Research Study

Barny

Hi guys, I hope you're all well? Researchers from the University of Birmingham are conducting a study looking at psychological factors accompanying the use of anabolic steroids within strength training communities. You may have seen this post before, the study received some awesome engagement (thank you), we are now recruiting participants for a confirmatory analysis for this study. If you are male/female, 18 years of age or more, have used anabolic steroids in the last 12-months, and are interested, please feel free to click the link to learn more and/or to take part.

Psychological Constructs Associated with the Use of AAS

This anonymous survey takes between 5 to 10 minutes to complete. There is a chance to win a £15 Amazon voucher if you wish to take part in a follow up survey. All data will be stored in accordance with GDPR regulations and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.

Some items may seem repetitive, this is intentional as we are trying to shorten some existing measures to ensure the most appropriate questions are being asked to those who use steroids. Data will be used to provide information to harm reduction services to help improve the services they offer to those who use anabolic steroids.

If you have any feedback or issues with the survey, please feel free to message me. Thank you.

Thanks I filled it out, but I feel it’s somewhat incomplete. Some of us feel more calm and relaxed on steroids. I didn’t really see many questions close enough to this. They seemed to be insinuating that it’s compulsive behavior. It’s not.