Abnormal [natural] lab results

saev

39yo male
6ft tall
~243lbs

I am not on TRT, or any other compound. Nor have I ever been. I initially went in for a consult at a trt clinic because Im sick of having problems with recovery, even on intermediate programming using "beginner" weights, even after 10yrs of weight lifting. I think I covered some of this this in my intro pos. Also I sleep like shit (6hrs avg, 7 tops), have emotional mood swings, little/no motivation. Anyway, all labs are recent as of March.

Thyroid lab came back normal, cortisol normal, prolactin normal. GP found nothing wrong with lipids, or blood panel. Even cholesterol is fine. Still waiting on DHEA, DHT and IGF1. Once those are in Ive got a follow-up appt with trt doc to at least discuss the estriadol level, and also follow-up with my GP in April.

Curious if anyone has seen anything like this. A lot of my own research seems to go down some dark roads, so just trying to be optimistic here if I can.

Attachments

• test2.png
    test2.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 41
1677 of total test and high E2 100% natty?

and at the same time having low t symptoms?

what did I just read?

I've got other lab results in my intro post.

This is where I'm at. Everything I've looked at either is unrelated or points to some kind of tumor either on a ball, my prostate or my pituitary. So while I'm waiting for the rest of my results and follow up appointments, thought I'd see about crowdsourcing some ideas because well, fuck me.

I have my doubts about a pituitary tumor, because stuff like prolactin, growth hormone, LH, FSH, TSH, ACTH (and thus probably cortisol) would all be high. Not saying a tumor couldn't be elsewhere, but it doesn't appear to be affecting the pituitary gland. Do you know your PSA?

I hope it is not tumor, buddy. I have had an MRI done to rule things out.

Did they test your LH and FSH?

Are you consuming soy products like soy protein, meal replacements, soy milk?

Are you taking any supplements?

I avoid soy at all points if i notice it included. Supplements just a multivit occasionally, fish oil occasionally, collagen powder in my greek yogurt. Diet is mostly meats, eggs and vegetables. Will throw natural peanut butter into the yogurt along with some protein powder. I avoid pastas, breads, most/all grain-based carbs etc due to bloating and water retention. Stuff just turns me into a sponge.

Havent had LH or FSH done. Or PSA. All I know is whats in these labs currently, also had a lipid panel run that came back all normal. DHEA came back @ 249, DHT @ 93.

I have a follow up with GP on the 3rd. Honestly before I had all these tests ran itd been something like 7 or 8 years since I last saw a doc for anything other than walk-in injury stuff.

Attachments

• tests5.png
    tests5.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 28
Update after several more appointments and scans - gotta love weeks between visits and results. Only thing conclusive is that there are no visible tumors or signs of the big C.

GP ordered ultrasound of the testicles, which showed 2 small cysts that were determined to be unrelated/benign/not worth going in and removing.

FSH was normal but LH came back at 17.4, so doc ordered MRI to check pituitary - clear with no visible abnormalities. Referred to endocrinologist, who of course ordered a whole new round of mostly the same labs plus one to check for tumors too small for MRI (that came back normal). Estradiol has climbed to 72.3 from 61, LH has decreased to 15.

I wish there was more to update with, but ..I'm also glad there isn't more to update with.

Update for the curious.

Finally got in to see an endo back in May. Working with her the rest of the year, she ordered repeat blood labs (which showed everything up, E2 hit 72, SHBG 139, total T remained consistent 1650-1700) to confirm prior results and eventually an abdominal CT to check my adrenals, she diagnosed me with a very mild form of androgen insensitivity. Basically everything developed where it should be, but my body has to overproduce to make it all to function.

Final nail in the coffin was a fertility test that came back with extremely low count/motility - that hit pretty hard.

Now..trying to find information on this condition is a complete shitshow. Skimming some of the archive threads here that come up in searches, it looks like there's an actual genetic test that can be done to confirm, but I don't know if my endo knows about it. I have a follow up with her at the end of February but if insurance doesn't cover the test I don't know if I should bother. My endo said she had no other potential diagnosis to rule out since all my imaging was clear.

She did give me a scrip for anastrozole at 1mg/day to handle high estrogen side effects, but been told by my men's health/naturopath doc that that is quite a high dose and would tank my E2 to 0 then suggested I take it twice weekly pending lab results. I did dial it back since after 2 weeks on it I had trouble making it through the day without napping.

So that's where I'm at now. Ho Ho Ho.