Testosterone subQ absorptions rate based on carrier oil

Jire

Personally I find that different carrier oils absorb at different rates and have different "half-lives" if you will depending on them.

For me, MCT oil seems to absorb muuuuuch slower than grapeseed oil for instance. Because I inject subQ, I can physically notice the difference in absorption based on how quickly the oil dissipates under my skin. Grapeseed oil is gone within 24 hours, whereas MCT oil takes literally 4-5 days! This perfectly correlates to how I feel the testosterone is being absorbed in my body, as the testosterone in grapeseed oil I seem to absorb quickly and get a bigger spike, versus the MCT carrier results in much less of a peak and much slower, possibly less absorption.

I feel much better using grapeseed oil as a carrier, feels like my testosterone is significantly higher "by feels" based on libido, strength and mental well being.

Note I think this ONLY applies to subQ, but it's definitely something to discuss. Anybody have similar experiences?

Mct dissolves subq in 2 hours max in my case
Mygliol Deus in 1 hour

Its not only the carrier oil, it depends a lot on ba/bb content for example german pharma rotex medica just gave me a tumor like lump for a week at 0,3 and cat cafe 300mg deca i can take 0,5 easily and dissolve in like 1 hour

Same goes for other pharma stuff with high disolventes content

Mct dissolves subq in 2 hours max in my case
Mygliol Deus in 1 hour

Its not only the carrier oil, it depends a lot on ba/bb content for example german pharma rotex medica just gave me a tumor like lump for a week at 0,3 and cat cafe 300mg deca i can take 0,5 easily and dissolve in like 1 hour

Same goes for other pharma stuff with high disolventes content
You see that's really strange because for example Deus Medical mygliol (Mig840) gives me a lump that lasts quite some time when I inject it subQ! I've tried both their propionate and enanthate and both have the same situation.

Are you also injecting subQ or are you injecting IM?

You see that's really strange because for example Deus Medical mygliol (Mig840) gives me a lump that lasts quite some time when I inject it subQ! I've tried both their propionate and enanthate and both have the same situation.

Are you also injecting subQ or are you injecting IM?
Both, i think its very individual thing, the actual response from the body to the product.

I've noticed this too with MCT. I will have a lump for a week when I do my TRT dose subq with MCT. Maybe a day with grapeseed. I notice more a low e2 feeling more than the low test feeling. I do the same dose with grapeseed subq and everything is fine.

Different oils do affect release times. Castor oil is a good example.

Code:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/13068485_Intramuscular_injection_of_testosterone_undecanoate_for_the_treatment_of_male_hypogonadism_Phase_I_studies
There are several other factors which can also explain the differences in pharmacokinetics between the testosterone dissolved in castor oil vs teaseed oil. The concentration between the two preparations was different (125 vs 250 mg/mL), the volume was different (4 vs 8 mL), and the nr. of oil depots was different (1 vs 2) as the tea seed oil was injected in both glutes to make injection of the 8 mL feasible.

(I doubt the concentration per se matters for half-life, since it's simply a reflection of the rate at which the parent molecule diffuses out of the carrier, and the rate at which this occurs is not concentration-dependent. But injection volume, or more specifically the resulting surface area, might under certain circumstances.)

Last edited:
There are several other factors which can also explain the differences in pharmacokinetics between the testosterone dissolved in castor oil vs teaseed oil. The concentration between the two preparations was different (125 vs 250 mg/mL), the volume was different (4 vs 8 mL), and the nr. of oil depots was different (1 vs 2) as the tea seed oil was injected in both glutes to make injection of the 8 mL feasible.

(I doubt the concentration per se matters for half-life, since it's simply a reflection of the rate at which the parent molecule diffuses out of the carrier, and the rate at which this occurs is not concentration-dependent. But injection volume, or more specifically the resulting surface area, might under certain circumstances.)
Do you know of any studies which reflect a direct comparison between various carrier oils? That one was the closest thing I could find and, as you said, there are experimental variables in the study that could potentially take away from a 1.0 correlation.

That said, I think that there’s a pretty strong indication that choice of carrier oil does have some impact on release time.

Unfortunately, no. This is the only study that I know of (although I haven't put a tremendous amount of time into looking for them).

I summarized the following in my book:
1628342692964.png

(The difference in half-life from reference 21 is most likely an artifact from how it was determined in the case of 50 mg/mL rather than a true difference in half-life.)

Updating this thread, to say that I definitely notice a difference in the carrier oil when done IM as well.

For some reason, Bayer castor oil simply "feels" more potent than grapeseed oil UGL. Now, you might say it's because pharma vs UGL, but I truly believe and tests have shown the actual amount of test is equivalent. My body's absorption rate night explain the why in difference of feels. Bloodwork is literally the same I bet, we'll find out soon.

Also "by feels" IM is much more potent than subQ for me. I just simply feel more strength, energy and motivation than I ever had subQ, although subQ was also a big step above natural. My body just doesn't seem to utilize it as much, even though according to bloodwork, I'm probably at the same levels. I do really wonder what would explain the difference!

Updating this thread, to say that I definitely notice a difference in the carrier oil when done IM as well.

For some reason, Bayer castor oil simply "feels" more potent than grapeseed oil UGL. Now, you might say it's because pharma vs UGL, but I truly believe and tests have shown the actual amount of test is equivalent. My body's absorption rate night explain the why in difference of feels. Bloodwork is literally the same I bet, we'll find out soon.

Also "by feels" IM is much more potent than subQ for me. I just simply feel more strength, energy and motivation than I ever had subQ, although subQ was also a big step above natural. My body just doesn't seem to utilize it as much, even though according to bloodwork, I'm probably at the same levels. I do really wonder what would explain the difference!
In your head.