Sterility of homebrew

TA13579

So I've been reading quite a few threads here about home brew and most of it is pretty straight forward.

The part I'm not understanding is how the brewed oil is transferred to sterile vial without contamination. Doesn't the open air have a bunch of bacteria and viruses/virii present which can land in the oil? I watched some YouTube videos on pharma production facilities and they tend to have a clean room were the air is sterilized with HEPA filters. Honestly, I'm now a bit worried about how UGL labs do this because it seems clean room equipment is expensive?

I only want to make about 100ml of Test C @ 250mg/ml per year for TRT. How does one not accidentally contaminate the oil when transferring to a vial?

If this questions has already been asked, just paste me the thread and I'll go read it.

Edit: My calculation was wrong.

Last edited:
So I've been reading quite a few threads here about home brew and most of it is pretty straight forward.

The part I'm not understanding is how the brewed oil is transferred to sterile vial without contamination. Doesn't the open air have a bunch of bacteria and viruses/virii present which can land in the oil? I watched some YouTube videos on pharma production facilities and they tend to have a clean room were the air is sterilized with HEPA filters. Honestly, I'm now a bit worried about how UGL labs do this because it seems clean room equipment is expensive?

I only want to make about 20ml of Test C @ 250mg/ml per year for TRT. How does one not accidentally contaminate the oil when transferring to a vial?

If this questions has already been asked, just paste me the thread and I'll go read it.
Keep reading the logs of guys here and homebrewing handbook, looks like your research is still missing the basics.

The process is simple and easy to follow of you have done your research. Good luck.

After further reading I believe I've got this process figured out. Brew up the oil into a beaker with the appropriate BA/BB, raw, heat, and stir (via magentic heating plate). Then use syringe filters straight into sterilized vials.

My conclusion is that this whole process may not be worth it for 100ml of Test C per year. I can just buy one kit of Test C oils from QSC and syringe re-filter into new pre-sterilized vials.

Last edited:
After further reading I believe I've got this process figured out. Brew up the oil into a beaker with the appropriate BA/BB, raw, heat, and stir (via magentic heating plate). Then use syringe filters straight into sterilized vials.

My conclusion is that this whole process may not be worth it for 100ml of Test C per year. I can just buy one kit of Test C oils from QSC and syringe re-filter into new pre-sterilized vials.
is that 100ml for TRT?

is that 100ml for TRT?
Gosh I may have calculated this wrong?

200mg/week x 52 weeks/year = 10,400 mg or 10.4 G

10400mg / 250mg/ml = 41 ml/year or 3.4ml/month.

100ml @ 250mg/ml is enough for 2 years and 5 months of TRT. This is great news because it means I only need to buy 1 kit from QSC and just some filters and sterilized vials. No need to buy any raws.

That's what I get for trying to do math early in the morning before coffee. :)

Gosh I may have calculated this wrong?

200mg/week x 52 weeks/year = 10,400 mg or 10.4 G

10400mg / 250mg/ml = 41 ml/year or 3.4ml/month.

100ml @ 250mg/ml is enough for 2 years and 5 months of TRT. This is great news because it means I only need to buy 1 kit from QSC and just some filters and sterilized vials. No need to buy any raws.

That's what I get for trying to do math early in the morning before coffee. :)
what if QSC get busted? what if there is a shortage of raws and so of oils?
Brewing is more about being covered for life, if you buy 100gr you will be ok for 10 years buy 500gr and you will be set for life :)

Back