ARBs or ACE Inhibitors for HBP?

JuicyJ

After 18 years of PED use I've dialed in the maintenance and regulation of my important biomarkers to ensure I'm not going to drop prematurely from heart disease and/or the many related cardiac conditions that are killing bodybuilders these days. I work as a coach and have over 20 years of bodybuilding, diet, supplementation, & PED knowledge. I practice responsible AAS use now as I'm older and concerned about the damage Testosterone supplementation has had over the last 16 years. I have a endocrinologist who doesn't understand the lifestyle I live and recommends I quit it all, but I refuse to live like a sheep instead of a lion for the remainder of my life. I started taking Telmisartan a year ago, but from a Chinese site as my doctor wouldn't prescribe it, now I cant get it. Shes finally put me on Hydrochlorothiazide, a mild diuretic to lower the high blood pressure I've been managing for the last 3 years. She wants to start with this, then look at newer ARBs, but I think ACE Inhibitors work better from anecdotal and clinical studies I've read. I know a Diuretic wont cut it as I'm running 3 businesses and live in a high stressful lifestyle. I'm looking for other alternatives than what I already take to see what's worked for others. I'm only running about 400 mg/week of Test, 2 IU/day of HGH, 250 mcg/week of HCG, 6-8 IU/Humalog preworkout, and related ancillaries, plus a number of cardiac promoting supplements like Citrus Bergamot, NAC, Trans-resveratrol, Vit D & K, Ubiquinol, and more antioxidants from biweekly IV Drips. My BP goes upto 170-90/85-95 regularly so is concerning...

Attachments

• AAS - Imgur.jpg
    AAS - Imgur.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
You cant go wrong with both. ARBs are the newer drug class which cause less sides. About 1/3 of ACEi users get the ace cough, which is kinda high incidence. Yet the other 2/3 are totally fine, so if you feel good at the ACEi there is no need to switch. Both drugs work great, both do the same job.

I tried Ramipril and everything was fine at 5mg. When I went up to 10mg I got the annoying ACEi cough and then stopped and switched to Telmisartan. Since then never had a problem again.

Telmisartan/HCTZ combo pill works very well for me. Keeps pressure at 120/75 or lower, and for some reason it works better for me than Losartan did, which is odd because they are both ARB's. Most of the cardiologists I work with prescribe the newer ARB's over ACE inhibitors.

Telmisartan/HCTZ combo pill works very well for me. Keeps pressure at 120/75 or lower, and for some reason it works better for me than Losartan did, which is odd because they are both ARB's. Most of the cardiologists I work with prescribe the newer ARB's over ACE inhibitors.
That is not the best medication for a bodybuilder. Telmisartan on its own is fine, but hctz even at only 12,5mg will screw up lipids and blood glucose levels. Since we throw in as many carbs as possible and have already screwed lipids by AAS, its imho best to choose another combination.

Better options are:

Telmisartan
+ Nebivolol
+ Amlodipine
+ Tadalafil

I chose Telmisartan from Derek/more plates more dates' information, I just cant get my doctor to prescribe it, so was buying from China. Its a pain in the ass to get consistently

I'm prescribed a CCB, Amlodipine Besylate, a Dihydropyridine Calcium Channel Blocker.
I take 5mg ED.
I get raw Telmisartan, an ARB, and take low dose 20mg ED

I run Amlodipine on blast when blood pressure creeps.

I'm prescribed a CCB, Amlodipine Besylate, a Dihydropyridine Calcium Channel Blocker.
I take 5mg ED.
I get raw Telmisartan, an ARB, and take low dose 20mg ED

I run Amlodipine on blast when blood pressure creeps.
Its one of my favorits. Really effective at lowering blood pressure. Also comes with almost no down sides.