Seizure FDA letter (charges)

I had a recent seizure for some overseas medicines.
Instead of a customs letter I just received a letter from the FDA with charges listed saying I need to respond by a certain date

I have received a seizure letter before. This is not a seizure letter

Anyone encounter this?

I don’t want to include any more details as this does not seem to be common.
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this
Notice of FDA action

I got one today and said I’d be charged a disposal fee if I did something, can’t remember and already tore it up but I did not meet the requirements for receiving the fee. Pretty certain it was only if it wasn’t for personal use or something.

I don’t want to include any more details as this does not seem to be common.
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this
Notice of FDA action

Unless there's some new type of FDA Action letter no one else has gotten you're missing the part where it says you don't need to respond.

"Charges" are not sent to you in a letter merely because they seized a package. It takes more than that. Anyone can send a package to anyone else.

IMG_8702.jpeg

IMG_8701.jpeg

Ask @Ghoul he is our resident lawyer extraordinaire.

Sure man, I'll just order a big box of
India pharma for one of my enemies so they'll be slapped with Federal "charges".

I wonder where our perp has to turn himself in. The nearest FDA office or will any police station do for him to surrender.

Sure man, I'll just order a big box of
India pharma for one of my enemies so they'll be slapped with Federal "charges".

I wonder where our perp has to turn himself in. The nearest FDA office or will any police station do for him to surrender.
You always forget about proof of purchase and transaction records.

Never mind, just help out our friend here will ya.

This is one reason when ordering items from overseas, it is best to keep quantities in a single shipment in quantities that would be easily considered personal use. One of the common Indian pharma sources recommends no more than 90 days worth of a single product in case of seizure. Should limit risk of further government action if smaller quantities.

My total guess is larger quantities that could be considered for resell could add additional scrutiny from said 3 letter agencies.

Unless there's some new type of FDA Action letter no one else has gotten you're missing the part where it says you don't need to respond.

"Charges" are not sent to you in a letter merely because they seized a package. It takes more than that. Anyone can send a package to anyone else.

View attachment 292289

View attachment 292288
I'm thinking op is miscomprehending the "charged" for disposal as some kind of legal "charges"

I've never heard of anyone getting "charged" with a crime from CBP via a letter in the mail.

You always forget about proof of purchase and transaction records.

Never mind, just help out our friend here will ya.

The FDA does not have the power to bring criminal charges. They're a regulatory agency.

The DOJ would have to bring charges after a referral by the FDA.

The info we're being given doesn't add up.

Last year's "Broader Sword" anti India pharma enforcement operation seized several thousand packages, and ONE major importer was charged by DOJ, making this story even less plausible.