Anyone else like fiction books?

Mfaas what it do playa?
Oh you know just living it up! About to move across the country in a few months and really looking forward to it. Still enjoying book 4 of the Stormlight archive. How bout you my man Methyl Mike?

Oh you know just living it up! About to move across the country in a few months and really looking forward to it. Still enjoying book 4 of the Stormlight archive. How bout you my man Methyl Mike?
Living the life at the moment. Contemplating life love and happiness.

That’s pretty much how the author operates. He’ll drop you right in the middle of shit going on, and you get your bearings as the story goes on.
To be fair, it IS pretty sprawling, with 10 books with 1000+ pages each, so the character count can add up and you forget stuff over time because there’s just so much damn material.
I would give it another try if I were you, but like someone else said, I have a better time with print material. And if you still don’t like it, hey, not everything is for everyone

I gave it another shot and just finished book two yesterday. I think I was just a little thrown off last time because I'm listening at work and missed a little and then was totally lost. It is a lot of characters and many different ones than the first book and like you said just thrown into the middle. I'm definitely getting into it just will have to pay closer attention. Listening for so many hours every day I tend to lose focus occasionally, but most books are more forgiving about where you won't be being totally lost.

Reminds me a little of The Black Company. Have you read those? Not the writing style, but the world the story takes place in.

I gave it another shot and just finished book two yesterday. I think I was just a little thrown off last time because I'm listening at work and missed a little and then was totally lost. It is a lot of characters and many different ones than the first book and like you said just thrown into the middle. I'm definitely getting into it just will have to pay closer attention. Listening for so many hours every day I tend to lose focus occasionally, but most books are more forgiving about where you won't be being totally lost.

Reminds me a little of The Black Company. Have you read those? Not the writing style, but the world the story takes place in.
Remember the chain of dogs!! Long live coltaine in our hearts!!

im glad to hear you gave it another shot and liked it more. I think this series like I said is easier to digest when read, but I know you’ve been on your audiobook grind.
I’ve heard of black company, and it’s on my list and I might have to bump it up to be higher. From what I understand it’s pretty much the most similar thing out there to malazan

Back