Steroids. My opinion has changed.

I agree. I think that this whole tren thing that is going on with the younger guys is just gotten crazy. Young guys who literally cant even stay on a diet for a week or even consistantly be in the gym are jumping on tren because they have this warped idea of what it does and it was is used for. Tren in my opinion the only place tren has in this realm is the last 6 weeks before a contest. It should only be used for this purpose. Kids are wanting a quick result without putting in any work for it so they can get views. Its sad actually how desperate the young guys are for the approval and praise from complete strngers. Im 30 btw
Jeez! In this post we seem to totally agree.

I think that was my point (sort of) in my original post. Somehow it really got weird with the "cheating" and "fat or fit" and thinking somehow, I am against steroid use.
I use them. Mostly TRT, as in real "TRT" since I am replacing what I don't make. I will use them in a cycle leading up to the Masters Nationals. But what I won't be doing is an "Olympia cycle" just to win an NPC show.

Jeez! In this post we seem to totally agree.

I think that was my point (sort of) in my original post. Somehow it really got weird with the "cheating" and "fat or fit" and thinking somehow, I am against steroid use.
I use them. Mostly TRT, as in real "TRT" since I am replacing what I don't make. I will use them in a cycle leading up to the Masters Nationals. But what I won't be doing is an "Olympia cycle" just to win an NPC show.
Oh youre against gear use? I didnt see that part. Im not against gear usage at all but I am against kids taking tren and other anabolics just to try and get views or look like some influencer who doesnt know what theyre doing either. Its so backward. I support anabolic use for bodybuilding and personal goals. I started really young so thats why im really against kids under 21 using gear.

Something that really gets to me is when people think drugs are more important than diet and training. Bodybuilding is about training and eating clean, gear is a part but its not the biggest factor not even close. And I swear guys will start training and immediately want to get on gear when they havent even learned about dieting or training. I can say this now because I was once that dude I wanted to hop on gear right away. I probably only trained for a couple years before getting on gear at 16. Big mistake that i have to live with now but I try to stop other youngsters from making the same mistake.

Something that really gets to me is when people think drugs are more important than diet and training. Bodybuilding is about training and eating clean, gear is a part but its not the biggest factor not even close. And I swear guys will start training and immediately want to get on gear when they havent even learned about dieting or training. I can say this now because I was once that dude I wanted to hop on gear right away. I probably only trained for a couple years before getting on gear at 16. Big mistake that i have to live with now but I try to stop other youngsters from making the same mistake.
This then anytime you tell em it’s not like it makes a huge difference if you don’t do the rest right they assume you’re minimising gears effects cos ‘dirty cheaters blah blah blah’ but you do well to worry bout em kids on gear cos shits getting insane

Oh youre against gear use? I didnt see that part. Im not against gear usage at all but I am against kids taking tren and other anabolics just to try and get views or look like some influencer who doesnt know what theyre doing either. Its so backward. I support anabolic use for bodybuilding and personal goals. I started really young so thats why im really against kids under 21 using gear.
Not against use at all. Somehow a comma got thrown in there.
I too started too young, although at 23. I was already very fit, with a solid training regimen. I was also fortunate enough to have a Mr. Ohio take me under his wing, so I probably had five dumb ass newbie time wasting days in the gym.
I coach (if it isn’t obvious), but when I have people contact me, my initial response always includes this disclaimer; “I am not a drug coach.”
Only about 9 out of 10 get back to me. I do coach on the drug side, but only where applicable. I think drugs are 5% of the equation. If someone doesn’t believe me, cool. Lots of other “coaches” out there. They’ll put you on grams out of the gate, at any age or condition.
I focus on health and longevity. Winning to me is doing this for the long run.
I generally don’t coach bodybuilders because aside from us being a pain in the ass, I find it hard to suggest the drugs it takes to win at some level. Easy for me to make the decision for myself doing them. Not so much telling a guy who isn’t as well informed, informationally and physically.

There are a lot of things to get in order before using steroids. But few guys really seem to want to do the basics before jumping on the juice.
They know it and that’s why there’s so much hate when mentioning this.

I think that this whole tren thing that is going on with the younger guys is just gotten crazy.
It's a scumfluencer fad. In a couple of years there will be another one (injectible superdol maybe, but called SuperMasteron for the marketing), And then another one and another.

Anything for a buck

I fucking love steroids and will take them until the day i die idc if it kills me early rather live my life for 50 years as a wolf then 80 years as a sheep. I think about 90% of dudes who blast gear will say fuck yes to this.
People can do what they want, but seeing people think they are the coolest guy becouse they jacked with years of permablasting? You can get gigantic and not killurself. If ur suiciding for gains it makes you a junky loser. JUNKY GIGA LOSER.

Genie out of a bottle man. Also are you sure the prevalence is actually higher now? Wasn’t its prevalence underestimated in the past because it was harder to keep track of?

Yes there is a health risk, but then there’s also the aspect of “leaving it on the table” when it could benefit your life…even if you don’t compete

I fucking love steroids and will take them until the day i die idc if it kills me early rather live my life for 50 years as a wolf then 80 years as a sheep. I think about 90% of dudes who blast gear will say fuck yes to this.
Facts!

One of the age old tools to determine if someone is ready to be using steroids, and to see if they have put in enough time in the gym training naturally is if they can bench 300 for a single rep, or deadlift 440 plus. If they can't then they have no business using steroids yet. Keep pushing away in the gym until you reach those goals then do what you want.

You should be fully grown/developed in mind and body before trying steroids. I believe it's often quoted that the male brain is still developing into the mid twenties? After that I don't care what you do. I was actually surprised that steroids aren't nearly as powerful as I pictured in my head. I used to think half a year in and I'd be massive. But the truth is most people on gear you can't even tell. You need a lot of time and consistency in the gym and with diet to get huge. And you need really good genetics on top of that to get huge quickly.

One of the things I used to use as an analogy to people who asked me about steroids and their use/abuse was:
If you could take 10 strokes off your golf game by taking a single pill a day, would you? The answer was ALWAYS a resounding "YES!".

"If you could improve your guitar playing substantially overnight...?"

More closely to my interests are when I was racing motorcycles. "Would you take a pill if it helped you drop two second, HELL, ONE second off your lap times?" The answer was some form of "FUCK YES I WOULD!" I always followed up with "What if the cost was xxxx?" related to health or even cutting years off of lifespan. Most, if not all were cool with paying some cost.

My discussion and analogies helped change many opinions of steroids for the average persons, of which they already had a pretty negative and incorrect view on, based on the stupidity of the masses being fed hyperbole or in the least, misinformation by the media and the U.S. government.
If I heard them say that "steroids are cheating", then I would ask if that meant ALL of them? Because a pitcher needing a corticoid injection to pull off a double header doesn't exactly make him "natty". Don't get me started on birth control hormones and their mass proliferation.

But as I have gotten older, or perhaps because of the incredible rise in abuse due to social media hype, my position has changed. No longer is it the serious athlete trying to improve their already incredible game/skill/accomplishments. It is now the person who joins a gym and has been led to believe that one simply does not gym without gear. They aren't trying to improve from their already establish accomplishments, taking it to the next level. They are starting out at zero level and expecting to be something they are leagues away from to begin with. Some of these guys are also using incredibly high dosages right out of the gate. It simply blows my mind!

I think my opinion has changed significantly. I know that people who improve in whatever they are working at, at a pace that is appropriate and sustainable, they seem to have a better sense of self-esteem doing so. They know the work and the cost of making those improvements, respect it them in themselves and others, and understand fully what it took to get there.

We live in a microwave society. We want everything NOW! America is really, really bad with this. Look at the popularity of fast food. But I digress...

Social media has convinced everyone now that everything is attainable to everyone. I am all for hopes and dreams and working hard toward those. I applaud anyone who works toward their goals feverishly, even if they might be slightly delusional. But not everyone is meant to do everything. I was never very good at golf, but I had a good time playing it. I am a shit guitar player, but it gives me a warm feeling every time I pick it up, plug it in and hit some sweet tones.
I was pretty good bodybuilder in my 20s, but nowhere near genetically gifted enough to be a great bodybuilder. I still dug it though. All of it! I was not great in my 50s, but I was still a national level guy. Something I would have never been in my 20s. Now I am 60, and I think I have a very competitive physique in this age group.

Just as we have seen a wave of what I consider gross steroid abuse in the last few years, I hope we see a wave of realistic expectations and conservative use in the future.
Couldn’t agree more.

I still view AAS as great when they’re leveraged to do something that which cannot otherwise be achieved. But when they’re used as a band-aid to counter inadequate nutrition, lack of progressive training, sleep deprivation, alcohol/drug abuse, or to showcase one’s disregard for fundamentals, I think that it reflects a character flaw in that person and everyone who props that person up.

What do you call a societal character flaw? The beginning of the end.

What about the GL1-P craze booming though N America, and I don't know, the rest of the world? That's a "PED" isn't it? WA DA has banned many peptides, if not all, but I didn't hear Oprah banning that? Absolutely... hyprocrites... when the shoe is on the other foot. But, ask them for a comparison, and they'll make some twisted argument why fat loss, as said previously, is an illness to cure. Give me a break, at the end it falls into what's being said here... it's trying ("a single pill") to attain results faster.

One of the age old tools to determine if someone is ready to be using steroids, and to see if they have put in enough time in the gym training naturally is if they can bench 300 for a single rep, or deadlift 440 plus. If they can't then they have no business using steroids yet. Keep pushing away in the gym until you reach those goals then do what you want.
Those are shitty arbitrary numbers that have nothing to do with steroids. I can give you high school kids that can do those numbers but none of them should be messing with steroids.

And then you have national level masters competitors that don't do those numbers (or those exercises in general) that should be using those tools.

Sponsors