MFAAS

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
I'm selling my house and the painting and various things I have gitten quite bad tennis elbow. Like it hurts to pick up a coffee cup level of bad. It has gotten better over the last 3 days of serious rest. I started doing topical DMSO on it too. Already been doing BPC-157.

What else can I do to speed up healing? I can't train and its fucking killing me. NSAIDs don't do much. Plus I won't take them fir more than a few days due to the heart issues they can cause.

What say yall? Please help me! Lol. Any tips or tricks or resources would be appreciated. I founds some PT exercises online, not sure if I should start them or not.

Wear straps for your pulling movements so you aren’t gripping the bar so hard, avoid curls for a bit and buy yourself one of those forearm braces for tennis elbow. They seem hokey but they work.

If it hurts, don’t do it.

Naproxen is also a godsend.

I am dealing with it as well right now. Get an x-ray done at the ER. If you have no real damage, just rest and ice should gradually take care of it. For some reason, mine flares up really bad from lat pulldowns and triceps pushdowns.

If your going to try bpc 157, then add in alot of extra collegen support, should aid in the healing.

And in my opinion add in a therapeutic npp dosage, with the extra collegen and bpc 157..

20g of collogen a day. 10g morning 10g night.

Wtf I didn't get the notifications for the responses to this thread. Thank you guys for responding. I probably just missed them, things have been INSANE lately with selling my property and buying another one out of state.

Wear straps for your pulling movements so you aren’t gripping the bar so hard, avoid curls for a bit and buy yourself one of those forearm braces for tennis elbow. They seem hokey but they work.

If it hurts, don’t do it.

Naproxen is also a godsend.
Do you mean straps like these kind? https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0845Q3TV1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Amazon.com)

Everything from curls to pullups/chinups to even rows all cause it to flare up acutely. I am at a loss. It's been really shitty, especially as I am 4 weeks in and everything is just kicking in! :'(
I am dealing with it as well right now. Get an x-ray done at the ER. If you have no real damage, just rest and ice should gradually take care of it. For some reason, mine flares up really bad from lat pulldowns and triceps pushdowns.
Yeah basically mine started about a month ago from cutting down a bunch of invasive trees as part of volunteer work for the city I live in. My chainsaw ran out of battery so I just used a bowsaw. It worked great, but the next day my elbows were ON FIRE. It was horrible. Then I did a TON of painting and other repetitive motion shit while prepping my property to sell and that just really fucked up the elbows bad. They definitely have gotten better but are nowhere near really healed. Yesterday I did squats and bench and that was all I could really do. Deadlifts were OK the other day too, but not great.
If your going to try bpc 157, then add in alot of extra collegen support, should aid in the healing.

And in my opinion add in a therapeutic npp dosage, with the extra collegen and bpc 157..

I have added collagen, unfortunately only 7-10 grams per day. It is really weird, If I take more I get insane stomach bloating and farts. Collagen is supposed to be pretty benign but for whatever reason it fucks my stomach up.

I'm considering going back to my Ipamorelin/MOD GRF nightly regimen to help heal this up faster and increase healing even further.

Wtf I didn't get the notifications for the responses to this thread. Thank you guys for responding. I probably just missed them, things have been INSANE lately with selling my property and buying another one out of state.

Do you mean straps like these kind? https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0845Q3TV1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Amazon.com)

Everything from curls to pullups/chinups to even rows all cause it to flare up acutely. I am at a loss. It's been really shitty, especially as I am 4 weeks in and everything is just kicking in! :'(
Yep, that’s exactly it. Get one of those and some lifting straps. Both help a lot.

Lifting straps let you grip the bar more loosely which helps limit the aggravation of the tendon.

Your username has turned into TLDR for me ;) Couple years back, my elbow hurt so bad I was googling bone cancer in elbow and all sorts of other funky shit. I bought a therabar, figured I’d try it before getting my arm amputated. 10 days later……no pain, moral of the story, try a therabar.

There is a lot that has to be worked through to understand exactly what is the cause. From personal life long experience fighting it, I believe I can conclusively say it is not a form issue, it is just a 'pushing our bodies to the upper limits' issue. What lifts, what is the volume, what is the weight in relation to your maximums, etc... Lots to consider.

I get mine from going heavy. I am a small guy, naturally, who, when I get to the heavier stuff, just has to protect my joints. Therabars are helpful and naproxen is helpful, I have done both. I have even visited the best Ortho docs in my city who cannot really guide me any more than to say, if it hurts, rest it or use the therabars, naproxen and alternate ice and heat. They have offered to give me injections if I am in intense pain but the goal is not to get there right?

My answer... and it is just bro science at work... is to protect the joints from the lifts that are causing the pain so I do not have to go the naproxen or therabar route.

I use the best wraps I can find. Years ago there was APT, now there is Pioneer and Lifting Large. I use wrist wraps from Pioneer and elbow wraps from Lifting Large. There are many opinions out there on this gear but no one of any perceived authority is going to denounce either source.

I also warm up well and stretch as the muscles begin to get blood flow.

As far as lifting straps, I use them. My hands are horribly impaired after my service and I cannot lift anything without them. But, I have not used lifting straps for the purpose of protecting my elbow or wrist joints. Perhaps I am missing something there. I would need it better explained.

There is a lot that has to be worked through to understand exactly what is the cause. From personal life long experience fighting it, I believe I can conclusively say it is not a form issue, it is just a 'pushing our bodies to the upper limits' issue. What lifts, what is the volume, what is the weight in relation to your maximums, etc... Lots to consider.

I get mine from going heavy. I am a small guy, naturally, who, when I get to the heavier stuff, just has to protect my joints. Therabars are helpful and naproxen is helpful, I have done both. I have even visited the best Ortho docs in my city who cannot really guide me any more than to say, if it hurts, rest it or use the therabars, naproxen and alternate ice and heat. They have offered to give me injections if I am in intense pain but the goal is not to get there right?

My answer... and it is just bro science at work... is to protect the joints from the lifts that are causing the pain so I do not have to go the naproxen or therabar route.

I use the best wraps I can find. Years ago there was APT, now there is Pioneer and Lifting Large. I use wrist wraps from Pioneer and elbow wraps from Lifting Large. There are many opinions out there on this gear but no one of any perceived authority is going to denounce either source.

As far as lifting straps, I use them. My hands are horribly impaired after my service and I cannot lift anything without them. But, I have not used lifting straps for the purpose of protecting my elbow or wrist joints. Perhaps I am missing something there. I would need it better explained.
Does Ice and heat really work? Been dealing with fuck sore elbow and brachialis pain since starting up again. Think I'm doing too much too quickly like I was 20 again. gh helps but I've upped the intensity and volume this time around.

Think I just saw a john meadows video where he said since he stopped using straps and focused more on form and lighter-ish weight, his pain went away.

Yep, that’s exactly it. Get one of those and some lifting straps. Both help a lot.

Lifting straps let you grip the bar more loosely which helps limit the aggravation of the tendon.
I do have some lifting straps, I'll dig them up.

Should I be at all concerned about wearing the brace bands during lifting? My concern is they might almost start to act like occlusion (blood flow restriction) bands and I'll get too big a pump or could do some damage to the blood vessels. What say ye?

For me I mentioned the cause in the OP. It was from the following work I did to prep my house to sell (the good news, it got under contract after 5 days for $50k over asking price! So I would say it's worth it, I'll take 50 grand to be semi-/mostly out of commission for a 8 weeks while I heal up...):
- cutting down a bunch of trees doing yard work. My chainsaw ran out of batteries and I just used a bow saw instead, the repetitive motion really aggravated it
- fast forward 2 weeks, the elbows are calming down, but now I have to paint. I decided to paint both my garages, and for whatever reason painting with a roller always REALLY aggravates my elbows. I think it's something occupational therapy could help, when I push on the roller I tend to absorb it with my elbows. Regardless, this along with the other cleaning and picking stuff up and the 50 other things I did REALLY fucking aggravated them.

Yesterday was the first good workout I have done in almost 5 weeks. It was a push day and I could do almost all my exercises. I expect leg day will be fine too. I think push day is going to be nearly impossible with any kind of reasonable load.

For the therabar Is this the kind of stuff you are thinking of?

1625394180193.png

PRP shot was the only thing to settle mine down. Rest, anti-inflammatory meds, PT, brace, more rest - none of that worked. PRP shot took about 8-9 weeks to do it’s job. If yours is still hurting after a few months, I would seriously look at the PRP. Maybe even take some of that house money and go get it done. IMO if you have serious tendinitis it’s worth the $500/shot.

I do have some lifting straps, I'll dig them up.

Should I be at all concerned about wearing the brace bands during lifting? My concern is they might almost start to act like occlusion (blood flow restriction) bands and I'll get too big a pump or could do some damage to the blood vessels. What say ye?
I’ve never personally had that problem. The band can cut off circulation a bit if you have it too tight, but I’ve never burst any blood vessels or anything like that.

I’d avoid doing any reverse curls or any other forearm work with it on, but you should probably do that anyway (outside of rehab exercises) until the tendon calms down.

Does Ice and heat really work? Been dealing with fuck sore elbow and brachialis pain since starting up again. Think I'm doing too much too quickly like I was 20 again. gh helps but I've upped the intensity and volume this time around.
My biophysicist wife says it does. I am not well enough versed in science to have an expert opinion myself.

I'm selling my house and the painting and various things I have gitten quite bad tennis elbow. Like it hurts to pick up a coffee cup level of bad. It has gotten better over the last 3 days of serious rest. I started doing topical DMSO on it too. Already been doing BPC-157.

What else can I do to speed up healing? I can't train and its fucking killing me. NSAIDs don't do much. Plus I won't take them fir more than a few days due to the heart issues they can cause.

What say yall? Please help me! Lol. Any tips or tricks or resources would be appreciated. I founds some PT exercises online, not sure if I should start them or not.
So what i have learned, is that your elbow is a stababilty joint, your wrist and shoulder are mobility joints. So whatever your doing is causing your else to become more mobile. So theoretially having better shoulder mobility should help allow your elbow to stat more stable. That is the concept of the joint to joint approach. Usually

PRP injection was the only real fix for me. All the other therapies were temporary and the pain returned. I’m 3 years post injection and still zero pain

I think I am pretty much in the clear now with the elbows. Still have some issues here and there with my knuckles, I am somewhat thinking it may be arthritis due to working in IT and typing/using computers all day every day. What a hazardous occupation!! I have a couple knuckles that specifically bother me the most. Really should just go see a doc to get it checked out.

Regardless, idk how much/if the BPC-157/TB-500 helped or not, I think the main thing was just rest. I basically took a month off from lifting and just did elliptical, since couldn't bike because of the elbows either :(

Definitely just gonna pay someone to paint my new house when it gets to that point. Or make my girlfriend do it and I can watch. Maybe she will do the job in lingerie LOL :D

I second the therapudic NPP dosage.

Did wonders for my elbow and carpal tunnel.

I pull on wrenches and lift heavy shit all day, every day and therapudic NPP helps alot.