Weight vs Height

cdoubleu

What do you think a realistic comparison of muscular development is if you were to compare two men of different heights?

Hypothetically, if they were proportionate, and carried the same BF%, what would the difference in weight be between a guy who is 5’6”, and someone who is 6’0” ?

My very good friend is 5'7 (173) and I'm a bit over 6'1 (185) when converted from metrics.

At one point I was 100kg (220) and he was 90kg (198) he visually looked bigger and in photos I looked smaller and he looked bigger. When I reached 230's we looked more similar, but as he got couple more kilos he again had a bit more muscle visually.

When we stood closer to each other I obviously overall had overall much more presence.

My other friend is 195cm 6'5 and he's 97kg he looks slender compared to me.

This is a good topic. I think bodybuilding for 6ft and over is a bit more difficult and different when it comes to proportions.

Not from bodybuilding or stage perspective:

I think in photos shorter dudes win.

In reality or in person taller guy wins with overall presence.

Last edited:
Plus or Minus 5-7lbs per inch

Example:
5'5" 160lbs
5'6" 165lbs
5'7" 170lbs
5'8" 175lbs
5'9" 180lbs
5'10" 185lbs
5'11" 190lbs
6'0" 200lbs
Love the way this table suggests over 6ft go f* yourself lol.

But srs, it is true for each additional '1 over 6' you want at least to add another 10 pounds.

Love the way this table suggests over 6ft go f* yourself lol.

But srs, it is true for each additional '1 over 6' you want at least to add another 10 pounds.
Anything over 5'10" needs to be freakish, not proportional.

I am 6'4" and I sit at 260 at relatively high bf like it's Average Joe average bw

This is a good topic. I think bodybuilding for 6ft and over is a bit more difficult and different when it comes to proportions.
Well I stop at 6ft so... Hahahaha

Anything over 5'10" needs to be freakish, not proportional.

Being tall does have its disadvantages sometimes. Long limps are a bit harder to cover in slabs of meat. Not to mention how much further a guy has to move the weight. Haha.

My only real reference is bodybuilders. Easiest metric is offseason weight since people arnet so shy about it.

This is roughly where people land to be competitive in the IFBB (probably +/-5% error here for average good competitor who isn’t fat as shit during offseason):
5’2ish - 220ish
5’5ish - 240ish
5’8ish - 260ish
5’10ish - 280ish
6’+ - 300+

I default to bodybuilders because it’s the most “controlled” population for this info.

~5-8lbs per inch as stated above is a good metric.

Plus or Minus 5-7lbs per inch
~5-8lbs per inch as stated above is a good metric.
Thanks for sharing gents. It’s an interesting metric, even to observe similar comparisons in the Pro setting as well.

In that case my Dad, who is 6 inches shorter than me, would have been approx 190 lbs to have a similar build. But he was something like 135lbs at my age. Too funny, but also cool to see a comparison like that.

In that case my Dad, who is 6 inches shorter than me, would have been approx 190 lbs to have a similar build. But he was something like 135lbs at my age. Too funny, but also cool to see a comparison like that.
Just as I stated in my example of me and my friend. 5 difference in height and 30 pounds in weight. Dude looks visually bigger and I look larger overall if that makes any sense. We both are advanced trainees by bro standards. When I get to 240+ or a bit over I win. Just like Mac and Taylor stated examples of 5-7lbs up to 6ft and over that I predict it's 8-10 pounds.

Just as I stated in my example of me and my friend. 5 difference in height and 30 pounds in weight. Dude looks visually bigger and I look larger overall if that makes any sense. We both are advanced trainees by bro standards. When I get to 240+ or a bit over I win. Just like Mac and Taylor stated examples of 5-7lbs up to 6ft and over that I predict it's 8-10 pounds.
It seems to add up, all the feedback lines up the same way.

When I use this comparison in relation to my Dad in my previous post, what I think is funny and interesting about it is to see how much of a difference my training has made. By comparison (with the examples you guys have laid out) he was 55lbs lighter than he would have needed to be to look about my size with the height change. Actually weight difference is closer to 90lbs.

He was not the type up guy to lift, instead more of an endurance type who did things on a whim.

Last edited: