The only back exercises you need.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 123722
  • Start date Start date
Where do you get the idea that full ROM equates to being more valuable than less than full ROM? I can get more range of motion with a pec deck than I can with an incline press, but the pec deck is vastly inferior to the incline. If you ever watch old vids of Rich Gaspari or Lou Ferrigno those guys used a ton of partial range movements, as I did back in my competitive days. And you have to be kidding comparing CGBPresses vs. rope press downs??? There's no comparison, the amount of work from the former makes the latter look like child's play. Not to mention the massive pump from the former. You must be reading straight out of some of John Little's crap books. In actuality, the past 60 years of competitive BB proves that big movements build by far the most absolute mass, because THIS IS WHAT HAS BEEN USED TO BUILD THAT MASS! And fuck that ROM shit, load up a barbell and put it mid-range to a bit higher and move it 3-4 inches to failure. You've just stimulated the shit out of that muscle!
Well, I don't think we will agree so we should just stop, but here is the science on full ROM.

"As it turns out, our common sense is correct. After the 12 weeks the strength and size of the muscle was greater in the group with the longer range of motion. Researchers also measured fat stores within the affected muscle and they were reduced more in the group with the longer range of motion."

And in practice, NO! Some of the most massive BBs over the years have used partials, not as an adjunct, but as a main method of attacking muscle. Get your head out of the fucking books!!!

Wait a minute. Aren't you the Nimrod that was advocating a deca only cycle?? OK, 'Nuff Said!!

Wait a minute. Aren't you the Nimrod that was advocating a deca only cycle?? OK, 'Nuff Said!!
No. I'm the nimrod experimenting with it, as many have in the past, to actually see what it will do alone, rather than listening to what people claim it can or cannot do.

So far you have done nothing to prove your position at all, and are going off what people claim, along with anecdotals. And btw, I worked out just like every else has doing the basics; I'm just experimenting with the training I'm talking about here and reporting what I am doing. It's been nearly three months doing so consistently, and I've been making progress without all the "mass building" compounds you are talking about, and I no longer have any shoulder or elbow pain.

So again, attack me rather than disproving what I have said. I'm still waiting to hear the magic mechanism that makes compounds lifts superior to isolations. I guess you can't put mass on muscle groups unless you do compounds lol.

No. I'm the nimrod experimenting with it, as many have in the past, to actually see what it will do alone, rather than listening to what people claim it can or cannot do.

So far you have done nothing to prove your position at all, and are going off what people claim, along with anecdotals. And btw, I worked out just like every else has doing the basics; I'm just experimenting with the training I'm talking about here and reporting what I am doing. It's been nearly three months doing so consistently, and I've been making progress without all the "mass building" compounds you are talking about, and I no longer have any shoulder or elbow pain.

So again, attack me rather than disproving what I have said. I'm still waiting to hear the magic mechanism that makes compounds lifts superior to isolations. I guess you can't put mass on muscle groups unless you do compounds lol.
LOL!! OK Deca boy, have at it!

First of all your not going to fry your CNS with intense, heavy, high intensity leg presses or squats when you apply the appropriate amount of days off after such an event. Secondly, controlling rep tempo is an excellent way to prevent joint damage from ballistic training, using 3-4 second negatives, with controlled turn arounds at the bottom. And you have to be kidding if you think the most massive quads ever built was because of leg extensions. That's a namby pamby movement compared to Squats, LPresses, and deadlifts. And the example I used with skull crushers was to illustrate it's not one of those one arm movements that I think are worthless. The same as choosing another "isolation" movement like barbell curls over DB conc curls. And back to leg extensions, the only value they have is using them in a pre exhaust fashion as explained to me by a well known BB in the 90s when I competed at the state level.
I also believe that without basic exercises such as deadlifts and squats, you cannot add muscle mass. Isolating exercises are just an addition or you need to eliminate weak or lagging muscles

I also believe that without basic exercises such as deadlifts and squats, you cannot add muscle mass. Isolating exercises are just an addition or you need to eliminate weak or lagging muscles
You believe, but do you know? You have to define "mass." If "mass" is size, then why would isolations not put on size? Isolations, like any other exercises, puts on muscle mass (size), they just do it with one muscle at a time.

The only thing I think you guys are saying is that compounds hit more muscles at the same time, thus stimulating more of them simultaneously, which helps them repair and grow around the same time/frequency. So for example, doing bench press, you are hitting chest, shoulders, and triceps... Just doing them for enough time, suddenly all three muscles grow together, making your entire upper body seem more "massive." But I'm saying you can train each muscle separately and get just as massive, without the risk of injury using heavy weights, and barbells which limit ROM. I still do chest presses with dumbells and also decline hammer machine; I no longer do incline or regular barbell bench.

You believe, but do you know? You have to define "mass." If "mass" is size, then why would isolations not put on size? Isolations, like any other exercises, puts on muscle mass (size), they just do it with one muscle at a time.
As for me, the experience of colleagues in sports, those who trained paying attention to basic exercises, their muscle gain was obvious. Rather than those who were engaged and paid attention to isolation. The first group of people clearly progressed better)

The only thing I think you guys are saying is that compounds hit more muscles at the same time, thus stimulating more of them simultaneously, which helps them repair and grow around the same time/frequency. So for example, doing bench press, you are hitting chest, shoulders, and triceps... Just doing them for enough time, suddenly all three muscles grow together, making your entire upper body seem more "massive." But I'm saying you can train each muscle separately and get just as massive, without the risk of injury using heavy weights, and barbells which limit ROM. I still do chest presses with dumbells and also decline hammer machine; I no longer do incline or regular barbell bench.
Again, no one says that individual characteristics should not be taken into account. Again, by nature, some muscle groups respond better to stress than others.

Back