USA Discounted Blood work

Anyone else use callondoc? $30 for a telehealth doctor to submit for whatever selection of their offered tests you want and it's billed to your insurance.

They aren't partnered with quest, but you can submit whatever testing facility and I've used them with quest.

Anyone else use callondoc? $30 for a telehealth doctor to submit for whatever selection of their offered tests you want and it's billed to your insurance.

They aren't partnered with quest, but you can submit whatever testing facility and I've used them with quest.
Do they use in-network docs? I had a bad surprise with LabCorp once when the doc was out of network.

Do they use in-network docs? I had a bad surprise with LabCorp once when the doc was out of network.
Callondoc's doctor is covered in its entirety with their $30 fee.

The prescription for the lab tests are the only thing submitted to insurance so what you end up paying quest or whichever lab is based on your copay/coverage.

Are there new tests being offered with the addition of quest?
Pretty much the same tests as the LabCorp offering except for some of the Quest CardioIQ versions. Testosterone is uncapped where regular serum Test on LC is capped at 1500 and LC/MS LabCrop test is capped at 2500. Fitomics often adds additional biomarkers upon request.

The prescription for the lab tests are the only thing submitted to insurance so what you end up paying quest or whichever lab is based on your copay/coverage.
Sure, I understand the $30 fee, but it's wise to check the insurance policy because there can be a huge difference in lab coverage depending on whether the doc who ordered the labs is in network or not and whether the doctor is in the same state as the lab you used. Mine went from usually 100% covered to LabCorp demanding $1700 because they insisted the doc was out of state and out of network because of an old database entry.

Sure, I understand the $30 fee, but it's wise to check the insurance policy because there can be a huge difference in lab coverage depending on whether the doc who ordered the labs is in network or not and whether the doctor is in the same state as the lab you used. Mine went from usually 100% covered to LabCorp demanding $1700 because they insisted the doc was out of state and out of network because of an old database entry.
Yeah, definitely.

Insurance dependent for sure but if one's insurance covers it, seems like the best option cost wise.

Hopefully you got that absurd bill dealt with. Sounds stressful.

Back