Very high E2 on blood test but no symptoms

Blues

I have been on 150mg of Test C, 3 shots of 50mg per week for 8 months now and I was shocked today that my e2 had shot up to 103pg/ml but the surprising thing is that I don't have any symptoms. Total Testosterone is 1400ng/dl though so do I lower the weekly dose anyway and see how it goes? Or just ignore the e2 level as long as there are symptoms like most experts say online?

Your Total T is solid at 1400 ng/dl, ...so if you’re feeling good, there might not be a need to lower your dose just yet. I suggest focusing more on how you feel rather than chasing specific numbers...

There's no evidence that high estrogen levels 2+ times out of the reference range have any benefits for males, either on how body works or in their physical appearance.

There's evidence though showing negative aspects at that high e2 levels, despite you're not "feeling" any sides. So, I'd suggest to get it down to male optimal levels. At least to high end of range, there's no need to go on the opposite direction of course. You could either lower your dose If you wanna do a true trt or start taking an aromatase inhibitor.

If you’re feeling good you might prefer to put your time, effort, and money into other healthy endeavours.

Or you could stay on your current dose of testosterone for 3 months, then check your thyroid, lipids, FBC, and get an average of your blood pressure. Lower your testosterone dose, then wait 3 months and retest everything again and ask yourself “do i feel better, and are my biomarkers better?”

If your biomarkers are not improved, and if you are not feeling significantly better, then you know that lower T isn’t the answer.

You could also take an AI instead of lowering the T to assess whether it’s the lower T or lower E2 having the effect.

Your T is only slightly above range, but your E2 is way above range. So lowering your T to the point where your e2 is in range will likely necessitate having babby levels of T.

If I was you, I’d go with a low dose of an AI first to isolate the change to just an estradiol change. You may not want to confuse matters by lowering your T and E2.

Unfortunately there isn’t a clear cut answer on this like there is with other biomarkers like cholesterol. Like a blind man at an orgy, you’re going to have to feel things out.

There's evidence though showing negative aspects at that high e2 levels, despite you're not "feeling" any sides.
There’s no evidence that high e2 in the presence of high T is bad. Only that high e2 is bad with normal T

There’s no evidence that high e2 in the presence of high T is bad. Only that high e2 is bad with normal T

Oh, i think there is. Trying to dial in e2 with a "ratio" is broscience, e2 must always kept inside the reference range. You can search Kurt Havens for this topic and i'm pretty sure you will find the citations. He explains it very well.

Oh, i think there is. Trying to dial in e2 with a "ratio" is broscience, e2 must always kept inside the reference range. You can search Kurt Havens for this topic and i'm pretty sure you will find the citations. He explains it very well.
Done some googling and I’m not getting any answers. Any tips on where I should look exactly?

At 300mg TE per week, 100iu HCG per day, and 2.5mg anastrozole a week my E2 is still out of range. I’d love to justify taking 3.5mg anastrozole per week.

I have been researching and listening to doctors and experts online, the vast majority assert that e2 is very much promotional to Testosterone. So basically high Testosterone would almost always result in high e2. The reference range that labs go by is based on an average Testosterone levels. The doctor who founded "excelmale" i forgot his name asserts that a good approximate of the ratio is 0.4 of Testosterone aromatize to Estrogen.

Done some googling and I’m not getting any answers. Any tips on where I should look exactly?

I follow him on Instagram and quite often he shares pubmed stuff and generally plenty of research on estrogens, androgens etc.. just hours ago he shared a research showing correlation of high estradiol and COVID lol. I can't search for all the stuff he posted but here's a link to one of his videos and below a screenshot from his Instagram

View: https://youtu.be/9Epz3Qr1eH4

Attachments

• IMG_20240824_170754.jpg
    IMG_20240824_170754.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 4

I watched the video. Was a good watch. But he gives nothing but anecdotes. He says “you want your e2 in range because that’s what the range is for” at 27:50. But earlier in the video he says that there’s no evidence of what your e2 should be when your T is high. So which is it?

He even says that if your T is above range you probably want your e2 at the upper limit of the range. So he clearly believes somewhat that high T necessitates high E2

I can go watch another video from another dude who says you wanna adhere to a e2:T ratio, and I don’t trust them either.

There’s no evidence on this either way, except one study that’s says supraphysiological e2 is better for sexual function in men. But I don’t trust that study too much.

Last edited:
For true TRT a lower dose is in order. If you content with running a low dose cycle forever then managing E2 would be what i would do. Studies i have seen point to even high normal range may not be optimal for long term health. So i keep my E2 well within range. There are no good studies i have seen with regards to E2 levels and men's health. But i just go with the best data i can find.

For true TRT a lower dose is in order. If you content with running a low dose cycle forever then managing E2 would be what i would do. Studies i have seen point to even high normal range may not be optimal for long term health. So i keep my E2 well within range. There are no good studies i have seen with regards to E2 levels and men's health. But i just go with the best data i can find.
If you’re keeping your e2 in range, what’s your total T?

I watched the video. Was a good watch. But he gives nothing but anecdotes. He says “you want your e2 in range because that’s what the range is for” at 27:50. But earlier in the video he says that there’s no evidence of what your e2 should be when your T is high. So which is it?

He even says that if your T is above range you probably want your e2 at the upper limit of the range. So he clearly believes somewhat that high T necessitates high E2

I can go watch another video from another dude who says you wanna adhere to a e2:T ratio, and I don’t trust them either.

There’s no evidence on this either way, except one study that’s says supraphysiological e2 is better for sexual function in men. But I don’t trust that study too much.

Brother, staying in the upper range is fine. Staying a little over the range again i believe it's fine. There's not cuttoff which in case you exceed it you're gonna have immediate problems.

Although, there are plenty of guys when pass a certain number of lets say 60-70 they break out with acne, they hold water, their dick doesn't work, their nipples hurt etc.

I was completely fine with 106 e2 and 1450 TT, no symptoms at all. But it's far from optimal and as soon as i did bloodwork i took care of it. Higher estrogens equal increased risk of prostate cancer (especially with high DHT levels) bigger chances to store fat in hips, thighs and belly.

Sponsors