Wrong syringe filters?

1000005969.jpg

Are these correct? I'm very confused. Waited weeks for these and people are telling me I needed hydrophobic. However @narta Has told me before that I needed the hydrophilic ones. Am i fucked? These are both sterlized and the perfect 33mm. I'm just confused here.

I get conflicting info. Iv seen people use PES for the autofill bottle tops. They say it's faster. Isn't pes hydrophilic? Therfore ptfe hydrophilic will work too?

i've always seen people use PES filters so that's what i go with i heard the argument of the BA breaking down the membrane but in the low dose of BA in oils it isn't harmful to the membrane material

Hydrophilic are the best for our purposes. You can filter both oily and aqueous solutions.
But what kind of aqueous solution we would ever filter? Winstrol water based? If one plan to filter only oily solutions wouldn't hydrophobic better?

I think the take away here is that both can be used and i actually see both being used so get what you can get your hands on ig

But what kind of aqueous solution we would ever filter? Winstrol water based? If one plan to filter only oily solutions wouldn't hydrophobic better?
Bacteriostatic water. 1lt water for Injection, 10ml BA, filter and you have more bac water than you ll need in a lifetime for less than $5 plus vials cost and syringe filter, let's say $50 total

Bacteriostatic water. 1lt water for Injection, 10ml BA, filter and you have more bac water than you ll need in a lifetime for less than $5 plus vials cost and syringe filter, let's say $50 total
Why filter? Water for injection is sterile, you inject the BA inside of the jug of sterile water and magic you have 1 liter of BA.
At least where I live I can buy a glass sterile water jug of 500ml for 2 euro. So it takes a second to inject the BA into the big glass vial and have BA, loads of it.

Am I missing something?

Why filter? Water for injection is sterile, you inject the BA inside of the jug of sterile water and magic you have 1 liter of BA.
At least where I live I can buy a glass sterile water jug of 500ml for 2 euro. So it takes a second to inject the BA into the big glass vial and have BA, loads of it.

Am I missing something?
Unless the BA is USP/Europe Pharmakoepeia quality it can be contaminated with particles from manufacturing

Unless the BA is USP/Europe Pharmakoepeia quality it can be contaminated with particles from manufacturing
I didn't even think about that! Can I just filter the BA? Before injecting it into the sterile water jug?

Do I need hydrophilic to filter the BA?

I didn't even think about that! Can I just filter the BA? Before injecting it into the sterile water jug?

Do I need hydrophilic to filter the BA?
Yes you can but opt for PTFE it has the best resistance to solvents we use. PVDF being a second choice. I would filter it all though, it goes fast

Yes you can but opt for PTFE it has the best resistance to solvents we use. PVDF being a second choice. I would filter it all though, it goes fast
so PTFE Hydrophobic would work well to filter just the BA or if I wanna filter water + BA PTFE Hydrophilic correct?

The thing is to filter it all I gotta buy new sterile vials etc. Instead in the pharmacy I can buy already a sterile vial of 500ml full of sterile water for injection for 2 euro, so adding the BA looks like the cheapest way to do it.
I can even throw it away after few months and just make a new one, as it is so cheap