Are hormones dispensed from U.S. compounding pharmacies worth the cost?

sbdman

***I obviously see the benefits of getting AAS prescribed legally however that is not my concern. My main concern is quality and cost.

Does anyone have any personal knowledge that hormones such as test and deca dispensed by compounding pharmacies are inherently better than those provided by a reputable UGL source that does regular HPLC testing? I get the concept that test is test but my “gut” tells me that raws produced by Bayer are of higher quality than those made in Chinese laboratories. However, I have no idea where compounding pharmacies get their raws. So I’m hoping there’s someone here who either works for a compounding pharmacy or has insider knowledge.

I want to know if it’s worth paying out $500 every 8 weeks for legal dispensed hormones from a compounding pharmacy. I don’t care about the legality aspect. I’m prescribed test c and deca at 200mg/mL per week for each along with 10,000iu of HCG.

Not really and it’s likely the same raws. I use a compound pharmacy through my clinic because I’m in a position where I need to maintain a script. $500 every 8 weeks!? Good I, don’t spend anywhere near that lol. Maybe for the whole year.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input yall. @Mac11wildcat I agree, at this point the only benefit I see is the legal cover which like I said isn’t my main concern but there is some peace of mind there to make the cost worth it. Just so damn expensive. Might consider asking the doc to cut dosages in half so I’m only ordering half the dollar amount. Save some money.

Thanks for the input yall. @Mac11wildcat I agree, at this point the only benefit I see is the legal cover which like I said isn’t my main concern but there is some peace of mind there to make the cost worth it. Just so damn expensive. Might consider asking the doc to cut dosages in half so I’m only ordering half the dollar amount. Save some money.
There is a trt clinic that knows I blast and cruise. K order 2 vials a year

As long as it's dosed the same, what could be the difference exactly?

Most people, me included...keep a prescription for a mild blanket of protection from arrest. It's really up to you if you think it's worth it from a financial aspect.

As long as it's dosed the same, what could be the difference exactly?

Most people, me included...keep a prescription for a mild blanket of protection from arrest. It's really up to you if you think it's worth it from a financial aspect.
There shouldn’t be a difference, I agree. And I totally understand the benefit of it providing some legal protection.

What I was really hoping to see from making this post was someone who has experience working in a compounding pharmacy that could confirm whether or not the raws they use come from the same Chinese/Indian manufacturers that UGL uses, or, whether these pharmacies have access to other higher quality facilities with raws that have 99%+ purity (if that’s even possible). For me that’s where the value would be in keeping a script. But again, I do see the value of having legal protection.

***I obviously see the benefits of getting AAS prescribed legally however that is not my concern. My main concern is quality and cost.
The standards for compounding pharmacies are nowhere near as strict as bigpharma pharmaceutical manufacturers.

In the past, a few of the Floridian TRT clinics had their own in-house compounding pharmacies which weren't much different than the better domestic UGLs.

Of course, they were shut down. I'm not sure how many of the compounding pharmacies focusing on AAS operating in today's marketplace are similar.

To be clear, there are some good compounding pharmacies in this space. But I'd still send samples for analytical testing.

The standards for compounding pharmacies are nowhere near as strict as bigpharma pharmaceutical manufacturers.

In the past, a few of the Floridian TRT clinics had their own in-house compounding pharmacies which weren't much different than the better domestic UGLs.

Of course, they were shut down. I'm not sure how many of the compounding pharmacies focusing on AAS operating in today's marketplace are similar.

To be clear, there are some good compounding pharmacies in this space. But I'd still send samples for analytical testing.
Yeah, one of the Florida TRT clinics was also caught selling fake HGH under a brand name. Florida Alternative.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Testosterone/comments/tvb2u9/beware_of_florida_alternative_trt_clinic_they/

$10 for a 100 mg oxandrolone troche and I still have to send it out for testing to the guy who doesn't seem to quite get the concept of significant figures? Bummer.

Stevia, eh? And yummy raspberry? What is this, metrosexual, latte-sipping oxandrolone? :D

Looks good.
Unfortunately this pharmacy closed up shop. Was a great establishment. Recipe above was 120 troches (100 mg each). Easy to half or quarter. Troches weights were within 3% of that reported above.

Yes they make for nice little buccal treat on the way to gym. Unfortunately many compounding pharmacies don't get the PEG mixture right which leads to the troche dissolving too fast.

Thanks.

I switched from compounding pharmacy testosterone to a quality UGL 7 weeks ago. I'm happy with my choice, as I'm basically saving $400 per 10 ml vial. Other than hoping the raws are free of heavy metals, etc... I see no difference. Other than the fact that I'd get a few back and shoulder pimples on the CP testosterone, and I've been pimple free with the UGL stuff. All I can guess is that it's the change from cottonseed oil to grapeseed oil.

Are you adding in office visits or were you paying over $400 per 10 ml from compounding pharmacy?
Yearly visit at $400 (I talked them down to $200 for initial) and $125 each time for blood work - plus the $425 per 10 ml vial. I knew there was cheaper out there, but I went with one I could drive to for a visit if the need arose due to changing laws. It was the closest one to me at 2 hours away, as I live in a really rural area. Eventually, I just came to a "fuck this" moment. I'm so tired of government laws and regulations making things impossible, and ridiculously expensive.

$425 per 10 ml vial.
Sweet Jesus. May the big dude (or whatever) up above bless you. Well done. Treat yourself to a GCMS/metals analysis once you have a lab you want to stick with.

That is insane gouging. Most expensive compounded test ester 10 vials (200mg/ml) I've seen are $130.

Take care.

Back