Trouble with reconstituting peptides

Luke391

Am I supposed to put air into the vial or not? If I do put air in it the liquid becomes very thick and hard to draw and I'm afraid I destroyed the peptide but if I do not put air in the vial and just put water then I cannot draw the peptide into the syringe because there is a vacum in the vial and can't pull back the plunger. Any help?

Also I always get air bubbles in the syringe even if I draw with the vial upside down.

Am I supposed to put air into the vial or not? If I do put air in it the liquid becomes very thick and hard to draw and I'm afraid I destroyed the peptide but if I do not put air in the vial and just put water then I cannot draw the peptide into the syringe because there is a vacum in the vial and can't pull back the plunger. Any help?

Also I always get air bubbles in the syringe even if I draw with the vial upside down.
I think you are overthinking this.

I pull the plunger in empty syringe to the mark that I intend to use to inject myself with. Then I put in the vial and fill it with that amount of air. Then I draw my dose. I think you are doing this part the same to deal with the vacuum.

Sometimes a small air bubble still remains and I cannot get rid of it either. I try to get rid of air by turning it upside down and flicking the syringe and pushing the excess air out. Whatever remains, oh well… we tried here.

You are likely pinning sub-q or IM. The concern of injecting air is really for IV injection unless you are gonna pin a whole syringe of air. Also, excess air throws off the accuracy of your dosage.

Are you even having any adverse reactions at your injections sites?

I think you are overthinking this.

I pull the plunger in empty syringe to the mark that I intend to use to inject myself with. Then I put in the vial and fill it with that amount of air. Then I draw my dose. I think you are doing this part the same to deal with the vacuum.

Sometimes a small air bubble still remains and I cannot get rid of it either. I try to get rid of air by turning it upside down and flicking the syringe and pushing the excess air out. Whatever remains, oh well… we tried here.

You are likely pinning sub-q or IM. The concern of injecting air is really for IV injection unless you are gonna pin a whole syringe of air. Also, excess air throws off the accuracy of your dosage.

Are you even having any adverse reactions at your injections sites?
thank you, it's the first time I use anything and messed up a vial of ghrp2 so that why I posted this. I don't have any issues at the injection sites, it gets a little red after injection but there is no pain and it goes away after 30min. my issue is that the ghrp2 became very thick and don't know of I destroyed the peptide or if it is still good

Inject the water then leave the needle in and pull the syringe off. It will get rid of the vacuum. You get the idea

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 20.07.56.png

Really depends on the vial. Some companies take air out of it on purpose, and some have extra air in them.

As shown above you can just put a needle by itself into the top and it will zero-out the air pressure. After that you can just replace what you’re taking out. If you’re drawing up 0.5, then start by injecting 0.5 of air.

I wouldn’t make it a point to inject a lot more air into water-based mixtures off the rip though. Last time I did, it had way too much air already, and the rubber top popped off and spilled it all out. Might’ve been a freak accident but I learned my lesson lol

Stick a needle with no syringe in the top of the vial. Then inject BAC water with another needle/syringe. Then remove both. Voila.

Inject the water then leave the needle in and pull the syringe off. It will get rid of the vacuum. You get the idea

View attachment 281162
I use an insulin syringe and after I inject the water I leave the syringe in and I pull the plunger all the way out to remove the vacuum in the vial it will suck air in to equalize. From there it’s much easier to draw from the vial without fighting the pressure

If I get a bubble in the vial after injecting it with a quantity of air, I withdraw the needle and the bubble disappears. I then reinsert the needle with the plunger all the way down and withdraw the desired amount of liquid.

Back