Stoppers materials

Sampei

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
So for who does it's own crimping, ideally what's the best stopper material?

Is PTFE/silicone stopper superior to chlorobutyl stoppers?

So what I have gathered is chlorobutyl stopper can't be dry sterilized as max temperature is something like 120-130c
They are resistant to puncturing so they autoseal well and can whitstand at least a 10ml vial getting punctured for a bit.
Chemical resistance is not the best but if you keep the vial upside down who cares, it will not get in contact with the oil much so not a big deal.

PTFE/Silicone: better chemical resistance, more expensive, can it withstand multiple puncturing? Can be heated up to 180c so dry heat sterilization is a possibility.

Another question, do you throw away the stopper when the vial is finished and you decrimp it to sterilize it again, or you reuse the stopper at least once?

For caps are there any preferences? Or it's more or less a personal preference? I have found a good not expensive combo of aluminium cap + septa but it's the one where there is no flip off or cover of the septa for a new vial, I can post picture if it's not clear..is that ok? Or not ideal to store the vials with oil inside and no cover or the septa on top like with a flip off or those other kind of caps?

I know 30ml vials are cheaper and works well but I really like the look of 10ml vials and buying pre sterilized it's 1.5euro each when if I do my own it's 0.6-0.7 and I can have the flip off on the new vials and it looks so neat and I'm autistic for these kind of things :(

I am gonna comment to follow the thread dawg.. i really have been wanting to do my own capping as well.. Mr. Sampei I think silicone stopper would be fucking pimp!! You know what else would hit hard?? Go to optis website and see the cap design he has.. he found somewhere the custom made the flip off cays with the big Opti O on them.. Wouldnt a Big ass S or D look straight?

I am gonna comment to follow the thread dawg.. i really have been wanting to do my own capping as well.. Mr. Sampei I think silicone stopper would be fucking pimp!! You know what else would hit hard?? Go to optis website and see the cap design he has.. he found somewhere the custom made the flip off cays with the big Opti O on them.. Wouldnt a Big ass S or D look straight?
Silicone stopper without the ptfe coating on one side I believe are too soft and can't withstand much puncturing but I could be wrong.

I like transparent coloured flip off like Pharmaqo has.

@narta
We need him :)
We have few questions for you, please enlighten us majestic master brewer

Then anything works fine for you. Does that mini spike has a valve? Because to me it looks like it keeps an opening 24/7 if you leave it like that. Doesn't have a cap either so shit accumulate in there and it's hard to swab..not sure is better then just puncturing the stopper.
it keeps pressure so it must have a valve. they are like 6-7 bucks as piece at medlab. i like them better than the ones i was getting from amazon. yes.. i am not as anal as my autistic buddy!!

It's super expensive, I better just buy pre sterilized vials if I have to spend that kind of money on a stopper.

Especially one that is not needed as my vials are kept upside and so the oil almost never touch the stopper, there is no risk of corrosion.

I've always been using polyethersulfone for both water/oil, and it's very effective.
So teflon (PTFE) yeah I'm running to go with PTFE/Silicone stopper. Seems the most quality one even so it's more expensive almost double a chlorobutyl stoppers

So teflon (PTFE) yeah I'm running to go with PTFE/Silicone stopper. Seems the most quality one even so it's more expensive almost double a chlorobutyl stoppers
Polyethersulfone = PSE, not PTFE, but they're similar I guess. Yeah they're kinda expensive, you should buy them in bulk. I pay 50$ for 100pcs.

edit : Also, change the filter every 10-20ml of treated liquid.

Last edited:
Yeah it's 60 euro for PTFE/silicone stopper for me 100pcs and caps included but are not flip off caps.
Polyethersulfone = PSE, not PTFE, but they're similar I guess. Yeah they're kinda expensive, you should buy them in bulk. I pay 50$ for 100pcs.

edit : Also, change the filter every 10-20ml of treated liquid.

Sponsors

Latest posts

Back