What could be a possible explanation ?

How about temperature? If the room temp was lower than normal you could have used more liquids

A very general rule of fluid mechanics is that very few liquids are compressible. I.e- they do not expand or contract based on temperature.

That’s how hydraulic suspensions work. Fill the chamber with water which cannot compress in volume.

Gasoline is a rare exception.

Basically- Temperature does not affect the volume of the liquid.

Well you can measure in grams too. You just need to convert from volume to grams using the density. It’s more accurate

I mean, you’re right that you can convert but why would mass converted from volume be more accurate ? Or vice versa?

During a brew you should KISS. Measure in volume for everything except when you weigh out your raw material.

I mean, you’re right that you can convert but why would mass converted from volume be more accurate ? Or vice versa?

During a brew you should KISS. Measure in volume for everything except when you weigh out your raw material.
Because you are measuring with you eyes and there is dead space in the syringe. But that very minor. I just prefer to weight it.

Because you are measuring with you eyes and there is dead space in the syringe. But that very minor. I just prefer to weight it.

So instead of converting the material using displacement factors, you write your formulas by converting the:

1. BB volume to mass using BB density
2. BA volume to mass using BA density
3. Oil volume to mass using oil of choice density.

For real? How do you even weigh that little amount of BA.

That method seems ridiculous imo but whatever works.

You’ve brewed and sent the samples in to confirm your doing it right?

So instead of converting the material using displacement factors, you write your formulas by converting the:

1. BB volume to mass using BB density
2. BA volume to mass using BA density
3. Oil volume to mass using oil of choice density.

For real? How do you even weigh that little amount of BA.

That method seems ridiculous imo but whatever works.

You’ve brewed and sent the samples in to confirm your doing it right?
I use the calculator and then convert the volumes to grams using density as you said. I dont do it for ba since i use insuline syringe so that is accurate enough.

I plan to send some primo when i brew it. But i have measured the volume of the ingredients and they are consistent with the weight.

I use the calculator and then convert the volumes to grams using density as you said. I dont do it for ba since i use insuline syringe so that is accurate enough.

I plan to send some primo when i brew it. But i have measured the volume of the ingredients and they are consistent with the weight.

If you’re already using the calculator you’re introducing more room for human error with this method. You are converting to mass to ultimately convert back to volume since the end product is volumetric.

The whole point is to get everything into solution for volumetric dosing. I would be curious to see your results of your brew. I’m not saying what you’re attempting to do would necessarily be wrong but, it’s overcomplicating a very simple process.

I write out my whole recipes. Even blends. I convert mass of the compound(s) to volumetric displacement. That’s it.

You can eye ball the syringe. Your brew isn’t going to vary more than 2% unless your raws are way degraded or you have a terrible eye for reading the numbers on a syringe.

Just my 2c.

Jesus.

Seems like a waste of time

I test within a solid range and don't need to do that.

Jesus.

Seems like a waste of time

I test within a solid range and don't need to do that.

100% agree, I would highly advise against the method he stated. much much more room for error here.

Wouldn’t trust his conversions either considering

1. He was unaware that liquids don’t change volume due to temperature.

2. He’s already starting with the homebrew calculator. Not that there’s anything wrong with someone doing that. But I’d expect someone going this route to be able to do the math completely themselves from start to finish.

3. Good chance he could find incorrect information on the density of whatever product he is using.

I’ll say it one last time, volumetric dosing is by far the easiest method of measuring drug doses. That’s a reason oral suspensions are so popular too. Not to mention, we are getting the final product into a form where we can dose it via volume.

notice the trend- volume volume volume. No mass. Only time you should measure mass is for the raws, then convert those using volume displacement factors. Get everything into ml’s first.

My brews are very spot on, even blends of 4 compounds with recipe written head to toe by myself.

He was unaware that liquids don’t change volume due to temperature.
Well they do but to a different degree. Search cubical expansion coefficient.
He’s already starting with the homebrew calculator. Not that there’s anything wrong with someone doing that. But I’d expect someone going this route to be able to do the math completely themselves from start to finish.
Didn’t say i began with the calculator. I know hoe to calculate.
uch much more room for error here
I disagree. When measuring with a syringe you use your eyes to determine the volume. And there is also deadspace in the syringe. Use pubchem and you have the right infomation to calculate the mass. It is unnecessary and time consuming? Yes absolutely agree and i am not against doing it volumetric.

Well they do but to a different degree. Search cubical expansion coefficient.

Didn’t say i began with the calculator. I know hoe to calculate.

I disagree. When measuring with a syringe you use your eyes to determine the volume. And there is also deadspace in the syringe. Use pubchem and you have the right infomation to calculate the mass. It is unnecessary and time consuming? Yes absolutely agree and i am not against doing it volumetric.

you know that is entirely negligible, the volume change. In engineer we negate it entirely 99.99% of the time.

You did say you start with the calculator.

Once again to each their own but your are way over complicating a relatively simple process. Eyeballing will get you just as close if not closer.

you know that is entirely negligible, the volume change. In engineer we negate it entirely 99.99% of the time.

You did say you start with the calculator.

Once again to each their own but your are way over complicating a relatively simple process. Eyeballing will get you just as close if not closer.
Completely agree with you. No need to do it my way.
As for the effect for temp, yes it is negligible. Op problem is something else.

How about temperature? If the room temp was lower than normal you could have used more liquids

It was 23 degrees celcius

Room is always at that temperature year long

Even if it was 5 degees it would not have such a big impact

The end solution is 60ml, used 12,5g of testosterone enanthate and not even 1ml of ba.

I can only see 2 things really,

- some of the T stayed in the filter
- suspension is not fully dissolved and concentration is different based on how i drawed it (i only filtered 10ml of the 60ml and this is what I tested)

Last edited: