Test cyp filtration: Is it supposed to take this long?

ThiccManJack

I'm using one of these to filter my gear from a big 60ml syringe where I sucked up the oil and putting it into a vial. It's been an hour and I still am only 3/4ths of the way through filling up a 10ml vial, it's only dripping out while applying tons of consistent pressure. I'm assuming it's not supposed to go so slow. No air in the syringe. Using like an 18g needle. What can I do to speed up the process with what I've got? I already brewed like 20g of raw test cyp (not life altering to trash it but I'd hate to). I want to filter it to be safe but do I really need to?

I'm using one of these to filter my gear from a big 60ml syringe where I sucked up the oil and putting it into a vial. It's been an hour and I still am only 3/4ths of the way through filling up a 10ml vial, it's only dripping out while applying tons of consistent pressure. I'm assuming it's not supposed to go so slow. No air in the syringe. Using like an 18g needle. What can I do to speed up the process with what I've got? I already brewed like 20g of raw test cyp (not life altering to trash it but I'd hate to). I want to filter it to be safe but do I really need to?
Do you have a venting needle in place? Do you use caulking gun or doing it by hand? Is your solution somewhat warm?

Do you have a venting needle in place? Do you use caulking gun or doing it by hand? Is your solution somewhat warm?
I've got like a 25g venting needle, it's somewhat warm I had just warmed it up, and doing it by hand. Would a caulking gun fix things?

Yes. Caulking gun. It not be a stream but very fast droplets. That's as good as it gets.

Oh Jesus. Yeah if you're doing it by hand I'm not surprised. Use a caulking gun. It'll still be slow, but a fraction of that

Can you guys please share by link what caulk gun to order?
After yday i f*cked up my fingers using 10 and 20 ml syringes .
No i read is best 50ml and caulking gun.
I checked AliExpress but no idea what is right for us . I will be thankful for any link. Thanks

Can you guys please share by link what caulk gun to order?
After yday i f*cked up my fingers using 10 and 20 ml syringes .
No i read is best 50ml and caulking gun.
I checked AliExpress but no idea what is right for us . I will be thankful for any link. Thanks
Use a 2,5ml syringe if you have a small quantity. It will be much easier than 10 ml

I am using my hands, never used a gun...
There's your problem, you are using 13mm filter. Please use 33mm, bigger diameter = bigger area for liquid to pass, less clog build up per mm = better flow.
Lifesaver! I dont feel my fingers xd
And i will ask you. Those filters i used for 10vials are not sterile . Should i remove all maded oil and refilter all stuff into new one with sterile filters?
I pin yday first time and all well no issue skin good pip very very small so muscle is very calm .

Lifesaver! I dont feel my fingers xd
And i will ask you. Those filters i used for 10vials are not sterile . Should i remove all maded oil and refilter all stuff into new one with sterile filters?
I pin yday first time and all well no issue skin good pip very very small so muscle is very calm .
That's the reason why emergency room exists.
Use your logic if you didn't made a 5 minute read on anything regarding homebrew.
You use a 13 mm filter and then ask why is hard to filter then you let your test at 80°C and ask if it's a problem then you filter with a filter that is not sterile to make a oil sterile.
You simply don't have any excuse why you made all those mistakes plus maybe other that we didn't know so far.
Everything you should know is at sticky on this section but who cares to read that.
You shouldn't remove the oil from those vials and filter again. You should quit brewing and buying from a ugl or whatever you did until now.
You have a 0 fuck giving attitude and is you who pin that. Why people do this because you aren't the only one doing shit I don't understand.
Simply you have no excuse or at least no valid one but good luck you will need that.

You don't "order" a caulk gun. Just go to any hardware store. They're all the same. You could bring your 50 ml syringe with you and see if it fits well.

I use a 10mm syringe as anything bigger is a pain in the hand.I can do 100ml in less then 15 minutes with that set up.

Sponsors

Latest posts