• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Shouldnt Masteron help with fertility?

Sheki

Read this... pretty interesting!
______________________________________________number1

Mesterolone
Question

What is the role of Mesterolone in increasing the sperm count and motility and what is the mechanism by which it increases?

Answer

In order to answer your question one must initially review how and why testosterone is produced. Gonadotrphin releasing hormone [GRH] is the hormone that controls reproductive function. It is produced and released by a part of the brain called the hypothalamus and in turn controls the production and release of luteinising hormone [LH] and follicle stimulating hormone [FSH] (called gonadotrophins) from the adjacent pituitary gland. LH acts with FSH to stimulate Testosterone production, secreted by the interstitial cells of the testis and responsible for triggering the development of sperm and of many sexual characteristics such as the changes that occur during puberty in the penis and testicles.

Mesterolone is indicated in the treatment of testosterone deficiency or male infertility associated with malfunction of the hypothalamus, pituitary or testicles. The drug is administered orally and the initial recommended dosage is three or four 25mg tablets daily for several months, followed by maintenance therapy of two to three tablets (50-75mg) daily.

It is not recommended in children and contra-indicated when there is a history of previous or existing liver tumours, or in the presence of prostate cancer, as it may stimulate its growth. Mesterolone's molecular structure gives it special properties that set it apart from testosterone and all the drugs derived from testosterone that are used for this type of therapy, in that it is not broken down by the body [metabolised] to oestrogen. This difference almost certainly accounts for the findings that, in its usual therapeutic dosage in normal men, Mesterolone does not significantly depress the release of gonadotrophins from the pituitary. Therefore sperm production [spermatogenesis] is unimpaired by Mesterolone when compared with other drugs used in this area, which suppress and therefore replace the body's natural [endogenous] testosterone. In other words, Mesterolone supplements ones natural testosterone. I hope this explanation helps.

Yours sincerely

Dr John Pillinger, GP

________________________________________________ number2

How does it work?

Mesterolone is a derivative of the hormone testosterone. Testosterone is a naturally occurring male hormone known as an androgen. It is produced by the testicles and is the main hormone essential for normal growth and development of the male sex organs and male sexual characteristics. During adult life, testosterone is essential for the production of sperm, the maintenance of sex drive, erectile potency, and the functioning of the prostate gland and other reproductive structures. The natural production of testosterone is controlled by another set of hormones called gonadotrophins, which are released from the pituitary gland in the brain. Low levels of testosterone can cause impotence, decreased sex drive, decreased mental and physical activity, infertility due to decreased sperm production and bone loss. Mesterolone is given when natural testosterone levels are too low. This occurs following castration, or may be due to decreased functioning of the testicles (hypogonadism or eunuchoidism). This can be caused by testicular disease or a deficiency in gonadotrophin production by the pituitary gland. Mesterolone therefore allows the return of normal sexual functioning, and is useful in the treatment of infertility caused by low testosterone levels.

What is it used for?

# Low testosterone levels in men
# Male infertility caused by low testosterone levels

Sheki said:
Read this... pretty interesting!
______________________________________________number1

Mesterolone
Question

What is the role of Mesterolone in increasing the sperm count and motility and what is the mechanism by which it increases?

Answer

In order to answer your question one must initially review how and why testosterone is produced. Gonadotrphin releasing hormone [GRH] is the hormone that controls reproductive function. It is produced and released by a part of the brain called the hypothalamus and in turn controls the production and release of luteinising hormone [LH] and follicle stimulating hormone [FSH] (called gonadotrophins) from the adjacent pituitary gland. LH acts with FSH to stimulate Testosterone production, secreted by the interstitial cells of the testis and responsible for triggering the development of sperm and of many sexual characteristics such as the changes that occur during puberty in the penis and testicles.

Mesterolone is indicated in the treatment of testosterone deficiency or male infertility associated with malfunction of the hypothalamus, pituitary or testicles. The drug is administered orally and the initial recommended dosage is three or four 25mg tablets daily for several months, followed by maintenance therapy of two to three tablets (50-75mg) daily.

It is not recommended in children and contra-indicated when there is a history of previous or existing liver tumours, or in the presence of prostate cancer, as it may stimulate its growth. Mesterolone's molecular structure gives it special properties that set it apart from testosterone and all the drugs derived from testosterone that are used for this type of therapy, in that it is not broken down by the body [metabolised] to oestrogen. This difference almost certainly accounts for the findings that, in its usual therapeutic dosage in normal men, Mesterolone does not significantly depress the release of gonadotrophins from the pituitary. Therefore sperm production [spermatogenesis] is unimpaired by Mesterolone when compared with other drugs used in this area, which suppress and therefore replace the body's natural [endogenous] testosterone. In other words, Mesterolone supplements ones natural testosterone. I hope this explanation helps.

Yours sincerely

Dr John Pillinger, GP

________________________________________________ number2

How does it work?

Mesterolone is a derivative of the hormone testosterone. Testosterone is a naturally occurring male hormone known as an androgen. It is produced by the testicles and is the main hormone essential for normal growth and development of the male sex organs and male sexual characteristics. During adult life, testosterone is essential for the production of sperm, the maintenance of sex drive, erectile potency, and the functioning of the prostate gland and other reproductive structures. The natural production of testosterone is controlled by another set of hormones called gonadotrophins, which are released from the pituitary gland in the brain. Low levels of testosterone can cause impotence, decreased sex drive, decreased mental and physical activity, infertility due to decreased sperm production and bone loss. Mesterolone is given when natural testosterone levels are too low. This occurs following castration, or may be due to decreased functioning of the testicles (hypogonadism or eunuchoidism). This can be caused by testicular disease or a deficiency in gonadotrophin production by the pituitary gland. Mesterolone therefore allows the return of normal sexual functioning, and is useful in the treatment of infertility caused by low testosterone levels.

What is it used for?

# Low testosterone levels in men
# Male infertility caused by low testosterone levels

Interesting article.

AG
www.ag-guys.com

Masteron is a synthetic derivitive of DHT, like proviron.
Also acts like a anti-estrogen due to competing with the aromatase receptor.
Also binds to SHBG and could in theory allow for more free test.

Yeah, but increasing the sperm count and motility??? Thats new! Should make it very useful then to use PCT...

C'mon Sheki

Sheki said:
Yeah, but increasing the sperm count and motility??? Thats new! Should make it very useful then to use PCT...
Don't believe everything you read. Even if it seems scientific, if you feel it's absurd or even exaggerating, suspend judgment until further evidence.

If Mast did this (though you were actually describing "mesterlone", proviron), fertility clinics would have picked up on it, got gov't approval, & be mass marketing by now.

Solo

I know what you are saying Solo. Sometimes I do buy things upright of the bat, but the only way one would know is to test for himself and find out. That is real science! I am sometimes naive its true bro!

But it is interesting statements made indeed... because I have found some of them true in reality for myself.

Masteron is the only AAS out there besides Testosteron that directly stimulates libidio strongly for me. NOW, this I have experienced myself and can say is true for me! Science bro... now if I didnt take any other AAS with it, would that mean that my test-levels stil would be normal? That is the interesting statement that I am not sure off. Indeed it would supplement ones own testosterone... and maybe also fertility. I will test Masteron by it-self very soon since I need some rest. I will go with it for 300mg/week with 4 week of PCT, and test it for 4 weeks by itself too after that.

Last edited:
Masteron like provi - does help free up SHBG - however if you are badly supressed or shut down it will not help to re-elevate those levels

get my drift?

if the levels are there already yes it will help raise them by freeing up existing natty test - but it will not raise a surpessed level like clomid/nolva

Sheki said:
...Masteron is the only AAS out there besides Testosteron that directly stimulates libidio strongly for me. NOW, this I have experienced myself and can say is true for me!
Now wait a minute old buddy, didn't you just complain in another thread that you were missing the Test "mind lust" or something like that? That the Mast you were on kept the rooster out & crowing, but you missed the insanity of obsession, i.e., mind lust? Have things changed? (They do, though, don't they?)

Indeed it would supplement ones own testosterone... and maybe also fertility.
Ye gawds, more fertility is one thing I don't need. I'm still paying for too much fertility early on!
I will test Masteron by it-self very soon since I need some rest. I will go with it for 300mg/week with 4 week of PCT, and test it for 4 weeks by itself too after that.
Well, we've got the Manwhore raving about the glories of Tren by itself, maybe you'll make some discoveries about Mast by itself. But if you start impregnating every female you breathe on, you'll know that it's too damned fertile!

Solo;)

(And avoid your sister-in-law!:D )

Hi Solo MAN! :) You one smart fellow.

Yeah your right about my statement about the Masteron not giving me sex toughts but kept my pecker up and going... its true. Lately tough it is getting somewhat better (I think because it has kicked in now), but stil ofcourse Test rocks for me over anything else. Nothing is better in this regard!! Why this is I do not know, maybe the Test converts to DHT in the brain-tissue while Masteron acts like DHT but maybe converts to something else in the brain... dono really.

I am stil running 120mg Test every week... so I think the Masteron is freeing up some extra Test and thus I am experiencing good sex toughts even on such "normal" dosages. But it will be interesting to see when I just switch to Masteron ONLY what happens! I will keep you posted dont worry!

Last edited:
The DHT effect from the Masteron may help your pecker but the sexual thoughts will come from the dopamine increase via the testosterone as long as estradiol is kept in check. You could also use a dopamine agonist like Dostinex to even further increase this effect.

simply amazing, post a subject regarding masteron and quote an article about mesterolone. then folks chime in with , oh sure, JUST LIKE mesterolone, masterone is an anti-e because of its binding to the aromatase receptor. solo has it right, please do not believe everything you read.

jb

Re: C'mon Sheki

solo47 said:
Don't believe everything you read. Even if it seems scientific, if you feel it's absurd or even exaggerating, suspend judgment until further evidence.

If Mast did this (though you were actually describing "mesterlone", proviron), fertility clinics would have picked up on it, got gov't approval, & be mass marketing by now.

Solo

That is the very reason why you would atleast consider its efficacy. We know the government doesn't many things that is beneficial the the public at large. Many would suggest that RU486 should be made available over the counter. Many drugs available in Brazil, France, Netherlands, Korea and many other countries with proving safety records and effectiveness are not even available here.

Plus who would make and market the drug if one sole company can't have the exclusive patent and marketing rights for the medication and treatment?

Re: C'mon Sheki

solo47 said:

Solo

Correct.

Studies I seen show semen improvement also occurred in the placebo controls, these findings cast doubt on the possible usefulness of Mesterolone treatment of idiopathic male infertility.

Dustin