's all I gotta say.

Last edited:
What are you trying to do with that 500mg test? Are you on your "blast"? Do you push workouts and food in order to add muscle mass? Are you pushing for a deficit? You're already 4 months in 500mg, this is a cycle and not TRT. For how long are you planning to stay on 500mg test? Because eventually the downsides will start knocking at your door (if the sleep issues haven't already been exacerbated by the high amount of androgens).
There are pros who cruise on 1500 mg of test. It's actually quite common. That's 3 times what I cruise on.

The guy can laugh at it but it's a fact. I know a guy in those circles who told me the extremely conservative pros will cruise on 200-400mg of test. 1500 is not rare for those guys.

The guy I know in those circles sleeps like a bear on anything so he didn't have much advice for me on supps for sleep.

Last edited:
It's not fun man. Battle with depression now because of it. Losing sleep doesn't help that cause.
I said i'd start a tally about primo/masteron side effects. you are number 3 in like 2 days

stop messing with gaba, take more melatonin, its ok to take more because its an antioxidant, stop taking masteron

yes, androgens increase CNS and brain activity, just like low test makes someone feel mentally foggy and tired, high androgens make someone alert and on edge, atleast at first, stimulating dopamine and other chemicals in the brain

are you cutting? That makes it harder for me to sleep/stay asleep

regardless, what you are experiencing is totally normal, even MegaMindMike talks about how much hes affected by seemingly mild androgens, I think Bleu taylor said something similar

going back to masteron, you alude to not aromatizing alot, maybe the masteron is giving you low e2 sides affecting your sleep and mental state.

Days without Masteron/Primo problem posts: 0

theres a lot to unpack here. we dont see your bloods, we dont know your body stats, diet, etc. you take a powerful anti depressant. not a good mix for high dosed AAS. you should consider hiring a well regarded coach for a while to help figure out your issues.

I said i'd start a tally about primo/masteron side effects. you are number 3 in like 2 days

stop messing with gaba, take more melatonin, its ok to take more because its an antioxidant, stop taking masteron

yes, androgens increase CNS and brain activity, just like low test makes someone feel mentally foggy and tired, high androgens make someone alert and on edge, atleast at first, stimulating dopamine and other chemicals in the brain

are you cutting? That makes it harder for me to sleep/stay asleep

regardless, what you are experiencing is totally normal, even MegaMindMike talks about how much hes affected by seemingly mild androgens, I think Bleu taylor said something similar

going back to masteron, you alude to not aromatizing alot, maybe the masteron is giving you low e2 sides affecting your sleep and mental state.

Days without Masteron/Primo problem posts: 0
Yes I'm cutting. Cardio is way up. Although I'm barely in a deficit. Libido is average at best since starting Mast. On test solo my libido is insanely high.

Yes I'm cutting. Cardio is way up. Although I'm barely in a deficit. Libido is average at best since starting Mast. On test solo my libido is insanely high.
drop the mast now and eat a bunch of carbs before bed for a few days, treat it like a refeed. how much melatonin do you take at night?

with the masteron, you're just taking extra androgens for no reason, and i don't mean for "no reason" like youre not allowed to run it, im saying that masteron doesn't even build muscle and you aren't employing it for a purpose other than because you can. People can get away with running masteron, but i think most of the people who like it are high aromatisers that cant dial in their estrogen anyway so adding in masteron is better than nothing..

, assuming you have bloodwork showing your e2 isnt high on 500mg testosterone, you are not one of those people and my theory is that masteron raises the "threshold" of low e2 side effects.