VISION PROBLEMS and clomid

taser

are vision problems with clomid permanant? is it blurred vision ?
can nolvadex or arimadex cause this as well?
will clomid do this at 50 mgs for only 3 weeks?

are vision problems with clomid permanant? is it blurred vision ?
can nolvadex or arimadex cause this as well?
will clomid do this at 50 mgs for only 3 weeks?

Visual problems with clomiphene are a known side effect. They will disappear with a decrease in dosage or discontinuation. Visual symptoms include blurred vision, lights, floaters, waves, unspecified visual complaints, photophobia, diplopia, scotomata, and phosphenes. I have had patients complain of these side effects within days of taking clomiphene.

Dr. these side effects with clomid are always REVERSIBLE?
do they ever happen with nolvadex or arimadex?

Dr. these side effects with clomid are always REVERSIBLE?
do they ever happen with nolvadex or arimadex?

In my clinical experience, I have not had anyone of recollection complain of visual problems with either tamoxifen or AIs. However, the package insert includes ocular disturbances, including corneal changes, decrement in color vision perception, retinal vein thrombosis, and retinopathy in patients receiving tamoxifen.

The Eyes Have It! Tamoxifen Maculopathy Revisited

Nair AG, Das D, Goyal A, Gandhi RA. The Eyes Have It! Tamoxifen Maculopathy Revisited: A Case Report. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/jop.2012.0050? (The Eyes Have It! Tamoxifen Maculopathy Revisited: A Case Report | Abstract)

Purpose: To report tamoxifen crystalline maculopathy in an 80-year-old patient and to review the ocular side effects of oral tamoxifen.

Methods: We report a case of an 80-year-old female patient who presented to our ophthalmic institute with gradual progressive painless diminution of vision in both eyes. She had a history of surgery for breast cancer following which she had been treated with oral tamoxifen citrate for 2 years before presentation.

Results: Our patient had profound visual impairment in both eyes. The anterior segments were found to be normal; in particular, the corneas were clear; the intraocular pressures in both eyes were 12?mm Hg. The perimacular region in both eyes showed deposits of multiple, fine crystalline material. Color vision was found to be impaired in both eyes and optical coherence tomography (OCT) confirmed the diagnosis of tamoxifen-induced maculopathy.

Conclusion: Tamoxifen is a selective estrogen receptor modulator widely used in the treatment of hormone-responsive breast cancer. Ocular complications are rare with tamoxifen therapy and include cataract, vortex keratopathy, optic neuritis, and retinopathy. Crystalline maculopathy is one of the rare side effects of long-term tamoxifen use, which can be detected by noninvasive diagnostic tools such as OCT. Our patient is the oldest such patient reported in literature. Patients receiving tamoxifen therapy must be informed about the potential side-effects, and the need for serial ophthalmic examination to detect early signs of toxicity.

So then you are saying that if you used it this long - it may not be. So I am wondering is this condition associated with the SHORT TERM scenarios? Thunder.... Lighting..... U fill in the rest....:drooling:

De Buuuuoooozzzz.... Es Oooonnnnn... How do you say... Ze E Sai Qua.... Ehh?

Last edited:
I only took Clomid for 10 days but at a healthy dose. Day 7 I noticed some floaters and difficulty with visual acuity at times but by day 8 all seemed fine again. No lasting visual issues.

I've been on it for a month now and no visual issues at 25mgs a day. Only issue I have is absolutely zero libido!

One day of 100mg and next day I wake up, I will notice
trails from objects.. Kind of like tripping on acid.

These trails usually only happen when I wake and am tired
like when I wake up middle of the night or morning.

They go away during the day..

Back