Questions on cycle and off

Shakenbake

Hello,
So I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon with 400 wk of test c and then add anavar the last 7 wks at 50mg. I went and had all my blood work done and everything is good except that my normal testosterone level is 302 which seems on the low side. My question is should I be steadily on test at all times? After cycle should I continue test at a lower like 200-250wk since my testosterone normal level is quit low? And if I do that do I still need to take pct after my heavier cycle for 12 weeks if I’m going to always need to take test since I’m low? I’m confused by this and could please use advise thanks

If you think you have low test you need to properly chase that rabbit first.

Post your labs and when you had them done.

If you think you have low test you need to properly chase that rabbit first.

Post your labs and when you had them done.
Got ya, I’m waiting for my Dr response with my test results to see what he has to say about my testosterone levels but I still want to run a cycle and just wanted to know how to go about that if I have to be on trt

Got ya, I’m waiting for my Dr response with my test results to see what he has to say about my testosterone levels but I still want to run a cycle and just wanted to know how to go about that if I have to be on trt

If you run a cycle and you need TRT after the cycle you’d either decide yourself to wait a short amount of time and then start a TRT dose or immediately start a TRT dose.

At that point you’re just guessing on the starting dose. 100-125mg/wk would probably be a good starting point. Wait 6-8 weeks then go get labs.

Use labs and feelz to decide what, if any changes need to be made.

How old are you?

Also, post your labs..

If you run a cycle and you need TRT after the cycle you’d either decide yourself to wait a short amount of time and then start a TRT dose or immediately start a TRT dose.

At that point you’re just guessing on the starting dose. 100-125mg/wk would probably be a good starting point. Wait 6-8 weeks then go get labs.

Use labs and feelz to decide what, if any changes need to be made.

How old are you?

Also, post your labs..
Not sure if I feel to comfortable posting my lab results on here or not or I would just puts me at an unease for some reason but my lab came back saying testosterone level at 302. I did reach out to my Dr cause I just received the results via email and waiting to see what he has to say about it first before I decide to start my cycle.

Not sure if I feel to comfortable posting my lab results on here or not or I would just puts me at an unease for some reason but my lab came back saying testosterone level at 302. I did reach out to my Dr cause I just received the results via email and waiting to see what he has to say about it first before I decide to start my cycle.

Blank out your name and doctors name. Absolutely no harm in posting labs. We literally have a whole forum section devoted to nothing but lab work.

Nobody who has 2 brain cells is gonna tell you to hop on TRT with “ my test was 302”.
You’ve got to provide more information than that.

Time of test
Lifestyle
Diet and exercise
Labs
Etc..

Blank out your name and doctors name. Absolutely no harm in posting labs. We literally have a whole forum section devoted to nothing but lab work.

Nobody who has 2 brain cells is gonna tell you to hop on TRT with “ my test was 302”.
You’ve got to provide more information than that.

Time of test
Lifestyle
Diet and exercise
Labs
Etc..

Attachments

• IMG_2523.jpeg
    IMG_2523.jpeg
    450.7 KB · Views: 10
Those are my test results at 43
I definitely plan on doing a cycle I have always been it pretty good shape most my life and have always trained but after 40 has been very difficult to maintain keeping weight off. I still train 4-5 days a week but things felt like they have changed so went and got everything checked for my health est now considering that I may need help at this age now.

so was considering if I need trt and always need to stay on some testosterone cause of only being at 300 test level. I don’t want to do a cycle and then cycle off to drop back down to 300 cause being that low seems to be an issue keeping a healthy weight. So trying to figure out how to cycle right and not needing pct if I’m just going to stay on some sort of test

Not much for diet and lifestyle nor time of test.

Those are important if you want to try and see if there’s anything to “fix” and avoid TRT.

If you just wanna run test then all of this is pointless. Just do your cycle and after 10-14 weeks or what ever you wanted drop down to 100-125mg/wk and wait and see where that puts you.

I’m still a fan of getting dialed in on TRT FIRST, then blasting.

1. You have no idea how you’ll react to test. TRT will at least get your foot in the door and answer questions you don’t even know you have, because you haven’t started.

2. You’ll also see some pretty good gains just starting TRT, assuming you need them.

3. If give you a spot to come back too after your blast. Not just throwing a dart into the wind and spending weeks riding the rollercoaster of hormones you’ve never ridden before.

Not much for diet and lifestyle nor time of test.

Those are important if you want to try and see if there’s anything to “fix” and avoid TRT.

If you just wanna run test then all of this is pointless. Just do your cycle and after 10-14 weeks or what ever you wanted drop down to 100-125mg/wk and wait and see where that puts you.

I’m still a fan of getting dialed in on TRT FIRST, then blasting.

1. You have no idea how you’ll react to test. TRT will at least get your foot in the door and answer questions you don’t even know you have, because you haven’t started.

2. You’ll also see some pretty good gains just starting TRT, assuming you need them.

3. If give you a spot to come back too after your blast. Not just throwing a dart into the wind and spending weeks riding the rollercoaster of hormones you’ve never ridden before.
Alright well I guess I wait and talk with the dr first and see what he has to say about needing trt from the results or not and go from there. Thanks

drop back down to 300
Not a given you will fully recover after the cycle and proper PCT.

If you were being worked up for hypogonadism you are missing key blood tests....

LH, FSH, SHBG, E2 (estradiol).

Your baseline RBC/HCT is already up there so that may really rachet up if you abuse testosterone.

Fully endorse @Fattyone 's point. Why not walk before you run? Your TT/FT numbers (correct assays were run) are borderline. So slow and steady is the way to go as you test the waters of exogenous Test use.

Blood pressure, bodyfat, health conditions? All stuff to discuss with qualified TRT provider.

Not a given you will fully recover after the cycle and proper PCT.

If you were being worked up for hypogonadism you are missing key blood tests....

LH, FSH, SHBG, E2 (estradiol).

Your baseline RBC/HCT is already up there so that may really rachet up if you abuse testosterone.

Fully endorse @Fattyone 's point. Why not walk before you run? Your TT/FT numbers (correct assays were run) are borderline. So slow and steady is the way to go as you test the waters of exogenous Test use.

Blood pressure, bodyfat, health conditions? All stuff to discuss with qualified TRT provider.
Blood pressure is all good and went just went through my physical with my blood work and no real health issues concerns. But will talk to doc about trt and also like you said start slow and steady when deciding to do test

Blood pressure is all good and went just went through my physical with my blood work and no real health issues concerns. But will talk to doc about trt and also like you said start slow and steady when deciding to do test
Be careful what you wish for. My numbers were similar to yours years ago. I finally went down the TRT path which is slippery slope to ever increasing doses (TRT+++++++ BS) if you have body dysmorphia. Now I am a huge, ripped specimen that can't stop. Hard to urinate and work out too much. Is it worth it to you? Is this what you want? Mountains of striated muscle?

Seriously though a competent TRT doc will have you on a short leash with your starting RBC/Hct. May be worth ruling out even heterozygous hemochromatosis carrier if you start down this path. But good doc will test you at 6, 12, 24 weeks to see response.

Good luck.