Re-filter ugl with non sterile filter

TomGlass

Yes I know..search bar and I've used the fuck out of it but I cant find a definitive answer. When using a 60cc syringe to refilter ugl gear into new sealed sterile viles using a ptfe 33mm .2um syringe filter, do the filters theirselves have to be sterile, when any solution run through .2um is deemed sterile after filtration?

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much maybe not. can someone please add some input here. I would greatly appreciate.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09P8F2J39?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Yea I read his Bible write up that one dude posted but I read on other sites that .22um will filter microorganisms bacteria and viruses and sterilize the solution. What I don't get is if the solution is sterile after being run through a .22um then why does the filter itself need to be sterile

Iv been having a hard time finding filters that hit all thr tick marks I need. 33mm .22um ptfe luer lock and sterile. It seems like it's always missing one of those requirements.

Yea I read his Bible write up that one dude posted but I read on other sites that .22um will filter microorganisms bacteria and viruses and sterilize the solution. What I don't get is if the solution is sterile after being run through a .22um then why does the filter itself need to be sterile
With a sterile filter, the entire filter is sterile. when you start messing with it, inlet becomes non sterile but outlet is still sterile.

With a non sterile filter. the whole filter is non sterile including the outlet.

you may be pushing sterile fluid out, but it starts to touch the non sterile outlet so it loses sterility.

Would you live? yes, would it cause problems, not likely(Still possible)

Still not best practice. People have injected themselves with dumber shit.

Yes I know..search bar and I've used the fuck out of it but I cant find a definitive answer. When using a 60cc syringe to refilter ugl gear into new sealed sterile viles using a ptfe 33mm .2um syringe filter, do the filters theirselves have to be sterile, when any solution run through .2um is deemed sterile after filtration?

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much maybe not. can someone please add some input here. I would greatly appreciate.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09P8F2J39?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
Amazon….. I use BioMed…sterile .22 um, nylon. They are good, they have ptfe and pvdf. Or whichever the letters go.

That
Amazon….. I use BioMed…sterile .22 um, nylon. They are good, they have ptfe and pvdf. Or whichever the letters go.

Thanks. Also I've seen people say it need to be hydrophobic but iv also seen people say the used hydrophilic. I dunno but from what I gather hydrophobic is faster than hydrophilic, is that correct?

I take it nylon is only hydrophobic? So if its nylon I don't have to worry if its hydrophilic right, that might be a stupid question but I just want to make sure.
I use nylon for oils, ba, bb. Thats all i use it for and it is indeed compatible with these ingredients. There was a chart too that explained it all.

as i didnt need to look anymore into it, at one point in time i found all the info, you are figuring out now. I just cant remember the details you seek.

Hope you find the details your looking for, i am no help there.

I use nylon for oils, ba, bb. Thats all i use it for and it is indeed compatible with these ingredients. There was a chart too that explained it all.

as i didnt need to look anymore into it, at one point in time i found all the info, you are figuring out now. I just cant remember the details you seek.

Hope you find the details your looking for, i am no help there.
Right on thanks for your input.

I just found this so it may be of use to you in the future.

Syringe filters - a cool and easy reference

Do you reseal the sterile vial after pushing through the gear if you are not using it currently, like filtering a whole kit of testosterone at once? Or do you just leave the unsealed rubber exposed when storing it?

I guess that would entail pealing off the aluminum seal and crimping on a new one while trying not to let the original rubber stopper pop off during the resealing process. I was trying to find pre-sterilized vials with silicone stoppers rather than rubber, but I cannot find any. The pre-sterilized vials are $1 each at Mountain Medical web site that's the cheapest I found from a reputable source.

Also, what's the biggest gauge needle you would use on the filter output on a rubber stopper to not core it? Is 18 Guage too big, but 23 or 25 gauge OK? This is for oil based gear.

Back