Age and Recovery

Spideog

Currently 24 years of age and coming off a 2 year blast and cruise. Attempted it earlier this year but got caught off guard by how brutal cold turkey was. This is my second time attempting to stop the gear and it’s going pretty well so far at the 5 week mark. Hit with a mix of low/high e2 sides from Clomid but nothing I can’t handle. How important is age in recovering? I imagine the younger you are the easier it is.

There's no good data on this, but it's likely that age is a factor in testosterone production recovery after use. Anecdotally, I see a better/quicker recovery in young (<40 y) men, but my observations are biased because the older men usually cycled (continuously) longer than the younger folks.

There's no good data on this, but it's likely that age is a factor in testosterone production recovery after use. Anecdotally, I see a better/quicker recovery in young (<40 y) men, but my observations are biased because the older men usually cycled (continuously) longer than the younger folks.
I’ve only been on Clomid a week. I have no idea what this drug even does only that it’s the only medication used to treat hypogonadism.

At 24 you ought to be able to recover no problem.

You are not recovered when still taking stuff, though, even just clomid. 5 weeks out - you ought to be taking nothing.

Then after three months of nothing, go get a blood test and see what your testosterone levels are.

Stay as lean as you can and keep training and eat a good diet, as those things contribute to testosterone production.

I would say based upon what I have read that age and genetics are the two most critical factors, and at 24 you definitely have the age variable heavily in your favor bro.

I have yet to hop on the B&C train. I still run traditional cycles with PCT, but I have to say the more I read the more intrigued I am by the prospect. It would not shock me if I headed that direction myself eventually.

If I may ask, what made you want to discontinue?

At 24 you ought to be able to recover no problem.

You are not recovered when still taking stuff, though, even just clomid. 5 weeks out - you ought to be taking nothing.

Then after three months of nothing, go get a blood test and see what your testosterone levels are.

Stay as lean as you can and keep training and eat a good diet, as those things contribute to testosterone production.
Yeah I tried coming off cold turkey without pct or anything but I was strongly advised against it and opted to try it. Long story short felt like crap after 6 weeks and injected test again. Now I’m attempting it with PCT and I must say I feel a lot better than the last time. Yeah I’m just using Clomid until my balls return to normal either way I won’t be running it longer than 6-8 weeks. I hate using the stuff, high and low e2 symptoms at the same time is odd.

I would say based upon what I have read that age and genetics are the two most critical factors, and at 24 you definitely have the age variable heavily in your favor bro.

I have yet to hop on the B&C train. I still run traditional cycles with PCT, but I have to say the more I read the more intrigued I am by the prospect. It would not shock me if I headed that direction myself eventually.

If I may ask, what made you want to discontinue?
I’ll tell you exactly why I stopped using it. In order or importance.

1. Fertility.
2. Natural sex drive.
3. Hair loss.
4. Loss of youthfulness and someone actually made a recent thread about this.
5. It’s terrible for your health.

The stuff aged me about 10 years. I sort of regret hopping on but you can’t turn back the clock so just play the cards your dealt. The main reason I hopped on was due to insecurities and using it to get women but I quickly realised that women don’t give a crap about how jacked you are. I also just matured and realised that its pointless using AAS for me personally.

I’ll tell you exactly why I stopped using it. In order or importance.

1. Fertility.
2. Natural sex drive.
3. Hair loss.
4. Loss of youthfulness and someone actually made a recent thread about this.
5. It’s terrible for your health.

The stuff aged me about 10 years. I sort of regret hopping on but you can’t turn back the clock so just play the cards your dealt. The main reason I hopped on was due to insecurities and using it to get women but I quickly realised that women don’t give a crap about how jacked you are. I also just matured and realised that its pointless using AAS for me personally.
I can totally respect that. I turn 33 this month, so going on a decade older than you, but I was a very late bloomer to the gear scene. Only been at it a couple of years and it can quickly become an obsession. Maybe I will move on from it, maybe not. I guess time will tell. I appreciate your response.

Currently 24 years of age and coming off a 2 year blast and cruise. Attempted it earlier this year but got caught off guard by how brutal cold turkey was. This is my second time attempting to stop the gear and it’s going pretty well so far at the 5 week mark. Hit with a mix of low/high e2 sides from Clomid but nothing I can’t handle. How important is age in recovering? I imagine the younger you are the easier it is.
You are young. That's a plus. Your best bet is to work with an endocrinologist to try to get you back to what would be okay for a 24yo man.

It's only been 2 years so you may be able to recover some and hopefully most of your bodies natural testosterone production.
Good luck

You are young. That's a plus. Your best bet is to work with an endocrinologist to try to get you back to what would be okay for a 24yo man.

It's only been 2 years so you may be able to recover some and hopefully most of your bodies natural testosterone production.
Good luck
As long as my dick gets hard and I’m fertile I don’t care. The loss of libido is really the worst part of it, I don’t care how I look really it’s the lack of sex drive.

Good luck
What would an endocrinologist be able to do apart from prescribing serms or an ai?

I can totally respect that. I turn 33 this month, so going on a decade older than you, but I was a very late bloomer to the gear scene. Only been at it a couple of years and it can quickly become an obsession. Maybe I will move on from it, maybe not. I guess time will tell. I appreciate your response.
For me anyways, the glory of being massive fades pretty quick. Women care more about a pretty face than being jacked especially at my age so it got old for me after 2 years of BnC.

Back