Telmisartan abdominal pain/bloating

paul7296

It says online at drugs.com to monitor and stop if it gets worse.

How long does the initial side effects like bloating abdominal pain usually last?

Nobody knows how long for sure. Are you sure it's telmisartan? I use it too and never experienced such issues. Sounds like something else is causing it. Consult your doc probably, maybe there is something you don't know like some intolerance of food for example.

Nobody knows how long for sure. Are you sure it's telmisartan? I use it too and never experienced such issues. Sounds like something else is causing it. Consult your doc probably, maybe there is something you don't know like some intolerance of food for example.

telma 20mg before bed last night, it was the only change I've made in a while and today I feel/see bloating in stomach area and also a little discomfort. I see it listed as a uncommon side effect but not serious and most when changing dose or starting new.
I'm not surprised as my stomach gi and everything has always been very sensitive.

telma 20mg before bed last night, it was the only change I've made in a while and today I feel/see bloating in stomach area and also a little discomfort. I see it listed as a uncommon side effect but not serious and most when changing dose or starting new.
I'm not surprised as my stomach gi and everything has always been very sensitive.
What is your diet and also are you lean? It could be telmi though unlikely, but really if you religiously log your food and track calories, see if you changed anything there yesterday.

Leaning out, under 20%, diet has no sugar caffeine/coffee or fast food in it. Red meat, chicken thighs pasta sometimes sandwiches. I only drink water nothing else. Fairly bland, I get bloodwork myself and everything has been looking good. Potassium was on lower side of range and so was sodium as of 2 weeks ago.

Edit: adding this in, its possible I slightly pulled something too the day before at gym. The discomfort may be muscle related. The bloating is relatively minimal

If it doesn't cause you too much discomfort. Try and see what happens after a week or so. Most Telmisartan sides subside after a week or two. But again, it sounds like it can be something else.