• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Supplements to take during PCT to aid recovery

Hey Millard... New member here. First I just wanted to say a formal hello and say that I really enjoy the forums/community here. Secondly, I was interested in your statement regarding DAA. Not taken in a PCT, do you think DAA has an effect on testosterone levels? I'm curious to know your thoughts... I've taken DAA before for about 6-8 weeks and I could have sworn my strength increased by possibly 15-20% (maybe more). Can a placebo effect occur to this extent if in fact this was the case?

I took bloods before my first cycle, and again months after my PCT.
I managed to increase my test serum by about 200, it might have been the PCT, the DAA, or the Vitamin D, or none of the above. I'll be using DAA and D again, thats for sure.

I took bloods before my first cycle, and again months after my PCT.
I managed to increase my test serum by about 200, it might have been the PCT, the DAA, or the Vitamin D, or none of the above. I'll be using DAA and D again, thats for sure.

I've been looking around the web for concrete blood tests supporting an increase but all I find are tests that validate Millard and Dr. Scally's statements... Who wudda thunk...

[FAIL] d-Aspartic Acid Supplementation Has No Effect On Body Composition, Muscle Strength, And Serum Hormones

Willoughby DS, Leutholtz B. d-Aspartic acid supplementation combined with 28 days of heavy resistance training has no effect on body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis in resistance-trained men. Nutrition Research. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0271531713001735

It was hypothesized that d-aspartic acid (D-ASP) supplementation would not increase endogenous testosterone levels or improve muscular performance associated with resistance training. Therefore, body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormone levels associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis were studied after 28 days of resistance training and D-ASP supplementation.

Resistance-trained men resistance trained 4 times/wk for 28 days while orally ingesting either 3 g of placebo or 3 g of D-ASP. Data were analyzed with 2 × 2 analysis of variance (P < .05). Before and after resistance training and supplementation, body composition and muscle strength, serum gonadal hormones, and serum D-ASP and d-aspartate oxidase (DDO) were determined.

Body composition and muscle strength were significantly increased in both groups in response to resistance training (P < .05) but not different from one another (P > .05). Total and free testosterone, luteinizing hormone, gonadotropin-releasing hormone, and estradiol were unchanged with resistance training and D-ASP supplementation (P > .05). For serum D-ASP and DDO, D-ASP resulted in a slight increase compared with baseline levels (P > .05). For the D-ASP group, the levels of serum DDO were significantly increased compared with placebo (P < .05). The gonadal hormones were unaffected by 28 days of D-ASP supplementation and not associated with the observed increases in muscle strength and mass.

Therefore, at the dose provided, D-ASP supplementation is ineffective in up-regulating the activity of the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis and has no anabolic or ergogenic effects in skeletal muscle.

what about tribulus? a buddy of mine said he ran tribulus after his tes cycle and no pct or ai