Your healthiest supplements?

Hayes88

I am reading more and more on supplements more indirect (and direct ofc) effect
on the body's health, both for current ailments and to protect against future ones.

Two favorites are L-glutamine who seem to keep the cold away fantastic for me, and
second one is L-lysine which keeps my Herp*s (small painful rascal) away which e.g.
direct medication has no affect on for me. These have several other benefits, but these
are the ones I feel/ have seen work over the years.

I also felt Korean Red Ginseng immensely before in bed, but that only held for a week
and then disappeared, so I won't add that as effect was temporary.

Anyone else have their own miracle supplement that they either feel it's self-proven,
felt, or just believe is great for "add reason"?

I find when i am getting in a large array of nutrition from healthy foods i really don't notice my supplements doing much. The more i deviate from that the more benefit i may get from supplements.

Oh interesting, thank you! Will try it for anxiety and see how it feels, what dosage do you recommend for it?
Look into bulk supplements they have a good one. 1/5 of tspn is 500 mg, i take 1/4. But i have also taken 1/2 tspn. it works amazing. Doses vary find a dose that works for you, you can take multiple times a day.

I've been doing a lot of reading into anti-aging lately (i'm 48), and started a new supplement routine that I feel like has me feeling better overall and has made my metabolism more efficient along with some gains in the gym. I started this coming off cycle, and I haven't lost any strength at all and had some small gains here and there. In addition, I still seem to be leaning out like I was on cycle.

I started taking glycine and NAC, taurine, HMB, and creatine.... these were completely new to me the past few months. (I had done creatine before but it was years ago).

Stuff I've been on for some time is CoQ10, fish oil, glucosamine, align probiotic, I do find anecdotal benefit from these, less so from the CoQ10, but certainly the others.

I've never felt anything substantial from supplements. I've tried fish oil, vitamins, minerals, Q10, Taurin, ashgawana (?), L carnitin, glycine, nac, tongkat Ali, etc.
Sometimes these supplements gave me diarrhea though.

The exception is Maca. I felt a libido boost for some time.

I feel a big difference between eating healthy and eating garbage. Much more than any supplement.

I have a regimen. It's a work in progress and some of these I'll cycle on/off of as needed or if I can't justify their addition.

I keep them all in a particularly detailed spreadsheet but to summarise:

200mg Hyaluronic Acid (skin health)
20g Collagen Peptides (skin health)
1g Omega 3 500 EPA 250 DHA (cardiovascular health)
100mcg Vitamin K2 MK7 (cardiovascular health)
600mg NAC (liver health, on cycle only)
1g Taurine (mitochondrial health, 3g when taking Anavar)
1g TMG (hypertrophy support)
7g Creatine (hypertrophy support)
100mg Niacin (NAD production/longevity)
175mg Magnesium Glycinate (Sleep quality. Bone density. Blood pressure.)
200mg L-Theanine (sleep quality)
15mg/1mg Zinc/Copper (immune system health)

I've been doing a lot of reading into anti-aging lately (i'm 48), and started a new supplement routine that I feel like has me feeling better overall and has made my metabolism more efficient along with some gains in the gym. I started this coming off cycle, and I haven't lost any strength at all and had some small gains here and there. In addition, I still seem to be leaning out like I was on cycle.

I started taking glycine and NAC, taurine, HMB, and creatine.... these were completely new to me the past few months. (I had done creatine before but it was years ago).

Stuff I've been on for some time is CoQ10, fish oil, glucosamine, align probiotic, I do find anecdotal benefit from these, less so from the CoQ10, but certainly the others.
I'm guessing you've seen the same GlyNAC studies that I've read. How much are you taking?

My 70 year mother has been on 4g each Glycine/NAC for a month now. We're going to trial it for 12 months and see if she responds.

I've never felt anything substantial from supplements. I've tried fish oil, vitamins, minerals, Q10, Taurin, ashgawana (?), L carnitin, glycine, nac, tongkat Ali, etc.
Sometimes these supplements gave me diarrhea though.

The exception is Maca. I felt a libido boost for some time.

I feel a big difference between eating healthy and eating garbage. Much more than any supplement.
L-theanine. 100% youll feel the difference

I have a regimen. It's a work in progress and some of these I'll cycle on/off of as needed or if I can't justify their addition.

I keep them all in a particularly detailed spreadsheet but to summarise:

200mg Hyaluronic Acid (skin health)
20g Collagen Peptides (skin health)
1g Omega 3 500 EPA 250 DHA (cardiovascular health)
100mcg Vitamin K2 MK7 (cardiovascular health)
600mg NAC (liver health, on cycle only)
1g Taurine (mitochondrial health, 3g when taking Anavar)
1g TMG (hypertrophy support)
7g Creatine (hypertrophy support)
100mg Niacin (NAD production/longevity)
175mg Magnesium Glycinate (Sleep quality. Bone density. Blood pressure.)
200mg L-Theanine (sleep quality)
15mg/1mg Zinc/Copper (immune system health)

I'm guessing you've seen the same GlyNAC studies that I've read. How much are you taking?

My 70 year mother has been on 4g each Glycine/NAC for a month now. We're going to trial it for 12 months and see if she responds.

Why niacin (or nicotinamide) instead of NR? Just a cost thing?

I'm taking 600mg NAC and 3000mg glycine at night before bed.

I'm really curious about the NAD+ stuff, and it's precursors, but it seems like the studies I've read all seem to have some conflicting results or don't really show a benefit I'm concerned about.

Now despite all that I have a friend who has done iv NAD treatments and swears buy it. Says it makes him feel like a million bucks. It costs about the same lol.

So what's the deal with NAD+, is anyone here using it or precursors?

I'm really curious about the NAD+ stuff, and it's precursors, but it seems like the studies I've read all seem to have some conflicting results or don't really show a benefit I'm concerned about.

Now despite all that I have a friend who has done iv NAD treatments and swears buy it. Says it makes him feel like a million bucks. It costs about the same lol.

So what's the deal with NAD+, is anyone here using it or precursors?
Yeah definitely. If you're really keen read David Sinclair's book Lifespan.

Having read the book myself I'm of the mind that NAD precursors like NMN have a lot of promise but are yet to be proven.

For such an expensive supplement I'm not prepared to jump on the bandwagon just yet at the age of 35, I'll hedge my bets and take Niacin at a fraction of the price. My 70 year old mother? I'm suggesting to her that she take it.

Back