Steroid laws in Canada

Millard

Elite
Staff member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Steroid possession in Canada is NOT illegal according to Sgt. Luc Breton (Drug Awareness Co-ordinator of New Brunswick RCMP).

It's only illegal to traffic steroids, and steroid users caught without a prescription could have the drug seized, Breton says, but they wouldn't face charges for simple possession.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2007/01/31/nb-steroids.html

The sections related to anabolic steroids and bodybuilding drugs in the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (1996); steroid trafficking, steroid manufacturing

SCHEDULE IV
(1) Androisoxazole (17-hydroxy-17a-methylandrostano-[3,2-c]isoxazole)
(2) Androstanolone (17-hydroxy-5a-androstan-3-one)
(3) Androstenediol (androst-5-ene-3-,17-diol)
(4) Bolandiol (estr-4-ene-3-,17-diol)
(5) Bolasterone (17-hydroxy-7a,17-dimethylandrost-4-en-3-one)
(6) Bolazine (17-hydroxy-2a-methyl-5a-androstan-3-one-azine)
(7) Boldenone (17-hydroxyandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one)
(8) Bolenol (19-nor-17a-pregn-5-en-17-ol)
(9) Calusterone (17-hydroxy-7-,17-dimethylandrost-4-en-3-one)
(10) Clostebol (4-chloro-17-hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one)
(11) Drostanolone (17-hydroxy-2a-methyl-5a-androstan-3-one)
(12) Enestebol (4,-17-dihydroxy-17-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one)
(13) Epitiostanol (2a,-3a-epithio-5a-androstan-17-ol)
(14) Ethylestrenol (19-nor-17a-pregn-4-en-17-ol)
(15) 4-Hydroxy-19-nor-testosterone-
(16) Fluoxymesterone (9-fluoro-11-,17-dihydroxy-17-methylandrost-4-en-3-one)
(17) Formebolone (11a,-17-dihydroxy-17-methyl-3-oxoandrosta-1,4-di-en-2-carboxaldehyde)
(18) Furazabol (17-methyl-5a-androstano[2,3-c]-furazan-17-ol)
(19) Mebolazine (17-hydroxy-2a,17-dimethyl-5a-androstan-3-one-azine)
(20) Mesabolone (17-[(1-methoxycyclohexyl)oxy]-5a-androst-1-en-3-one)
(21) Mesterolone (17-hydroxy-1a-methyl-5a-androstan-3-one)
(22) Metandienone (17-hydroxy-17-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one)
(23) Metenolone (17-hydroxy-1-methyl-5a-androst-1-en-3-one)
(24) Methandriol (17a-methylandrost-5-ene-3-,17-diol)
(25) Methyltestosterone (17-hydroxy-17-methylandrost-4-en-3-one)
(26) Metribolone (17-hydroxy-17-methylestra-4,-9,11-trien-3-one)
(27) Mibolerone (17-hydroxy-7a,17-dimethylestr-4-en-3-one)
(28) Nandrolone (17-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one)
(29) Norboletone (13-ethyl-17-hydroxy-18,-19-dinorpregn-4-en-3-one)
(30) Norclostebol (4-chloro-17-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one)
(31) Norethandrolone (17a-ethyl-17-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one)
(32) Oxabolone (4,17-dihydroxyestr-4-en-3-one)
(33) Oxandrolone (17-hydroxy-17-methyl-2-oxa-5a-androstan-3-one)
(34) Oxymesterone (4,17-dihydroxy-17-methylandrost-4-en-3-one)
(35) Oxymetholone (17-hydroxy-2 (hydroxymethylene) 17-methyl-5a-androstan-3-one)
(36) Prasterone (3-hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one)
(37) Quinbolone (17 (1-cyclopenten-1-yloxy) androsta-1,4-dien-3-one)
(38) Stanozolol (17-hydroxy-17-methyl-5a-androstano-[3,2-c]pyrazole)
(39) Stenbolone (17-hydroxy-2-methyl-5a-androst-1-en-3-one)
(40) Testosterone (17-hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one)
(41) Tibolone ((7a,17a) 17-hydroxy-7-methyl-19-norpregn-5(10) en-20-yn-3-one)
(42) Tiomesterone (1a,7a-bis(acetylthio) 17-hydroxy-17-methylandrost-4-en-3-one)
(43) Trenbolone (17-hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one)

CLASS-A-PRECURSORS

4.-Ephedrine (erythro-2 (methylamino) 1-phenylpropan-1-ol),-its-salts-and-any-plant-containing-ephedrine-or-any-of-its-salts-

Canada steroid law on other forums:

http://www.canadabodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1278 (Canadian Steroid Laws. Offence and Punishments. The Correct info. - Canada Bodybuilding - Canadian Bodybuilding Canada Forum)

http://www.anabolic-enhancement.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96

Winnipeg Sun states possession of anabolic steroids is legal for personal use and with medical prescription.

Steroids are illegal to sell but possession for personal use is technically legal because there's nothing in the Criminal Code prohibiting it. Steroids prescribed by a physician are legal.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Winnipeg/2008/11/13/7394161-sun.html

Importing any scheduled drug, including schedule IV anabolic steroids in any quantity is illegal in Canada under Sectoin 6(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (S.C. 1996, c. 19). Act current to 2012-03-06 and last amended on 2011-06-23.

Importing and exporting

6. (1) Except as authorized under the regulations, no person shall import into Canada or export from Canada a substance included in Schedule I, II, III, IV, V or VI.

Controlled Drugs and Substances Act

do you know if you import 100g of substance in powder, illegal to import, but did they considerate in traffic and importing or can be safe for personal use ?

Legality of steroid possession according to Canadian government website:

"The possession of these substances is legal."

Source: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/qc/pub/sens-awar/drogue-drug/steroid-eng.htm

Attachments

• screencapture-www-rcmp-grc-gc-ca-qc-pu-drogue-drug-steroid-eng-htm.png
    screencapture-www-rcmp-grc-gc-ca-qc-pu-drogue-drug-steroid-eng-htm.png
    639.4 KB · Views: 28
Legality of steroid possession according to Canadian government website:

"The possession of these substances is legal."

Source: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/qc/pub/sens-awar/drogue-drug/steroid-eng.htm

Thanks for the link.

Peculiar ideas the Mounties have :

"Androgens and anabolic steroids are part of a special category of psychotropic drugs, both of them having the same basic chemical structure. Anabolic steroids are synthetic derivatives of the male hormone testosterone, responsible for the production of sperm cells. Anabolic steroids promote the growth of cell tissues, particularly muscles.

While rarely prescribed for therapeutic purposes, steroids are very popular in the world of sports to increase muscle mass, enhance performance and improve physical appearance. The benefits derived from using anabolic steroids for non-therapeutic purposes are fairly minimal compared with the many risks and sometimes irreversible damage that result from their abuse."

Psychotropic?

Minimal benefits?

Many risks and damage?

Next from the Canadian Film Board : "Steroid Madness"

So it's legal to have them as long as John the Little has order them and just happened to find them on your porch ?

Steroid possession in Canada is NOT illegal according to Sgt. Luc Breton (Drug Awareness Co-ordinator of New Brunswick RCMP).
They don't have as many prison cells to keep filled as we do in the states. Canadians seem to be more reasonable people.

They don't have as many prison cells to keep filled as we do in the states. Canadians seem to be more reasonable people.

Yup. I was arrested on firearms charges in 2012 and when they searched my house they found bags of gear. All they did was confiscate it, they couldn't be bothered to go through the trouble.

Yup. I was arrested on firearms charges in 2012 and when they searched my house they found bags of gear. All they did was confiscate it, they couldn't be bothered to go through the trouble.
Exactly....Guys have been talking about being concerned with receiving gear in the mail. (within Cdn) Not that big of an issue as people are making it out to be.

Steroids are ILLEGAL in Canada WITHOUT a prescription. You may NOT possess steroids you found in the dressing room of your favorite gym. You also may not possess steroids from your favorite UGL. This part seems to always be ignored by the reader. Having said that, you will not be charged for possessing them without a prescription (or distributing/selling) UNLESS they (LEO) deem the AMOUNT to be EXCESSIVE. What this magical amount is, is simply conjecture on everyone's part except the officer in charge of making that decision. This is NOT outlined ANYWHERE in the Criminal Code or anywhere else. This resides in the mind of the law enforcement officer who is conducting the investigation.

I don't tell anybody absolutely nobody i mean nobody about my anabolic use , I don't hook no one up and don't ask nobody nothing and keep my house clean , I stay domestic , thanks to me so rx I can stay off the radar totally , I'm just a user , you guys set me straight

Back