Weed.

Triceposaurus

I hope this isn't breaking any rules but (mods/admin) please delete and I apologise for my mistake if I stepped on toes.

I read a post on here about Indica and Sativa and the different mental effects but in the days I used to smoke ganja none of this info existed. We only had 2 types of weed in resin form here (Hard Rocky or Soft Black) and Skunk (the herb) was very hard to get.

I've been reading a lot lately about "strains" of weed but it's a bit confusing.
Any help? I need a simple education :)
Not looking for sources !!!

I can’t imagine there not being 39749 in depth articles on google regarding this that go into great detail.

IMO strain effects only exist when a cultivator is really trying to tease out the intricacies of the chemotype and understands the plants genetics, or in a man made blend using isolates. Most commercial weed now a days is TYPE1, grown for high THC% and though the strain names might be different effects are usually all the same. Here are a couple graphs that show some simple chemotypes with their respective general cannabinoid
profiles.

1704576335358.png1704576362505.png

There was point in time I really got into minor cannabinoids; CBN,CBG,CBC,THCV,CBD ect. and got into making blends at different ratios. With controlling the amounts yourself you can really experience these "satvia" and "indica" effects people talk about. Δ9 thc+cbn+cbc acted like a true "indica" with effects of sleepiness and couchlock ,and Δ9thc+thcV+cbg, felt like a stereotypical "sativa" with an stimulating high and alert disposition where I preferred moving around rather than sitting. These effects can be found in boutique flower though to a lesser extent generally with a lower thc % that would put off most users that want a high. If you really want different effects for a purpose I would use isolate blends. There is some deliberation if terpenes can play a part on the high, I personally have never felt a difference no matter how far I go on any edge of the spectrum. To me terpenes just affect the taste/smell.

Edit
One of the best examples I can use that people here might have experienced is that weed when left to oxidize the more time it sits, the more thc turns to cbn. This would produce classic indica effects.1704578622541.png

Last edited:
Tbh the guy who posted above went into way more detail but I’ve been a fan of mary jane for years both smokin eatin it growin it so if you have specific questions just lmk n I can help out, the general consensus is that sativa = more energising/trippy head high n indica = more relaxing/chill body high but it’s very nuanced and they do have a bazillion different effects, as much as I agree that weed is weed the different strains do have hugely different effects on people (for example one of my favourites is Granddaddy Purple as it’s chill af n has a dope body high n I also really fw blue dream which is more sativa leaning hybrid but still very relaxing, some more ‘hype’ strains are like Durban poison or green crack those are straight up sativas to smoke during the day, same with the good ol Dutch hazes be it super silver, lemon or amnesia haze they are real good n I used to love em when I lived in Amsterdam). Everyone thinks Dam weed is super strong but tbh it ain’t shit compared to American weed be it rec or med, I think if you’re looking for a specific effect write what you would want n most people, myself included, could help you find stuff that suits you. I didn’t get into all the newer strains like runtz n all the cookie variations etc… just cos it’d be a fkin wall of text but yeah if you go to a dispensary in your area they could help you out too (idk where u at but it’s legal in most of the states n many places in the world)

IMO strain effects only exist when a cultivator is really trying to tease out the intricacies of the chemotype and understands the plants genetics, or in a man made blend using isolates. Most commercial weed now a days is TYPE1, grown for high THC% and though the strain names might be different effects are usually all the same. Here are a couple graphs that show some simple chemotypes with their respective general cannabinoid
profiles.

View attachment 274169View attachment 274170

There was point in time I really got into minor cannabinoids; CBN,CBG,CBC,THCV,CBD ect. and got into making blends at different ratios. With controlling the amounts yourself you can really experience these "satvia" and "indica" effects people talk about. Δ9 thc+cbn+cbc acted like a true "indica" with effects of sleepiness and couchlock ,and Δ9thc+thcV+cbg, felt like a stereotypical "sativa" with an stimulating high and alert disposition where I preferred moving around rather than sitting. These effects can be found in boutique flower though to a lesser extent generally with a lower thc % that would put off most users that want a high. If you really want different effects for a purpose I would use isolate blends. There is some deliberation if terpenes can play a part on the high, I personally have never felt a difference no matter how far I go on any edge of the spectrum. To me terpenes just affect the taste/smell.

Edit
One of the best examples I can use that people here might have experienced is that weed when left to oxidize the more time it sits, the more thc turns to cbn. This would produce classic indica effects.View attachment 274175

That was a really helpful post. Thanks for taking the time.

Tbh the guy who posted above went into way more detail but I’ve been a fan of mary jane for years both smokin eatin it growin it so if you have specific questions just lmk n I can help out, the general consensus is that sativa = more energising/trippy head high n indica = more relaxing/chill body high but it’s very nuanced and they do have a bazillion different effects, as much as I agree that weed is weed the different strains do have hugely different effects on people (for example one of my favourites is Granddaddy Purple as it’s chill af n has a dope body high n I also really fw blue dream which is more sativa leaning hybrid but still very relaxing, some more ‘hype’ strains are like Durban poison or green crack those are straight up sativas to smoke during the day, same with the good ol Dutch hazes be it super silver, lemon or amnesia haze they are real good n I used to love em when I lived in Amsterdam). Everyone thinks Dam weed is super strong but tbh it ain’t shit compared to American weed be it rec or med, I think if you’re looking for a specific effect write what you would want n most people, myself included, could help you find stuff that suits you. I didn’t get into all the newer strains like runtz n all the cookie variations etc… just cos it’d be a fkin wall of text but yeah if you go to a dispensary in your area they could help you out too (idk where u at but it’s legal in most of the states n many places in the world)

Very helpful. I'm in UK so it probably won't be easy getting exactly what I want but it sounds like Indica strains are what I need as I'm not interested in getting high. I just need something that will really mellow me out and help me sleep better/longer. I used to smoke quite a lot of weed back in the late 1990s but tbh it ended up making me paranoid and messed with my head and I don't want those feelings again. Any further info you can give me would be great. I've been researching legal CBD oils here in UK that don't have much THC but I think these might be a waste of time and money and won't actually do anything to help me relax/sleep.

I hope this isn't breaking any rules but (mods/admin) please delete and I apologise for my mistake if I stepped on toes.

I read a post on here about Indica and Sativa and the different mental effects but in the days I used to smoke ganja none of this info existed. We only had 2 types of weed in resin form here (Hard Rocky or Soft Black) and Skunk (the herb) was very hard to get.

I've been reading a lot lately about "strains" of weed but it's a bit confusing.
Any help? I need a simple education :)
Not looking for sources !!!
Doesn't matter what strain or sub-species it is, it is going to make my heart race, mouth dry, hungry as hell, extremely anxious, and gives me insomnia. I quit for 3 years and started back and it developed a completely new effect on my body and mind that was the opposite of when I used to be a smoker, where an eighth per day and a couple dab hits were normal I tried it a number of times since that initial reaction, but same thing happens every time body how much I invest, so I stopped fucking with it again. It made my workout sucks, I didn't like when my wife did it. Sex wasn't good. If it works for you for whatever you're using for, you're a big boy, I just share my experience over what can happen in a short time of abstinence. Your body might say fuck that shit.

Very helpful. I'm in UK so it probably won't be easy getting exactly what I want but it sounds like Indica strains are what I need as I'm not interested in getting high. I just need something that will really mellow me out and help me sleep better/longer. I used to smoke quite a lot of weed back in the late 1990s but tbh it ended up making me paranoid and messed with my head and I don't want those feelings again. Any further info you can give me would be great. I've been researching legal CBD oils here in UK that don't have much THC but I think these might be a waste of time and money and won't actually do anything to help me relax/sleep.
Oh bruv where u at? I grew up inna uk n can maybe point you in the right places it’s not too hard to find (especially London shit they pretty much throw sum stardawg at u in Camden or anywhere where malis run stuff ahah) but yo definitely give the CBD n CBN products a try, they are a game changer for people who get paranoid or anxious while smoking strong THC weed, plus they actually synergize quite well (look up the entourage effect) and if you try even just a CBD product on its own you should feel a good amt of relaxation so just add it to any normal weed you smoke n u could manage the high a lot better, some are a waste of money but tbh most are legit and worth a try as the benefits are very high (no pun intended) with cannabidiol cannabinol etc…

Doesn't matter what strain or sub-species it is, it is going to make my heart race, mouth dry, hungry as hell, extremely anxious, and gives me insomnia. I quit for 3 years and started back and it developed a completely new effect on my body and mind that was the opposite of when I used to be a smoker, where an eighth per day and a couple dab hits were normal I tried it a number of times since that initial reaction, but same thing happens every time body how much I invest, so I stopped fucking with it again. It made my workout sucks, I didn't like when my wife did it. Sex wasn't good. If it works for you for whatever you're using for, you're a big boy, I just share my experience over what can happen in a short time of abstinence. Your body might say fuck that shit.
Bro ofc it did that if you dabbed after a layoff but I know what you mean, if I smoke too much these days I get pretty anxious n I used to chief fat fkin blunts daily it’s actually very common especially among veteran smokers to have this happen after years (usually when you become an adult which is the opposite of what we would actually want it to be ahah but oh well) you should still try to do the CBD/CBN route and mix a lil bit of THC with it as I’ve found that can actually let you enjoy the high without going too extra but that’s just a suggestion, imo if you don’t like it you don’t like it so it’s not something that one NEEDS to do but it’s worth trying just for the sleep n food benefits

if you are on cycle
consider marijuana could impact your prolactin levels
this is individual dependent
Yeah this has lots of conflicting research as it’s usually only the case when the individual doesn’t smoke regularly (and the levels go back to baseline rather quickly) but yeah still good to avoid elevating prolactin regardless so it’s very dependent on person to person

Yeah this has lots of conflicting research as it’s usually only the case when the individual doesn’t smoke regularly (and the levels go back to baseline rather quickly) but yeah still good to avoid elevating prolactin regardless so it’s very dependent on person to person
Especially if using GH, I use rather high amounts of thc when in a massing phase for apatite and if I throw in GH at over 3.5iu a day instead of slowly ramping up the gh I get some prolactin gyno. If I go up 1 iu a week, I can use as much thc and gh as I want without issue. Again individual dependent.

Bro ofc it did that if you dabbed after a layoff but I know what you mean, if I smoke too much these days I get pretty anxious n I used to chief fat fkin blunts daily it’s actually very common especially among veteran smokers to have this happen after years (usually when you become an adult which is the opposite of what we would actually want it to be ahah but oh well) you should still try to do the CBD/CBN route and mix a lil bit of THC with it as I’ve found that can actually let you enjoy the high without going too extra but that’s just a suggestion, imo if you don’t like it you don’t like it so it’s not something that one NEEDS to do but it’s worth trying just for the sleep n food benefits
Oh no, I totally misworded that if I said I dialed after layoff. I used to do it a lot before my layofff. I definitely used to be a vet smoker. I didn't realize that the anxiety was as common as it is. I will give your recommendation a try though! Maybe it won't be as bad.

yea i had to stop too, i started getting paranoid everytime all of a sudden. I think it was after a shroom trip that ruined it for me for good.

As i used to be very interested in the capacities it had and all the info.

yea i had to stop too, i started getting paranoid everytime all of a sudden. I think it was after a shroom trip that ruined it for me for good.

As i used to be very interested in the capacities it had and all the info.
Interested in the capacity of shrooms or canabis?

Oh no, I totally misworded that if I said I dialed after layoff. I used to do it a lot before my layofff. I definitely used to be a vet smoker. I didn't realize that the anxiety was as common as it is. I will give your recommendation a try though! Maybe it won't be as bad.
It's just like anything start super low dose and titrate up. If it's worth it to u. It helps me alot but ima a end of day once all my responsibilities are taken care of kinda smoker. If I over do it or during the day when I have shit to do I will get anxiety also.

Yeah mane it’s really common with people who started young especially, idk why specifically but I’ve noticed it in like 80% of my friends too but word you should be good as long as the CBD is there n you don’t smoke a full blunt of some crazy shit in a couple minutes straight to the dome ahah I hope it helps out brotha

It's just like anything start super low dose and titrate up. If it's worth it to u. It helps me alot but ima an end of day once all my responsibilities are taken care of kinda smoker. If I over do it or during the day when I have shit to do I will get anxiety also.
This too. I used to smoke during the day but recently I’ve been only toking at night after everything else is done, maybe during the weekend if I ain’t got shit to do but yeah during the day can make it annoying instead of enjoyable

Interested in the capacity of shrooms or canabis?
I have taken shrooms since that incident with success, i was talking about canabis, something changed after that time….

I enjoyed growing plants and all the medicinal properties of marijuana. But since it causes me paranoia had to stop. Like extreme paranoia, hearing things type of bad.

Da
I have taken shrooms since that incident with success, i was talking about canabis, something changed after that time….

I enjoyed growing plants and all the medicinal properties of marijuana. But since it causes me paranoia had to stop. Like extreme paranoia, hearing things type of bad.
Damn brotha that sucks, I get pretty intense anxiety when I smoke too much these days but never to that extent, I’d say try out CBD n CBN as they’re very useful but yeah weed ain’t gwan do the same thing anymore, it doesn’t do it for me n it makes me more anxious than even a boatload of coke or fkin adderall or whatever it’s weird af, ain’t tried shrooms in nearly a decade but would be curious to do a lil micro dose just to understand if it’s the same there (tbh tho the bad shroom trips are the ones that teach you the most so I’d just keep a BNZ on hand n find out where tf the trip takes me) btw I am really against BNZ use unless one uses sparingly for severe panic attacks (n even there it’s a shitty way as they make it worse in the long run) but if you have super anxiety every now n then a Diazepam can help out without causing too many issues, just stay away from Xanax/Alprazolam as those are the crack of benzos n will make you more anxious even in the same day (rebound anxiety due to the quick mechanism of action), I’m literally convinced that Pfizer invented Xanax to get people hooked then have everyone on it for life, shits great n feels good but imo doctors would be better off prescribing h for anxiety at that point, shit the WDs even cold turkey ain’t nothing compared to most benzos

Yeah sorry for the rant it’s just something I wish I had known more when I was anxious in the past so even if it’s off topic I think it could be of use to many