• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Who here lost there ass on crypto?

A bit OT
but can you make money if BTC price goes down?
I don't think you can short sell BTC, can you?
Can you buy exchange-traded BTC-related put options?

Bitcoin Options Are What We Need to Tame This Beast

This Is How You Can Short Bitcoin

Unless you took out a mortgage on your house, I don't know anytim who should be butthurt lol.. I lost money on the stock market recently too and it isn't like it's fun but it's the nature of the market.

The thing with bitcoin is, it's volatile in a way that you can track it by the minute to see significant gains and losses but sticks arent typically the same, it's more drawn out. With bitcoin, it makes the losses hurt more because you saw the quick returns.
At least with the stock market you can wait 20-30 years and it always comes back, even after 1929 crash. So, unless doomsday happens...

I lost a pretty good bit on rpx bought in around .30 and now its hanging around .09 hopefully I will be able to make it back on trx

I deleted all apps to do with cryptos. I will check the overall market cap every now and again but I have no fear that we will see a 1trillion dollar market cap and the good projects will rise to the top. If your money is in good projects I would have no fear
Bonacris
Do you think the crypto market will ever recover ? I’m contemplating whether I should pick up more xrp. I already put lots of money in ETH, neo and few other good projects back in February.

I’ve broken even and am maybe even a little ahead. I lost my ass on Eth but BTC is still good for me. All in all, I’ve lost nothing.

Bonacris
Do you think the crypto market will ever recover ? I’m contemplating whether I should pick up more xrp. I already put lots of money in ETH, neo and few other good projects back in February.

I think it will but not for a while yet. I bearly even look at mine anymore. Maybe once a month. After ever crash it has always bounded back better than before. Sometimes it just takes longer than others

Can anyone smarter than me tell me what drove this tank?

Not smarter than you, however... Goldman Sacks is exploring a derivative in the future. This is just like 'fractional reserve' lending that banks do with fiat currency. Too bad. In effect this will turn BTC and most Crypto's into a Fiat looking currency. Goldman's, when the SEC says it's OK (actually, when the big money guys tell the SEC what to do) they may mess the whole crypo community up. Leveraging their clients, only having to have one BTC for every 20 they "hold" for their clients. Good news is the Blockchain, once understood by more and more people, will be extremely valuable.
PS Bought my last BTC at 400 dollars seven years ago, doing well still. Bought my last ETH at 400, not so much...

Download twitter.

Follow @tradingroomapp

He is literally on POINT with his technical analysis and viewpoint on crypto. When btc was 10k in april, people thought it was time for it to go back up again...

at that time he was calling for a complete crypto MELTDOWN.. coins will lose 95%+ of its value. Crypto is an asset class controlled by whales. people with billions to move the market. Remember, its their game not ours.

Can anyone smarter than me tell me what drove this tank?

Was listening to Glenn Beck and a guest last week and they said regulation of all these ICO’s is the cause. As these people offering up the new ICO need cas to cover their expenses and pay back loans and investors they are dumping their BTC and other cryptos. Put a link to the guest in the new bitcoin recovery thread around ht.

I'm a Monero extremist/maximalist. Bought some sweet Monerujo at $14 on Alphabay pump times, and it got back down to $4 and I felt like a dumb. Still have those coins. Didn't sell even at ATH, almost $500 around. Waiting for after mid of 2020.