Where to buy Barbells/Plates?

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Spokeonawheel, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

If you're in the Midwest try Intek Strength. There was another thread like this recently and some other members mentioned other manufacturers in other parts of the country.

2. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

@Perrin Aybara have been researching. Not seeing any manufacturers near me. Saw many in TX, CA, and Pittsburgh. But I also didnt dig real hard. Maybe someone knows something I dont.

I'm in Kentucky.

Going through FB marketplace rt now sending messages.

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  3. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

Ill.try looking for the other thread also

4. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Depending on what part of Kentucky Intek might not be that far from you. It's less than an hour from Paducah. You might want to Google the distance from you. If you end up calling them ask about misprinted plates and sales. When I was there they had some misprinted 25lb bumpers for $1/lb and polyethylene coated 35's for $1/lb.

Millard Baker and Spokeonawheel like this.
  5. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

Rock on. I dont mind making a daytrip out of it. Even if it was a 3 or 4 hour trip if it's a good deal.

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  6. rutman

rutman Member

This place is in North Carolina. You’ll have to drive there to pick up. But they’ve got tons of stuff including plates. I’ll be making a trip up there in the future and rent a big Uhaul truck when I get there, and drive it back home:

Super Fitness New and Used Gym Equipment |

7. Vincentino

Vincentino Member

Idk where you are, but I know just across the bridge from Louisville there was a guy in Jeffersonville that gets stuff straight from Cap and was seeking it for reasonable prices. Search on FB and maybe you’ll find him

8. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

@Vincentino I believe he was listed as a reseller and had used equip. I have contacted this person already. But haven't gotten a response yet.

Thanks for all responses everyone.

Vincentino likes this.
  9. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

Update:

Will be driving for an hour and a half, to another state, to meet a guy with a truck coming from the manufacturer to (hopefully) get a barbell and some plates.

This shit is ridiculous. I hope it works out as what equipment he has is going first come first serve and I cant get any kind of guarantee the items I want will still be there.

On a positive the guy isn't overcharging at all.

rutman, Worf, flenser and 2 others like this.
  10. Vincentino

Vincentino Member

If it’s the guy I told you about, he’s a good dude and will treat you well. However, I suggest you get there at least a half hour before he told you, there will be a ton of people if it’s anything like when I met with him.

Spokeonawheel likes this.
  11. Spokeonawheel

Spokeonawheel Member

@Vincentino yes I believe it is that guy.

Thanks for that heads up earlier in the thread as well.

I'm about to head that way. Not quite sure how to get in line for a truck that hasn't arrived but I'm going to do my best.

12. Worf

Worf Member

Logan44551 and MindlessWork like this.
  13. flenser

flenser Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Prices aren't too bad if you can wait three weeks for them to ship.

The ones I ordered from Walmart are late. Starting to think I won't get them. If that happens, I guess another 3+ weeks won't kill me.

Worf likes this.
  14. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

I'm worried that the "three weeks" is never really three weeks from anyone.

15. master.on

master.on Member

I wonder if gyms going bankrupt will liquidate their weights?

Worf likes this.
  16. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Where I ordered in Canada I got most of my plates in 2 weeks, 2 weeks for the the remaining.

Got in 2 weeks
    8 45s but bumpers
    4 25s
    4 5s
    2 2.5s

Waiting on
    2 35s
    4 10s

Got bench, SSB and Collars in 2 weeks as well. Waiting on cage, oly bar and db handles.

Artifex, MindlessWork, Worf and 3 others like this.
  17. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

It's something to keep an eye on:

Gym Closure News.

18. flenser

flenser Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

My order has shown, "shipped, tracking available soon" for almost two weeks. This morning this was added, "delayed - check back later for status update". I wonder if it really shipped at all.

19. Worf

Worf Member

Probably not. Sellers and shippers can’t keep up with the demand and in some states short staffed due to government only allowing so much staff. This mess won’t be cleaned up until after business are “allowed” to resume normal commerce and by then most gyms will be open and I expect large cancellations.

Btcowboy likes this.
  20. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I think thats why where I ordered and most likely a few others expected prepay in full before ordering and shipping.

Worf likes this.