• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Who here lost there ass on crypto?

Morefyah

Banned
Obviously this a touchy subject but I know for a fact a lot meso members lost big.
Who lost the most and how much??
Oh, and don’t lie!! :eek:

I see what you mean @Morefyah. Im assuming you mean by the month we just went through. Technically, i lost alot in current value but I didnt sell anything so i didnt lose...yet. Dont lose faith brother! The end of the year might just surprise you.

I see what you mean @Morefyah. Im assuming you mean by the month we just went through. Technically, i lost alot in current value but I didnt sell anything so i didnt lose...yet. Dont lose faith brother! The end of the year might just surprise you.
I haven’t given up yet man! Like I said I’m still holding on, but BTC dropping $13000 in two months was a bit disappointing. Obviously the three of us aren’t the only ones that lost big time, but at least were man able to admit it. In retrospect maybe it wasn’t the best idea to ask a bunch of roided out men how much money they lost. Haha, oh well! Seems like everyone else is too butt hurt to even talk about it. Maybe we all made a mistake?
Maybe not? Will have to wait and see...

Last edited:
I haven’t given up yet man! Like I said I’m still holding on, but BTC dropping $13000 in two months was a bit disappointing. Obviously the three of us aren’t the only ones that lost big time, but at least were man able to admit it. In retrospect maybe it wasn’t the best idea to ask a bunch of roided out men how much money they lost. Haha, oh well! Seems like everyone else is too butt hurt to even talk about it. Maybe we all made a mistake?
Maybe not? Will have to wait and see...

Unless you took out a mortgage on your house, I don't know anytim who should be butthurt lol.. I lost money on the stock market recently too and it isn't like it's fun but it's the nature of the market.

The thing with bitcoin is, it's volatile in a way that you can track it by the minute to see significant gains and losses but sticks arent typically the same, it's more drawn out. With bitcoin, it makes the losses hurt more because you saw the quick returns.

Just hold. I’m down 900. I’ve been down more. But it always recovers. It will again. I’m still way way ahead in the in the game though

My portfolio went from 125k to 35k in 6weeks. Still have some profit but I expect to be at least double that 125k by end of year

I still have a large (for me) buy order for BTC at $3500. Have had for quite some time. I'm still optimistic that order will through before the end of the year.

On losing money with BTC, one source recently offered me a special deal to pay in BTC instead of a different method that would have cost me slightly more, but would have been less trouble at the time and safer for him. So I paid in BTC which fell by about half over the next several days. Part of that order is still supposedly in transit, but is very late. I worry he has been paying for operations with gains from BTC payments instead of immediately converting to fiat, and was just given a crash course in market realities.

I still have a large (for me) buy order for BTC at $3500. Have had for quite some time. I'm still optimistic that order will through before the end of the year.

On losing money with BTC, one source recently offered me a special deal to pay in BTC instead of a different method that would have cost me slightly more, but would have been less trouble at the time and safer for him. So I paid in BTC which fell by about half over the next several days. Part of that order is still supposedly in transit, but is very late. I worry he has been paying for operations with gains from BTC payments instead of immediately converting to fiat, and was just given a crash course in market realities.
Out of curiousity, the 3500 was at the price for 1 BTC? Whole? What exchange is this?

Out of curiousity, the 3500 was at the price for 1 BTC? Whole? What exchange is this?

There are a lot of different exchanges these days. I don't want to name the particular one I am using, because I think it is about to have legal issues due to its inability to restrict anonymous transactions. One other exchange I know of was seized by the USG for similar issues. I've been considering moving to Kraken, but it will mean cashing out of the other and seriously complicating my tax return.

That's not a recommendation for Kraken, BTW. My experience with and knowledge of these exchanges is extremely limited. I am not qualified to give anyone advise!

There are a lot of different exchanges these days. I don't want to name the particular one I am using, because I think it is about to have legal issues due to its inability to restrict anonymous transactions. One other exchange I know of was seized by the USG for similar issues. I've been considering moving to Kraken, but it will mean cashing out of the other and seriously complicating my tax return.

That's not a recommendation for Kraken, BTW. My experience with and knowledge of these exchanges is extremely limited. I am not qualified to give anyone advise!
No worries. When i initially read your post, my thought was you had a buy at $3500 that wasnt credited and you were still waiting on the exchange. Also, Kraken is a hit or miss. Ive had issues there in the past. They made some improvements but not enough for me to go back. Expect a few more(exchanges) to pop up this year, also.

Obviously this a touchy subject but I know for a fact a lot meso members lost big.
Who lost the most and how much??
Oh, and don’t lie!! :eek:
Ok- not gonna lie, the value on my entire portfolio has dropped significantly below my initial investment.
Someone made a thread on Reddit recently stating they would rather go to 0 before selling now. Its how im feeling as well. Really no point in turning back now. If i lose it all then lesson learned. So rather than admit defeat, I just bought more:oops: dips on dip...

I deleted all apps to do with cryptos. I will check the overall market cap every now and again but I have no fear that we will see a 1trillion dollar market cap and the good projects will rise to the top. If your money is in good projects I would have no fear