Reduction of Benzyl Alcohol

edjohn88

I reached for the wrong bottle and put 10x the BA in my Primo E. I put it on a wax warmer to see if it will distill down or not. It seems to be working slowly. Anyone thing this will damage the Primo?

To clarify: i took 20g Primo and added 20mL BA (instead of 2mL). If the BA successfully evaporates down to approximately 18mL of volume I should end up with 20g Primo and 2mL BA no?

Your post is too incomplete to receive proper feedback. All you told us is 20g Primo and 20mL BA and everything else is unknown. First question would be what are the other variables ( Oil volume and any BB?)

I reached for the wrong bottle and put 10x the BA in my Primo E. I put it on a wax warmer to see if it will distill down or not. It seems to be working slowly. Anyone thing this will damage the Primo?

To clarify: i took 20g Primo and added 20mL BA (instead of 2mL). If the BA successfully evaporates down to approximately 18mL of volume I should end up with 20g Primo and 2mL BA no?
Yes. This reference may help you...

You'll have to beat on it if you want to speed up the evap rate and agitate as well. What temp are you running?

Also, please list out the desired recipe.

Your post is too incomplete to receive proper feedback. All you told us is 20g Primo and 20mL BA and everything else is unknown. First question would be what are the other variables ( Oil volume and any BB?)
I told you everything ;) meaning I realized the mistake immediately so that's all that's in it right now.

Yes. This reference may help you...

You'll have to beat on it if you want to speed up the evap rate and agitate as well. What temp are you running?

Also, please list out the desired recipe.
The warmer puts it around 160F though it might be climbing slightly. I am using a 200mg/mL Primo E mix:

20g Primo E
2mL BA
20mL BB
62mL MCT

I successfully brewed the rest of my raws I just want to save this mix I fucked up :p

Good idea, but like I said, I brewed the rest of my powder. Not sure it's worth ordering 6 times as much primo just to dilute this amount.

The math is hurting me... but you did say 100mg so maybe that's 3x the raws? Still 60g is not cheap.

UPDATE it looks like my level has dropped from 36mL to 25mL so maybe it's working.

Good idea, but like I said, I brewed the rest of my powder. Not sure it's worth ordering 6 times as much primo just to dilute this amount.

The math is hurting me... but you did say 100mg so maybe that's 3x the raws? Still 60g is not cheap.
You're in a pickle sorry to say. You're not gonna be evaporating that ba off on a candle warmer I don't think. Weigh it now then weigh it again in a day or two on the warmer see if it loses any mass

UPDATE it looks like my level has dropped from 36mL to 25mL so maybe it's working.
Yeah, up to 250 F should give you a little boost on vapor pressure without cranking on the primo too bad. Nice work. Keep it stirring to maximize surface area per unit volume.

Can you just snort it?

Chatgpt

The evaporation time for 1 ml of benzyl alcohol at 160°F (about 71°C) can vary based on factors like air circulation and the surface area exposed. Generally, it might take several minutes to an hour. To ensure complete evaporation, monitor the process closely and allow for adequate ventilation.

Back