• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

School me on anavar

Pierced

Would you run it with just test?
How hard is it on the hair and liver at lower doses.
Will it give me a harder look (less water retention)
What about cholesterol?
My good and bad are slightly high at the moment.

I had a weird urge to respond to this to the tune of fresh prince of Bel Air

Yes with just test

I'd say this is a relative answer...it is less harsh than anadrol but I don't have any specific comparison values for you

Harder look than dbol or anadrol would

I have heard it can be quite harsh on it but let's see what guys with blood work say

Are you currently doing things to fix your cholesterol? Fish oil, niacin, citrus Bergamot? Fiber?

I believe it's already a DHT.
Fair enough. Just going off what Bill Roberts says.

Anavar does not aromatize or convert to DHT, and has an 8 hour half-life. Thus, a moderate dose taken in the morning is largely out of the system by night, yet supplies reasonable levels of androgen during the day and early evening.

Basically the lowdown on anavar is that it gives a nice strength boost, builds a small amount of quality muscle and gives you pumps from hell.

It's good stuff in the right cycle. It's known to destroy your lipid values, though.

People talk about the pump on dbol, but I get just as much of a pump on anavar. Actually I’m scared on leg days when running var because I know the next morning will likely lead to a hamstring spasm... which is scary LOL

What Grrr said. I did 80mg a day last fall for the final six weeks of a cycle. Really like Var a lot, but my calves get crazy pumps and while I didn’t get any Charlie horses, every morning felt like they wanted to.

Completely trip fucked my lipids. Made my LDL shoot up and HDL plummeted. Six weeks after, they had come back nicely—which I foolishly used to talk me into running again this run. Promised myself I’ll only use it once a year after this go round just because how bad it drops my HDL.

What about dose timing? I have 10mg tabs. Do I take them all at once or space them out durring the day?
80mg is my sweet spot but the back/hamstring pumps are terrible for me at that dose. I like 40mg ed and usually take 1-2 hours pre workout.

Short half-life, believe around 8 hours, so many folks split the dosage up. I typically take 40mg in the morning and then another 40mg an hour or two before workout.

Short half-life, believe around 8 hours, so many folks split the dosage up. I typically take 40mg in the morning and then another 40mg an hour or two before workout.

Is 80 the norm? I thought the standard for Anavar was 50 a day? I assume I thought wrong? Or are you guys bumping up to a higher dose for more results?

Is 80 the norm? I thought the standard for Anavar was 50 a day? I assume I thought wrong? Or are you guys bumping up to a higher dose for more results?

50-60mg is pretty standard. Obviously bumping up the dose is going to be more effective, but IMO just use a stronger oral if you want better gains. High dose anavar defeats the entire point of using anavar.

If your goal is to get drunk, slamming back ten light beers is not an effective way to do it. You go right for the rum.

50-60mg is pretty standard. Obviously bumping up the dose is going to be more effective, but IMO just use a stronger oral if you want better gains. High dose anavar defeats the entire point of using anavar.

If your goal is to get drunk, slamming back ten light beers is not an effective way to do it. You go right for the rum.

Understood. Thanks.

The good
I do like Var for the fullness, muscle hardening and it makes my veins pop. I split dose, first thing in the AM, second dose before my after work training. Have taken it at 30mg to 100mg and didn't see much difference between various dosages.

The bad
Tanks my cholesterol, gives me back pumps from hell and I do think I shed hair on it. Although I do have MPB so Var just excellerates it.

I will continue to take it once to twice a year for 8-10 weeks.