Anhedonia from Bpc-157 or Tb-500?

Country Club Hero

10+ Year Member
So I think I have always used both together but I’m wondering if it’s just the bpc157 that’s causing the inability to find pleasure or does anyone know if Tb-500 will cause it too?

I’m dealing with some nagging injuries and would at least like to finish this vial of Tb-500. But not if it’s the culprit or if it’s just the bpc-157 that’s causing it. I know bpc157 is notorious for causing anhedonia so I’m done with it. It’s amazingly effective but makes me miserable. But I’m wondering if anyone experiences this from Tb-500 alone?

It's the BPC. It modulates dopaminergic neurons, and while active on them desensitizes agonization.

People on prescription amphetamines and such all of a sudden don't have their meds working nearly as well, and even some opioid addicts/alcoholics can be thrown into a pseudo withdrawal from it, especially IV'ed.

It's the BPC. It modulates dopaminergic neurons, and while active on them desensitizes agonization.

People on prescription amphetamines and such all of a sudden don't have their meds working nearly as well, and even some opioid addicts/alcoholics can be thrown into a pseudo withdrawal from it, especially IV'ed.
Ok thanks. That’s what I figured. Guess I’ll see how effective Tb500 is standalone for healing.

Do you run Tb500? If so, what is your dosing amount and frequency?

2.5 mg MWF is the usual protocol but other users have reported more immediate relief/healing from TB @ 2-3 mg/d.

It can get expensive.

Ok Ok
So would something like memantine help with this??
I've been leary of trying it bc the long (40 hour or whatever) half life and not sure if helps with stim tolerance at dosage im willing to take and if supposed to take it when in the morning or before bed

Ok Ok
So would something like memantine help with this??
I've been leary of trying it bc the long (40 hour or whatever) half life and not sure if helps with stim tolerance at dosage im willing to take and if supposed to take it when in the morning or before bed
i always took both bpc/tb in the am and pm , i was on for a few months at up to 3 mg of each with great results , but have been off for bout 9 days ago and do feel a little stiffer in the joints and a little more"achey" in general, thares a guy who uses alt of mg and he seems to be happy with progress ime

So I think I have always used both together but I’m wondering if it’s just the bpc157 that’s causing the inability to find pleasure or does anyone know if Tb-500 will cause it too?

I’m dealing with some nagging injuries and would at least like to finish this vial of Tb-500. But not if it’s the culprit or if it’s just the bpc-157 that’s causing it. I know bpc157 is notorious for causing anhedonia so I’m done with it. It’s amazingly effective but makes me miserable. But I’m wondering if anyone experiences this from Tb-500 alone?

Long term pot use probably did a number on your orbitofrontal cortex, making you much more susceptible to anhedonia. What would be a natural dip in mood now takes you into the pleasureless depths of anhedonia. You don't have the cognitive reserve in that region of the brain to "extract" pleasure from the mundane stimulus of day to day life. Unfortunately the brain eventually adapts to presence of THC, and pot's ability to elevate stupid shit into something entertaining and pleasurable, once you stop, is no longer there to compensate for that atrophied brain matter that would find pleasure in everyday things.

Some degree of recovery will take place naturally, it can even be seen on MRIs, but that could take a couple of years after stopping.

In addition, while your white brain matter regrows, and you're not a kid, it's vital you keep neuroplasticity as high as possible so the neurons develop rich networks of connections. and not just the bare functional minimum. It's the difference between that part of your brain being able to generate pleasure from stimuli and being "dry" like someone with a robotic like existence.

Last edited:
Long term pot use probably did a number on your orbitofrontal cortex, making you much more susceptible to anhedonia. What would be a natural dip in mood now takes you into the pleasureless depths of anhedonia. You don't have the cognitive reserve in that region of the brain to "extract" pleasure from minimal stimulus of day to day life.

Some degree of recovery will take place naturally, it can even be seen on MRIs, but that could take a couple of years after stopping.

In addition, while your white brain matter regrows, and you're not a kid, it's vital you keep neuroplasticity as high as possible so the neurons develop rich networks of connections. and not just the bare functional minimim. It's the difference between that part of your brain being able to generate pleasure from stimuli and being "dry" like someone with a robotic like existence.
How do you best recommend keeping neuroplasticity high? Brain games, sleep, diet? Or more than that?

How do you best recommend keeping neuroplasticity high? Brain games, sleep, diet? Or more than that?

At the risk of sounding like a pusher for the stuff. Regular, as in daily, not intermittent use of Modafinil has been demonstrated to induce neuroplasticity in organically damaged and aged brains.

You'll find after a few weeks or months, you'll be able to experience life at a "higher resolution", observing detail and effortlessly making connections in a way you rarely did before. It's not unlike the illusion of pot "creativity", the difference being these ideas are organized and based in reality. In other words, unlike the "brilliant" and "profound" thoughts and realizations you had while stoned but you realize are clearly moronic once sober, the ideas from the elevated state moda class compounds induce often seem like they came from someone smarter than you.

Besides finding stimuli in the things you already do, a key to stimulating neural development is to get into something that exposes you to novelty. I find audiobooks playing in the background to be an effortless way of doing it. Get yourself a bluetooth speaker (or headphones) and use your phone. Audible takes audiobooks back, so you can try something, and return it if it's boring. Or pay for youtube premium to get rid of the commercials and listen or watch documentaries. Just find something you can tolerate that passively pumps info into your head. Keep trying until you find a topic that works, and there will be endless material for you to use for this purpose.

Approach this like post stroke "brain rehab", because that's what it is in a way, and soon you'll find EVERYTHING you turn your attention to is interesting and enjoyable.

Consider yourself lucky, it's only very recently these mechanisms are becoming understood, right at the bleeding edge of science. The report above literally came out in the last week.