• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Robinhood for buying/transferring BTC.

DS352

Has anyone had any experiences (positive or negative) using Robinhood to buy and move BTC to an offline wallet? It seems like the lack of fees on purchases and transfers may make them a better option than Coinbase, but only for BTC and ETH.

Robinhood is actually decent.
I personally find Binance the best.
An old player that is similar to Robinhood is eToro. It might be worth checking.

Are you referring to a Robinhood where a company's poor customer service led to a customer making a su*cide? Yeah, no thanks.

Are you referring to a Robinhood where a company's poor customer service led to a customer making a su*cide? Yeah, no thanks.
I’m not aware of that situation, but I can see how investments/money management getting fucked up could push someone over the edge. Robinhood was never meant to be a safe place to invest more than you could lose… it’s a free trading platform for learning the market and taking some risks, I look at it as gambling since it’s pretty limited in what stocks you can trade.

I was able to buy BTC for free the other day and then pay $1.49 to send it to another wallet. That was a great deal compared to the fees on Coinbase.

I've been having a friend send BTC for me when I have to make a payment because I'm so lost when it comes to all this. Is it really that expensive to send BTC on coinbase?

I've been having a friend send BTC for me when I have to make a payment because I'm so lost when it comes to all this. Is it really that expensive to send BTC on coinbase?
I recommend downloading cashapp onto your phone, it’s super simple to purchase and send using it.

I’m not aware of that situation, but I can see how investments/money management getting fucked up could push someone over the edge. Robinhood was never meant to be a safe place to invest more than you could lose… it’s a free trading platform for learning the market and taking some risks, I look at it as gambling since it’s pretty limited in what stocks you can trade.

I was able to buy BTC for free the other day and then pay $1.49 to send it to another wallet. That was a great deal compared to the fees on Coinbase.
There was a guy yes, who lost I think more than $700k.
You can still google that and read about it.

I use Robinhood for both Crypto and stock trading . I've used my Robinhood crypto wallet to buy gear with Bitcoin with no problems. Took me a while to figure it out the first time. I opened the account specifically to purchase Bitcoin so I wouldn't have to use MoneyGram then found myself getting into the stocks. ETFs, and other crypto and have made a little money

Robinhood froze transactions during the Gamestop Squeeze bailing out the MAN. I haven't used them since.

Cheap BTC withdrawal fees are on the Kraken app @1.47.

Idk about every day transactions. Can't you just use a regular wallet for that?