[Video] China's doped ascent to sports superpower

Michael Scally MD

Doctor of Medicine
10+ Year Member
China's doped ascent to sports superpower
http://www.sportschau.de/doping/doping-chinesische-aerztin-fluechtet-102.html

All medals won by Chinese athletes in the 1980s and 1990s should be withdrawn, demands Xue Yinxian.

The doctor knows sport in China from the inside, and reports systematic doping.

The system of doping, according to Xue Yinxian, extended far beyond the national teams. Even in regional teams, this type of cheating in athletics is the order of the day. "It must have been more than 10,000 people. They believed only in doping. Taking doping substances means defending your country, they said. If you are against doping, you are a danger to the country. And anyone who is in prison ", the physician reports.

Doping controls in China at one time, reports Xue Yinxian: to make sure that athletes could travel to competitions without being caught. The real inspectors were then unable to prove anything.

Xue Yinxian says that it is not the case. She was asked to treat a top athlete with doping substances ahead of the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games. The doctor said: "I want to be a doping-free zone. I refused to inject a well-known athlete with doping substances. After that, I was no longer allowed to lead my team. In 1988, I still had the national gymnastics team to the Olympic Games in Seoul. After the gymnasts had competed, I was immediately isolated. I was not allowed to treat any more athletes. "

Back