• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Thigh Experience

vg is more towards the posterior then anterior
ns_v18_n25_3560_0003.jpg

Code:
https://journals.rcni.com/nursing-standard/using-the-ventrogluteal-site-for-intramuscular-injection-ns2004.03.18.25.39.c3560

It at least feels more posterior when i pin it. Its the gluteus medius.

it feels more posterior for me. But yes tgat is the spot

ns_v18_n25_3560_0003.jpg

Code:
https://journals.rcni.com/nursing-standard/using-the-ventrogluteal-site-for-intramuscular-injection-ns2004.03.18.25.39.c3560
How close can you get to the top of illiac crest and how much would you rotate that hand so it's more of a posterior injection. The current picture makes it seem like you would be injecting into the tensor fascia latae.

Wi
How close can you get to the top of illiac crest and how much would you rotate that hand so it's more of a posterior injection. The current picture makes it seem like you would be injecting into the tensor fascia latae.
With that picture its more where the ring finger is. On me it pops nicely when i flex it. Just did my first two there. So far so good, once i found it.

Wi

With that picture its more where the ring finger is. On me it pops nicely when i flex it. Just did my first two there. So far so good, once i found it.
Finding it is the hard part. I was going to try the vg on Monday but wasn't comfortable. So I went for a quad shot again and this time everything went smooth. I'm going to try to find some videos of a vg injection before I try it.

It really depends on your individual anatomy and how straight you stand during injection.

The idea is to hit right behind the TFL.

Finding it is the hard part. I was going to try the vg on Monday but wasn't comfortable. So I went for a quad shot again and this time everything went smooth. I'm going to try to find some videos of a vg injection before I try it.
It took me 3 years to gather the confidence and pin VG, because i was confused on location.

ventroglute is also known as the gluteus medius. The gluteus medius is labeled better on antatomy charts

I love thigh injections. Only the side never the top of the thigh. I use 27g half inch for 1cc more than that and I use 25g 1inch.

It really depends on your individual anatomy and how straight you stand during injection.

The idea is to hit right behind the TFL.
It feels almost like individual muscle fibers, like bands of striations. Maybe I am too close to the TFL? I will try pinning further away from the TFL, right where the muscle smoothens out and let everyone know tomorrow. Thanks.

Did you all try pinning random points of your upper buttocks? I did it for 9 weeks straight, and got no problems with MCT brewed stuff... 3 x week, switching everytime from left to right..

And this is a pic of my glorious ass.. I love it

C18FDB56-3B19-4893-9E4A-9819125C2B86.jpeg

It feels almost like individual muscle fibers, like bands of striations. Maybe I am too close to the TFL? I will try pinning further away from the TFL, right where the muscle smoothens out and let everyone know tomorrow. Thanks.
There are two videos on youtube that showed it perfectly. The second just follow with feeling it. With the second one you can feel it yourself and then just go a couple inches posterior. @skinnyprimate

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VDw1EVbp5kY

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OcgbDHbD1w0

So when I have a vial that causes pip ive noticed it causes more pip in larger muscle groups. Like I pin my delts its fine then quads are always the worst. I rotate both quads in my pin schedule. Ive also noticed they are more sensitive to like if I work out or have a tough day at work and pin they become more inflamed than other sites. I just like doing them because they are the easiest site to pin for me. I have such bad reaction to solvents and ba I have to have like 6 sites.

I'll give you a little tip for hitting the VG: stick your leg out to the side and flex it. Now take the cap of your drawing needle and press the back of it onto the muscle that will pop out near the crest of your hip (before you swab the site with alcohol). It will leave a little red ring. Pin that spot.

Once you get the hang of it it's easy and VGs are great because even if you get PIP, it doesn't tend to interfere with your workout.
Dood idk if I will ever pin vg again! I did a vg injection and the pain and tightness was so bad! Its like that muscle didnt even work. I got a knee injury squatting because it had me off balance. Now I will admit that the gear was pretty stingy but still i always have pain and popping in that knee now because my hip was so tight that day

There are two videos on youtube that showed it perfectly. The second just follow with feeling it. With the second one you can feel it yourself and then just go a couple inches posterior. @skinnyprimate

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VDw1EVbp5kY

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OcgbDHbD1w0

I tried and may not gone far enough back or deep enough I only used a 1/2" with 20mL test p 20mL NPP and 40mL Tren ace. This was 3 days ago. Probably sitting in the subq tissue lol.

FWIW, I just came across this thread while searching for thigh injection pain. I did 200mg cyp (1ml) in right outer lower thigh and 150mg nandrolone in my left outer lower thigh, and I had the same issue. It was my first time in quads. That was wednesday, it's saturday and now I can finally squat down or use my quads at all without wincing in serious pain. I'll try them again after reading here that a lot of times they hurt the most the first time. Also FWIW, I swear I had better uptake of the juice this shot compared normal (in glutes). Sex drive was immediately off the charts. how bout that for a confusing anecdote. Maybe it was just because of all the pain...??

FWIW, I just came across this thread while searching for thigh injection pain. I did 200mg cyp (1ml) in right outer lower thigh and 150mg nandrolone in my left outer lower thigh, and I had the same issue. It was my first time in quads. That was wednesday, it's saturday and now I can finally squat down or use my quads at all without wincing in serious pain. I'll try them again after reading here that a lot of times they hurt the most the first time. Also FWIW, I swear I had better uptake of the juice this shot compared normal (in glutes). Sex drive was immediately off the charts. how bout that for a confusing anecdote. Maybe it was just because of all the pain...??
If its the first time pinning an area, its virgin muscle pip. So you usually would slowly intoduce a compound to avoid this. Like if i pin a new site, i will use .5mL of a low concentration like .5 mL of test cyp 200. Then do that 2 x a week apart. Then up to 1mL stay there for 3 weeks, then 1.5 mL for a bit. Then it wont happen. “Warm” the muscle up.

How deep can you go with VG site? I hold the most fat on my body there. Is there any nerves?

How deep can you go with VG site? I hold the most fat on my body there. Is there any nerves?
The closest nerves are under the gluteus muscles, so you'd have to really go deep and be in the wrong spot to hit them. There aren't any large veins or nerves to worry about with the VG (that's actually why people started using the VG instead of the dorsogluteal muscle--to reduce risk of hitting the sciatic nerve).

Personally I use a half inch needle for VGs, like everything else. I have very little fat there though, I believe most people use a 1" needle for the area. For VG you really shouldn't ever hit a nerve or vein, there's nothing there as long as you're in the right spot. I had a friend have another friend show him where the VGs are and circle them in pen so that he could cement it into his brain over a few days exactly where they are. For anyone who is struggling with finding the site, I think this is actually a very good idea as it allows you to look in the mirror and see it repeatedly for 3 days or so until the pen comes off. I think he might have ONLY pinned VGs for like 3 weeks too just to get the practice in.

I pin VGs laying down. It is just easier for me, especially because when using luer-lock syringes I always leave a tiny air bubble at the top of the needle to ensure I am not leaving/wasting any oil in the syringe, and laying down makes sure the bubble stays at the top since the needle is then vertical. With this method I never waste more than a single drop or two of my precious oils.

Here is a solid picture of the site for you

And this one, for extreme medical accuracy :D