Struggling with Addiction

flexmuscle40

What’s up everybody just curious who else on here struggles with your old ways and live , Me for example is drinking and hanging out. I have finally turned my life around and stopped drinking and unhealthy habits, I have been hitting the steel hard and got my eating in order but still have days and moments in the day where I wanna go backwards and hang out, Anyone else on here struggle with this and can relate? Thanks

Yes, for me 12 steps was the only way that worked. Everybody's different though, hats off to you if you can stay sober via your will power.

I needed therapy and psychiatric medication. I was self medicating. I swallowed my pride and let others in and help me.

Drugs or alcohol don’t tempt me in the slightest anymore.

You can still hang out with friends and not drink. Everyone loves a reliable DD. You’ll lose some “friends” that were only around for the partying, but you’ll stay connected with the real ones.

Congrats on your sobriety btw. It’s the most liberating feeling to know you don’t need to alter your mind state to enjoy your life. Really proud of you stranger!

I needed therapy and psychiatric medication. I was self medicating. I swallowed my pride and let others in and help me.

Drugs or alcohol don’t tempt me in the slightest anymore.

You can still hang out with friends and not drink. Everyone loves a reliable DD. You’ll lose some “friends” that were only around for the partying, but you’ll stay connected with the real ones.

Congrats on your sobriety btw. It’s the most liberating feeling to know you don’t need to alter your mind state to enjoy your life. Really proud of you stranger!
Thank you I really appreciate it, Yeah as much as I thought I really loved hanging out and partying it was really getting old doing the same thing and getting the same results feeling miserable the next couple days after hope this makes sense?

Yeah man, I can’t drink at all. I don’t know how to stop. It sucks but at the same time I feel like I’ve gotten my life back. Alcohol did absolutely nothing good for me! It’s so liberating to wake up and not be looking forward to drinking or feeling like shit from the day before. There are so many positives to staying clean for me…obviously the health markers, money saved and I’m not destroying relationships anymore.

I checked myself in to a voluntary rehab for about 45 days and have been sober ever since. Someone here will probably use that against me the next time I comment on something but I don’t care lol. Feel free to reach out whenever you need brother.

What’s up everybody just curious who else on here struggles with your old ways and live , Me for example is drinking and hanging out. I have finally turned my life around and stopped drinking and unhealthy habits, I have been hitting the steel hard and got my eating in order but still have days and moments in the day where I wanna go backwards and hang out, Anyone else on here struggle with this and can relate? Thanks
Yea bro, I was getting on drugs and drinking every weekend, even selling cocaine and mdma and having the biggest party’s at my house, decided I needed a change after my girlfriend died, now days I thank myself for changing my habits but I’m always tempted to go see my mates and go back and do all that stuff

Made 10 yrs clean/ sober in February 2024...If you're struggling, don't give up. It took me 4 yrs before I achieved 1 year of continuous sobriety