Tips for Reducing PIP (Post Injection Pain)

Yeah man I'm glad u guys chimed n with all these great ideas. Not tryin to b a ball licker here but I'm so happy that I stumbled across this forum acouple of months ago. This site with all of its members is by far the best I've came across. Also ... Can't remember his handle but someone posted a really good thread earlier today about how to combat issues regarding PIP. Personally I found it very informative

Never worked for me.. Tried everything possible and same deal.. With pharma and ugl.. Shooting 2-3ml prop at once was fine tho lol

Never worked for me.. Tried everything possible and same deal.. With pharma and ugl.. Shooting 2-3ml prop at once was fine tho lol
Funny you say that. I was discussing this phenomenon with a friend earlier today. We both have noticed PIP is far more severe if you mix compounds in one shot.

For example 3CCs of prop is much milder than 1.5CCs of prop. and 1.5CCs EQ, for example. Why? I don't know. He seemed to think it was your body reacting poorly to the different esters.

Anyone else wanna chime in on this?

Monday I pinned my new supply of pharmacom test e and their 500mg EQ. I have used their high concentration mix 3 before which was fine but did leave a nice lump for a short time but little pain. This time I warmed the syringe in body temp water for two minutes. I couldn't even tell where I pinned after I was done. No pain no lump.

I've been thru all the throws of dealing with pip. All the same steps you mentioned wunderpus!

I will say the MOST IMPORTANT treatment for pip is a brewer that ACTUALLY filters the gear.

Once I found a good brewer I've never ever had to repeat any of those steps. Pin and go about life. Gotta appreciate some one who knows how to brew!

Hello bro, i know this is old but, have you tried to filter your own gear? Right now i am dealing with some bad pip and i do have some filter needles at home, some one just mentioned that it would help if you do that.

For me it also makes a bit difference when I don't use the same needle to draw and pin. I now use a 22g to draw, and a 25 x 5/8" to inject.

I think using a brand new needle and pricking the appropriate size gauge makes all the difference.

All the little tricks combined together makes for smooth pins and less pip.

I have a vial of prop with a bunch of stopper pieces in it. I'v never filtered gear before. For that reasoning, would any brand of syringe filter be ok? I know home brewers always seem to use whatmans, but I only need to filter like 5 ml.

Maybe in this thread. But I did just read EQ reduces pip here on meso. Did some research and a lot says it does. So not from my experience but from my research eq helps with pip.

Nice post good info!! Not hijacking the post just quick question for everyone, generally how many cc max should you inject into your delt. Last cycle I did 1.3cc in delts without an issue. Just wondering general rule of thumb from people's experience

I think this will fit in good with this thread. Here are some reasons why pip happens.

It can be caused by using the wrong gauge pin. Moving around the needle while injecting. Hitting the wrong spot. Are you pulling your gear out of the bottle with the same needle you pin with? This dulls the needle and will cause pain. Especially if you are mixing two ml of different compounds from different bottles. Every time that syringe goes in and out of a bottle you are dulling it. Of course incorrect mixtures of gear can cause it.
PIP comes from trauma at the injection site (unsteady injects/dull needles) plus the amount of BA/BB concentrations used. BA and BB hurt because they are solvents and cause irritation at the site no matter what. Ugl gear has higher concentrations of these because its not made in a sterile environment. For example, Pfizer test I have uses 0.09% BA while my Ugl is around 2%.

To sum it up, it has a direct correlation to the BB and BA but it can vary from person to person and compound to compound. This comes from my research.

You can also have a different kind of pain that comes from barotrauma. That's from injecting too much into a particular area, or too quickly into the muscle. There are a lot of factors that go into determining PIP, so a lot of what others say above is also correct.

Immediate pain is usually caused by barotrauma. Soreness the next day is usually due to solvents. Hope this helps someone know why pip is what it is.......

Maybe in this thread. But I did just read EQ reduces pip here on meso. Did some research and a lot says it does. So not from my experience but from my research eq helps with pip.
EQ and Deca both are great for cutting potent test. Or just use the same oil the gear was brewed with. Like grapeseed or whatever. Can be found cheap.
I have a vial of prop with a bunch of stopper pieces in it. I'v never filtered gear before. For that reasoning, would any brand of syringe filter be ok? I know home brewers always seem to use whatmans, but I only need to filter like 5 ml.
Yes, i use whatmans. Dont know what they go for now but i was paying a little less than $5 a filter. I have the .22 which is a LESS porous filter than the .45. Filters more contaminants.

Their designed to fit over a syringe barrel like a luer lock and push the gear thru the filter in to a container. But that requires more effort than what i needed to filter a vial or two. I had good luck using the filter in reverse. Attach the filter to the syringe barrel and attach a draw needle to the filter and it can be pulled backwards thru the filter for small amounts in to the syringe. Ready to be used immediately