Post rHGH depression

Lodvig

I have a pretty weird story. Maybe someone knows what is going on.

I know that even rHGH affects the HPTA axis, but it shouldn't be like this.

I was on a generic rHGH for more than 6 months that I bought from the famous Cat from this forum. I worked my way up from just 1 IU in the first month to 2-4 IU per day before workouts. I have not used any other PEDs (except Cardarine, also from the Cat on this forum and some peptide few years ago that felt good at that time).

The first 2 months were good; I even felt slightly stronger and noticed I could recover faster. But after that, nothing. During the last 2 months, I felt much weaker than ever before. Finally, I stopped (because I thought maybe the bottles were expiring or something).

But right after I stopped (I've been off for 2 months now), it went downhill. I have never felt so depressed in my life. I thought my testosterone had tanked and maybe I got something else in those bottles (the source was trusted, though). I checked LH and testosterone, and they seem okay. They are lower than they used to be (500 ng/dL) but not tanked close to zero or anything. This week, the T should be higher because I have daily boners when waking up (so it must be around 600 ng/dL or so). But the depression never went away.

What could it be? Is it just a coincidence? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I took 2 weeks off from the gym, thinking it was overtraining because my strength had drastically decreased and every training session felt bad. I had zero motivation. But the break did not help.

Last edited:
How long until you felt normal again?
After a month it went back to normal. Did you hop off at 4iu or titrate down? I just stopped cold turkey at 4iu and think that might have made it worse. I find hgh helps my ptsd symptoms so maybe it’s just a relapse of those symptoms when I hop off?

I have a pretty weird story. Maybe someone knows what is going on.

I know that even rHGH affects the HPTA axis, but it shouldn't be like this.

I was on a generic rHGH for more than 6 months that I bought from the famous Cat from this forum. I worked my way up from just 1 IU in the first month to 2-4 IU per day before workouts. I have not used any other PEDs (except Cardarine, also from the Cat on this forum and some peptide few years ago that felt good at that time).

The first 2 months were good; I even felt slightly stronger and noticed I could recover faster. But after that, nothing. During the last 2 months, I felt much weaker than ever before. Finally, I stopped (because I thought maybe the bottles were expiring or something).

But right after I stopped (I've been off for 2 months now), it went downhill. I have never felt so depressed in my life. I thought my testosterone had tanked and maybe I got something else in those bottles (the source was trusted, though). I checked LH and testosterone, and they seem okay. They are lower than they used to be (500 ng/dL) but not tanked close to zero or anything. This week, the T should be higher because I have daily boners when waking up (so it must be around 600 ng/dL or so). But the depression never went away.

What could it be? Is it just a coincidence? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I took 2 weeks off from the gym, thinking it was overtraining because my strength had drastically decreased and every training session felt bad. I had zero motivation. But the break did not help.

Easy, rHGH lowers T4 production ;)

After a month it went back to normal. Did you hop off at 4iu or titrate down? I just stopped cold turkey at 4iu and think that might have made it worse. I find hgh helps my ptsd symptoms so maybe it’s just a relapse of those symptoms when I hop off?
I did titrate to 2 IU and then stopped.

Low T4 would make sense I also have a low heart rate. I will go to the lab tomorrow to test for TSH and free T4.

Is there any natural remedies to try? Iodine? Or just time?

Endogenous gh is suppressed and takes time to recover. How long? Not sure.

That's probably why you feel like crap though. Should get igf1 tested if you do bloodwork again

Found my old Octodrine stack. As it raises neurotransmitters, it slightly elevated my mood today. Still feel weak, though.

It is really interesting about T4, but it makes sense. I am surprised it is rarely talked about. I have a theory that it is because it is not so often run solo (rHGH). If I were to run this with testosterone or some of its derivatives, this feeling would be attributed to low T, not T4. But from symptoms alone, it seems that this is low T4. Thanks @Goingstronger for your input.

I will go for lab tests when I am clear from stimulants.