Wrinkles on scalp (cvg) caused by longterm supraphysiological test levels?

Malevolent666

Anyone else experience wrinkles on the scalp? I'm 40 years old and my dermatologist seems to think because of the timeline, it's no coincidence with increasing my weekly dose and wrinkles on scalp.

He claims backing down the dose will eliminate the issue. I've been on 500mg a week TestC for four months now.

I keep a buzz cut (#2 on top). You can see patterns from the wrinkles.20240806_124321.jpg20240806_124414.jpg

Anyone else experience wrinkles on the scalp? I'm 40 years old and my dermatologist seems to think because of the timeline, it's no coincidence with increasing my weekly dose and wrinkles on scalp.

He claims backing down the dose will eliminate the issue. I've been on 500mg a week TestC for four months now.

I keep a buzz cut (#2 on top). You can see patterns from the wrinkles.View attachment 290964View attachment 290965

Kinda off-topic but see threads on hair loss and aging facial skin.

Topical minoxidil & RU58841 for hair, retin-A for skin.

And maybe just grow your hair longer to minimize appearance of scalp wrinkles.

Kinda off-topic but see threads on hair loss and aging facial skin.

Topical minoxidil & RU58841 for hair, retin-A for skin.

And maybe just grow your hair longer to minimize appearance of scalp wrinkles.
I'm not really losing hair. I just developed these deep wrinkles that gives my hair a weird pattern. I definitely don't like having longer hair but may have to grow it out slightly

I'm not really losing hair.

Available treatments don't "re-grow" hair. They slow down the rate of hair loss.

A lot of bodybuilders going overseas nowadays for hair transplants because they paid attention to every detail other than hair loss.

I have a full head of hair but still use topical minoxidil & RU58841 nightly, plus once weekly microneedling for a few minutes while I'm taking a shit.

Pretty good evidence for microneedling + minoxidil. Reference. Low time investment; literally a few minutes once per week.

Available treatments don't "re-grow" hair. They slow down the rate of hair loss.

A lot of bodybuilders going overseas nowadays for hair transplants because they paid attention to every detail other than hair loss.

I have a full head of hair but still use topical minoxidil & RU58841 nightly, plus once weekly microneedling for a few minutes while I'm taking a shit.

Pretty good evidence for microneedling + minoxidil. Reference. Low time investment; literally a few minutes once per week.
I do use Ketoconazole shampoo daily for dandruff but supposedly it helps prevent hair loss

I do use Ketoconazole shampoo daily for dandruff but supposedly it helps prevent hair loss

It's not a DHT blocker. From what i understand keto helps the scalp to clean out when using minoxidil or/and other topical solutions which can cause irritation and flaking. (I'm speculating here)

Ketoconazole shampoo for dandruff i think the average dosage is 2-3 times a week for 3-4 weeks and then you stop it. I don't think it's a good idea to use it daily for a long period of time.

=

I keep a buzz cut (#2 on top). You can see patterns from the wrinkles.

is the most youve gear youve used is 500mg a week for 4 months?

I noticed this on a few bodybuilders and I always thought it was from HGH, I dont think everyone can get this, in my humble bro science opinion, AAS probably activates some sort of specific gene you have that predisposes you to this.

could be worse.

Looks more like a bad haircut as opposed to wrinkles. Find a new barber. I’m sure studies will be posted. Wrinkles don’t just ….go away. Dermatologist are cons anyways. Waste of time and money.

It's not a DHT blocker. From what i understand keto helps the scalp to clean out when using minoxidil or/and other topical solutions which can cause irritation and flaking. (I'm speculating here)

Ketoconazole shampoo for dandruff i think the average dosage is 2-3 times a week for 3-4 weeks and then you stop it. I don't think it's a good idea to use it daily for a long period of time.

Finasteride and Minoxidil (also Dutasteride and presumably RU) are proven to "regrow" hair, evidenced in many studies with photos of thin areas filling in over time, and confirmed with measurements of hairs per square centimeter. This is in part stimulating damaged, but not yet destroyed follicles to produce viable hair again, and also lengthening the hair growth cycle, shortening the amount of "resting time" after a hair falls out, so more hairs are present at any given moment.

Keto shampoo is a topical anti inflammatory.

Androgenic alopecia (male pattern balding) is the process of hair producing stem cells being destroyed by DHT attaching to receptors in the hair bulb, the immune system no longer recognizes those cells as "friendly", and starts to kill them like any other infection, via inflammation.

Keto shampoo slows this destructive cycle by "cooling" the inflammatory part of the process.

Keto is the third in the "big three" hair protection/regrowth treatments. Microneedling is about as effective as Keto.

Combinations produce the best results, but without #1, at best you can slow, but not stop balding.

In order of effectiveness:

1. 5-AR DHT blocker, Fin, Dutasteride, or RU.
2. Minoxidil
3. Keto 2% shampoo / Microneedling
4. Everything else

Since you have to adhere to these treatments for the long term, or you'll lose ground, my personal opinion is 2 pills a day (Fin/minox) is the simplest and most likely you can keep doing without eventually losing interest, like topical minoxidil or micro needling.

Last edited:
=

is the most youve gear youve used is 500mg a week for 4 months?

I noticed this on a few bodybuilders and I always thought it was from HGH, I dont think everyone can get this, in my humble bro science opinion, AAS probably activates some sort of specific gene you have that predisposes you to this.

could be worse.
I have heard of this happening from HGH. No firsthand knowledge myself but this is something I have read about in my early research.

I have this. I attributed it to anadrol & mk-677, when it first became noticeable. But it has gotten worse over the past 2 years as I used more hgh. Even when I was a little kid I had two long lines on my scalp that indented down, I think it's genetic and gets a lot worse with hgh/anabolics.

I have this. I attributed it to anadrol & mk-677, when it first became noticeable. But it has gotten worse over the past 2 years as I used more hgh. Even when I was a little kid I had two long lines on my scalp that indented down, I think it's genetic and gets a lot worse with hgh/anabolics.

What's worse is with age and especially sun exposure, the skin over your eyes will droop down, interfering with vision, requiring surgery to correct. Wear a hat or use scalp friendly sunscreen to prevent this.

Looks like this. The "hoods" develop when skin starts to lose elasticity and those wrinkles provide too much excess skin. It's more common than you'd think.

The biggest problem is if you're balding, there's no where to hide the scar they make when pulling the skin back up.

The good news is it's covered by insurance (once it interferes with vision) and you get a free facelift.

Yet another reason to guard your hairline....

IMG_8596.jpeg

Last edited: